News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

splashtest

Looks like all groups called and the ride is still open. Have they allowed any standby tonight? Or are they”open” but no longer boarding?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That's not how logic works... you don't get to take a subset and make it apply to a grander set that includes portions not of the subset.

The premise still holds... Resort guests get perks, they don't get any perk people dream up, nor are they at the 'front of the line' for any and all constrained activities at Disney. So if Disney doesn't give something to the Resort Guests its a choice.. not some violation of convention.
That's not how English works -- you don't get to make a blanket statement like "do resort guests..." and then quibble about sub-sets and intent when someone points out that there are, indeed, some resort guests who get those perks you said they didn't.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
66B82605-3758-45E5-B650-F1B5AC29DDAF.gif
21A07693-D078-49AD-9397-F2DC865CE1E9.gif

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

No Name

I don't know if that would have been feasible. I am struggling to think of an example of a trackless ride vehicle as large as the ones on Rise as it is. Since these things are trackless and have to run off their batteries, weight definitely becomes an issue.

True, yes, there is more that goes into it than I’m aware of as a forum poster here. But RotR does not have the best hourly capacity of any trackless ride, nor the largest vehicles. Yet I hear they have more CMs at load than any other trackless ride.

In my opinion, many imagineers continue to value show perfection over ride efficiency too much.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
True, yes, there is more that goes into it than I’m aware of as a forum poster here. But RotR does not have the best hourly capacity of any trackless ride, nor the largest vehicles. Yet I hear they have more CMs at load than any other trackless ride.

In my opinion, many imagineers continue to value show perfection over ride efficiency too much.
Well, technically the largest...
6FCBDDF7-CF00-471A-B253-22301E0E69C3.jpeg

flynnibus

Premium Member
That's not how English works --

Actually it is... it’s written to know that while exceptions exist, the exceptions do not represent the entire group... so the exceptions are not equal to the larger group.

You could have countered with “some resort guests...” and been correct. But as you tried.. no. Nor did your counter really matter to the discussion at all because its not representative of the audience under debate.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Oh, you and your excuses.

Oh you and your eagerness to ignore common knowledge and simplicity in your quest to try to play “gotcha”. Sorry we expect frequent participants to have some common understanding of the crowd visit pattrns when we discuss things so we don’t repeat common knowledge ad nauseum. And everyone knows that not all days are equal in a period. Did you need that spelled out for you?

If you want training wheels for every post... this isn’t the place for you. Meanwhile - the period was still busy as seen by all the absurd wait times and longest operating hours of the year. But yeah... we were the suckers...

TrainsOfDisney

January 1 - 6:07 am and park gates have not opened. People are packed in like crazy inside security... and I can only imagine that it will be scary and claustrophobic when the gates open.

Also... empty security tables were staffed but I wasn’t allowed to use them, I had to use the no-bag line which had a long line.

Small problems in this world but with no sleep I’m extra annoyed.

Ohhhhh edit to add park opens at 7:00 today so that explains the park not open yet. That was my bad ha.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom