News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

Probably a dumb question that has already been covered, so apologies in advance, but is it safe to assume the ticket booths and guest services outside the gates are open before park open? We've got guests joining us on Monday who have yet to purchase tickets (will purchase online in the coming days) and need to get their physical tickets. Know this is going to complicate us getting through the turnstiles, just curious how much so. Thanks all!
I actually don't recall standard ticket booths being open around 6:30, but guest relations should be. I would recommend picking up the tickets at Disney Springs the day before if possible to save from the hassle. Clearly today the demand for groups was much lower than the past few weeks, but Monday will be right into Christmas.

Last edited:

ok529

I actually don't recall standard ticket booths being open around 6:30, but guest relations should be. I would recommend picking up the tickets at Disney Springs the day before if possible to save from the hassle. Clearly today the demand for groups was much lower than the past few weeks, Monday will be right into Christmas.
Going to Disney Springs the day before is a must do!

TraderChris

Going to Disney Springs the day before is a must do!

Yeah, thought of that and really wish they could swing it, but they're not getting in until Sunday evening. Trying to push them to do this, but not sure the luck I'll have. Alas. This is what happens when people expect the planner of the group to work miracles with a 4-day lead time. 😄

JediMasterMatt

Continuing to see incremental improvements in ride operations. Here's hoping that within a month they're close to 100%.

Everyone involved has been pleasantly surprised how things have been improving. They've found a sweet spot with the number of RVs in play and that keeps the more software related issues in check. These were the things that were causing the frequent 45 minute or so resets in the first few days of operation. When we left town on Sunday, there were starting to try to push beyond this again by loading more RVs. The ride still is having the occasional mechanical issue that can cause it to be down for indeterminant periods of time; but, those have been surprisingly less than expected.

For something that was going to be a headache no matter how it was done - it has been working far, far better than anyone's doomsday prophecy.

And Anaheim's is still running better than this, so it looks even more promising out there.

ToTBellHop

Everyone involved has been pleasantly surprised how things have been improving. They've found a sweet spot with the number of RVs in play and that keeps the more software related issues in check. These were the things that were causing the frequent 45 minute or so resets in the first few days of operation. When we left town on Sunday, there were starting to try to push beyond this again by loading more RVs. The ride still is having the occasional mechanical issue that can cause it to be down for indeterminant periods of time; but, those have been surprisingly less than expected.

For something that was going to be a headache no matter how it was done - it has been working far, far better than anyone's doomsday prophecy.

And Anaheim's is still running better than this, so it looks even more promising out there.
Yes. A week and a half ago it saw 8k guests in one day. Today it’s on track to do so by 2 pm with 7 hours to spare (i.e. halfway through the day).

Crunchie9

Yeah, thought of that and really wish they could swing it, but they're not getting in until Sunday evening. Trying to push them to do this, but not sure the luck I'll have. Alas. This is what happens when people expect the planner of the group to work miracles with a 4-day lead time. 😄
Expedite expedite expedite

hopemax

Tomorrow is our day. Glad to see them zipping through the groups. We would really like to be done with DHS before lunch and head to another park. Wasn't sure how that would work with the new BG distribution at park opening, but glad to read it should be still possible to get an early enough group to do that. So now appreciative that we can move the arrival time from 5AM to 6AM, and sleep a bit more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom