News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Group 58 ended up being called at 12:20, when we had just been seated at SciFi, we got on at the tail end of the window and the ride stopped for about 10-12 minutes in the cannon room but it was able to resume and finish, they still gave us a return FP so we were able to go again after hitting the Falcon! We also were just feet from the end of MMRR when it stopped and the lights came on for an evac, we got a fastpass for that one too. Turned out to be a pretty fortuitous 2 for 1 day on the new rides for us today!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Group 58 ended up being called at 12:20, when we had just been seated at SciFi, we got on at the tail end of the window and the ride stopped for about 10-12 minutes in the cannon room but it was able to resume and finish, they still gave us a return FP so we were able to go again after hitting the Falcon! We also were just feet from the end of MMRR when it stopped and the lights came on for an evac, we got a fastpass for that one too. Turned out to be a pretty fortuitous 2 for 1 day on the new rides for us today!
Is the park crowded? 29 seconds at 1PM seems like longer than usual to stay open.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Is the park crowded? 29 seconds at 1PM seems like longer than usual to stay open.
I’d say it was a lot more crowded before lunch, it rained while we were eating shortly after noon, so that might’ve cleared some out. MMRR, Toy Story Land and StarWars all seemed crowded in the morning, but the front of the park seemed a good bit more open early afternoon after we did our RotR rides.

Edit: I think @DCBaker nailed it, the extended hours were probably the biggest factor.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Congrats on a good day!

Disone

7am slots filled in ~10 seconds.
Way faster then that. I was denied at 7:00am and 04 seconds :(

There has to be a better way. The Marquee attraction oh, the number one reason people are buying a ticket to the theme park, and Disney can't even guarantee they'll be able to experience it.

I feel for any guests that travels to WDW from any distance dropping some sort of shiney Penny to get here to experience this attraction..... the anticipation of having to wait until the day of your part reservation to find out if you can go on the attraction.... the other disappointment when they lose the virtual queue Lottery.

JeffyJoseph

Way faster then that. I was denied at 7:00am and 04 seconds :(

There has to be a better way. The Marquee attraction oh, the number one reason people are buying a ticket to the theme park, and Disney can't even guarantee they'll be able to experience it.

I feel for any guests that travels to WDW from any distance dropping some sort of shiney Penny to get here to experience this attraction..... the anticipation of having to wait until the day of your part reservation to find out if you can go on the attraction.... the other disappointment when they lose the virtual queue Lottery.
Same here, literally 4 seconds. I have a glitch with some of my passes on MDE not showing up even though I did make a RSVP for them. I probably shouldn't have tried to add them once the guest list showed up after hitting "join", here's to trying at 1pm...

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Groups began being called just before 9:20am (1-7). Groups started calling ~38 minutes later than yesterday.
Any reasons for the swings in reliability the last couple of weeks? Yesterday was a "great" day, now today it's a slow start. Had a couple of friends go recently, both missed at 7 but got backups at 1, and both got to ride. I was ridiculously excited for all of them, as it was their first times, and the biggest non-SW fan of all was over the moon about it.

Anyway, it just seems like the last couple of weeks have had weird swings, and was curious if there were any rumors or knowledge as to why.

RSoxNo1

A report on the ride, Wednesday and Thursday only the first of the cannons was operating but everything else that I was aware of as being problematic (Probe Droid, Kylo figures) were all working properly. I believe the cannons have been down for a while, and based solely on the first one, if they're all firing I imagine it's very impressive.

JeffyJoseph

2nd drop success! We were eating at ABC Commissary and I cheered when I got in, and then everyone else cheered causing a domino effect like we just won Gold at the Olympics lol
84C0E5CD-EF50-415D-84F1-6AD2A42509A6.png

disneygeek90

A report on the ride, Wednesday and Thursday only the first of the cannons was operating but everything else that I was aware of as being problematic (Probe Droid, Kylo figures) were all working properly. I believe the cannons have been down for a while, and based solely on the first one, if they're all firing I imagine it's very impressive.
It's my favorite effect when it's working. I'm beginning to fear it may turn into this ride's version of the yeti and just never be bothered to be fixed.

TriSeb

Way faster then that. I was denied at 7:00am and 04 seconds

Same here, literally 4 seconds. I

DCBaker is the metronome of this attraction's window time duration and groups called.
Your "in the field" observations were likely due to connectivity or as noted, party member issues. Nevertheless, I feel ya. It's Tuff.

On my recent July visit, the wi-fi at BLT was sketchy. I got up early and sat on a bench right out front. I was able to snag BGs, but I employed a tag-team approach with my son, who has the young people's phone dexterity required, and we snagged 3 out of 3 times with the help of the brain trust on this thread (my son was a padawan but is close to becoming a master.)

Good luck with your next attempt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom