News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Purduevian

Could be a software glitch. From when I was trained on it (in california) I was told that they too are trackless.
I remember hearing that they were trackless as well...seems super unnecessary to me for something that only moves linearly. If they are trackless and it is a software issue, that is entirely on the imagineers that designed it, it could have been so much simpler.

SplashJacket

I remember hearing that they were trackless as well...seems super unnecessary to me for something that only moves linearly. If they are trackless and it is a software issue, that is entirely on the imagineers that designed it, it could have been so much simpler.
Pooh in Tokyo has had trackless set vehicles that interact with trackless guest vehicles since 2000, I don't think using the same system in 2019 is an inherent mistake.

disneygeek90

I haven’t followed this thread much since the shutdown and my vacation was canceled. I’ll be returning at the end of April now. Do you need to have a park pass for HS in order to reserve a BP at 7am, I’m an AP.
Thanks!
I imagine the phone/App speed methods still apply as a year ago too, right?
Yes you need a reservation for 7am. I sit on the main screen at 6:59:45, click join right at 7, and go from there. The process timing wise is a lot simpler than it was pre-covid, especially now that you do not need to select additional members.

Purduevian

Pooh in Tokyo has had trackless set vehicles that interact with trackless guest vehicles since 2000, I don't think using the same system in 2019 is an inherent mistake.
I'm not against utilizing trackless set vehicles if the vehicles are "dancing" around the guest vehicles. I think it's a great use of set pieces in hunny hunt and the beginning of ROTR with the "disco room". My thinking is that system is way over complicated for something that move linearly even if it is on the ride path. I view it how the TOT was simplified for DCA and used pluggers to push and pull the vehicles into the elevator shaft because it was so much simpler than WDW TOT.

surfsupdon

I’ve got my AP and Park Pass linked. My buddy has his admission and Park Pass linked. We are linked together.
I will be going for the Boarding Group at 7a.
When it comes to Guests, will he already be ‘checked’ in the app like I will be, or will I need to select him then proceed?
How is the most effective way to go about this? Thank you for your help!!

DCBaker

Premium Member
I’ve got my AP and Park Pass linked. My buddy has his admission and Park Pass linked. We are linked together.
I will be going for the Boarding Group at 7a.
When it comes to Guests, will he already be ‘checked’ in the app like I will be, or will I need to select him then proceed?
How is the most effective way to go about this? Thank you for your help!!
If they show up on your friends/family list and have park reservations, they should be auto-selected.

Last edited:

surfsupdon

If they show up on your friends/family list and have park reservations, they should be auto-selected.
He does show up on my Friends/Family list. We both have Park Reservations that I made for both of us at the same time.
So it sounds like he should be auto selected. I just do not want to fumble!!

gerarar

Premium Member
Today’s been a subpar day for Rise. 4 total breakdowns, lasting about ~30 minutes each, with the most recent one ending at 6:38pm.

8-9 boarding groups usually get called within a ~30 minute span. Today marks the most breakdowns in a single day for a long while now, according to logs that I record. And just yesterday, Rise had a flawless run with no breakdowns.

But don’t let this distract you from the fact that the reliability of ROTR is through the roof compared to months ago after reopening. It’s great to see the progress the ride has made since then.

KevinPage

F03E7733-3ECB-43ED-A027-72C775B5839F.jpeg

9D06B4C5-9017-4C19-A829-2146A3C9AE71.gif

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom