News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Dapale

Is there a reason why the Disneyland version of the ride is more reliable? They are the exact same ride.
I'm not sure that it is. Both versions have clear on and off days. More recently, Rise East has been having more uptime than DL's (on average). You could look on any random day and the winner could be either one of the coasts. The only unknown here is how many vehicles they are running and their dispatch times (to know what kind of capacity they're actually reaching). I'm pretty sure both coasts have become very similar recently, though just from observation.

The only thing that DL's Rise is clearly winning at: The first two preshows nearly always operating. I have heard little to no reports of the preshows off due to any issues, compared to East's multiple occasions of having issues with the shuttles.

Hawg G

when we went on Saturday, it was only the first cannon. The only real change I noticed from my first ride (back in December) was that the barrier between the front and back is gone, since I rode in the back both times, the removal of that barrier improved the views 10 fold!!
Imagine if they would get rid of the barriers in Smugglers Run.

CntrlFlPete

Imagine if they would get rid of the barriers in Smugglers Run.
only thing I ever saw on Smugglers Run is a bunch of toggle switches and push buttons lighting up. They will load mixed parties now on Smuggler's so I guess that process is the same sort of 'returning to (the new) normal.

Movielover

Is there a reason why the Disneyland version of the ride is more reliable? They are the exact same ride.
Yes they are the same, but machines and parts wear out at different rates, plus the Achilles Heel of this ride has always been the reliance on Wifi to control the cars and cannons, Wifi frequencies are different and how signals move through the air can be affected in different ways where the rides are located. So yes the rides are the same but face different problems.

Hawg G

only thing I ever saw on Smugglers Run is a bunch of toggle switches and push buttons lighting up. They will load mixed parties now on Smuggler's so I guess that process is the same sort of 'returning to (the new) normal.
I meant the damn widows that glare so bad with all the flashing lights, the small viewing angle is made even worse.

TriSeb

Got in line at 8:20 and just got i to the outside queue after this snake line:

Attachments

• A9EFBF99-95FC-4D06-90F9-3CF5511E17DB.jpeg
    A9EFBF99-95FC-4D06-90F9-3CF5511E17DB.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 180

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom