News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

JD2000

I may decide to visit DHS while there. But I don’t follow WDW discussions. Do the boarding groups continue to be a sort of lottery and gone within a couple minutes on most days? And just how many backups are usually called?

DCBaker

Premium Member
I may decide to visit DHS while there. But I don’t follow WDW discussions. Do the boarding groups continue to be a sort of lottery and gone within a couple minutes on most days? And just how many backups are usually called?

For the past 2 days, backup groups have been available for almost an hour, with today being available for 1 hour and 25 minutes. Initial groups have still been filled in the first minute.

As far as how many called, the past three days have been 121, 133, 143. Before this week, though, it had been really up and down as far as numbers called.

JD2000

For the past 2 days, backup groups have been available for almost an hour, with today being available for 1 hour and 25 minutes. Initial groups have still been filled in the first minute.

As far as how many called, the past three days have been 121, 133, 143. Before this week, though, it had been really up and down as far as numbers called.
Thank you for the reply!

Do you know how many boarding groups and backups they release and the conservative average called each day?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Thank you for the reply!

Do you know how many boarding groups and backups they release and the conservative average called each day?

Initial boarding groups are staying quite low and for the past month or so, the highest was 73. How many backups are given out is only speculated as that data is not given out.

As a side note, backup groups for West RoTR were available for about 3 1/2 hours after opening today.

JD2000

Initial boarding groups are staying quite low and for the past month or so, the highest was 73. How many backups are given out is only speculated as that data is not given out.

As a side note, backup groups for West RoTR were available for about 3 1/2 hours after opening today.
So do we know roughly the minutes you have to almost certainly get to ride (i.e. get a boarding pass within and your set)?

MJJME

So do we know roughly the minutes you have to almost certainly get to ride (i.e. get a boarding pass within and your set)?
The lowest BG ever called was around 60 I believe (DC Baker and others can prob give an exact answer)………...Guaranteed BGs are around the 60-70 range currently...……..so as long as you get a guaranteed BG, you should be fine to ride that same day...…….Guaranteed BGs are gone within 60 seconds of the park opening...……..remember though, this is a low bar...……..the last 4-5 days they have probably averaged close to twice that for BG called and the historical average is probably in the 100 range (does anyone have that exact stat?)

good luck

DonaldDoleWhip

Back for the first time since New Year - still got it 🙌🏼

(Opened the app from scratch about 2 seconds before park opening)

41AB0789-8DDC-4933-9626-78323444F840.png

Last edited:

disneygeek90

At Hollywood studios this morning with an out of state friend and this is our one park day. Had her try Demarke and I stuck with my open from scratch (FWIW she has AT&T).

Both had mishaps, “join boarding group” was available for both right at 8. The only problem was none of her friends showed. When my app loaded, I was once again not at the top of my list. That’s a few times that’s happened now so not sure whats going on.

I told her just to get herself a group as I reloaded my app. She got 31, I ended up with 83 after getting the red error. We were first in line at guest services and had them move me but phew that was a bit of a mess today!
ABB2D3BB-99F4-4926-973B-DFA00AD1BF3E.jpeg

Back for the first time since New Year - still got it 🙌🏼

(Opened the app from scratch about 2 seconds before park opening)

View attachment 454249
On the bottom of the “you’re in a boarding group” screen is says “return within the next hour of when your boarding group is called”.

Is that new or has that screen always been listed what your return window length is (1 or 2 hours) on the “you’re in a boarding group” screen?

Did everyone today get 1 hour return windows?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom