News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Tuvalu

Premium Member
CBBBF646-B4EF-4C55-A168-3A3C1D88C0EE.png

SplashJacket

Those cannons have been down for months. Hopefully there’s plans to get it back relatively soon... that’s my favorite effect in the entire attraction.
It is very impressive. Their size is crazy for how aggressively they move.

It appears the ride is running a lot more reliably, so I wonder if the cannons being down have anything to do with that reliability jump; however, correlation is not causation.

disneygeek90

It is very impressive. Their size is crazy for how aggressively they move.

It appears the ride is running a lot more reliably, so I wonder if the cannons being down have anything to do with that reliability jump; however, correlation is not causation.
Ironically enough, I was evac’d twice on Sunday! Once right before interrogation, and another about 90 mins later just as we sat on the ride. 3rd time was a charm 😆

Overall though it has been much better, and it seems like when it does go down its not taking as long to reboot (30ish mins).

gerarar

Premium Member
Those cannons have been down for months. Hopefully there’s plans to get it back relatively soon... that’s my favorite effect in the entire attraction.
One part of me thinks the last two cannons are turned off on purpose. Like the first cannon is moving perfectly fine, so it’s not the cannon itself that’s the problem. It may be a software thing and how it interacts with the RVs that may be the issue and be causing E-stops.

But that’s just my theory. All 3 cannons were fixed and working again for about 2 days from December 20-22 until they were shut off and have been motionless since.

MrHappy

I haven’t followed this thread much since the shutdown and my vacation was canceled. I’ll be returning at the end of April now. Do you need to have a park pass for HS in order to reserve a BP at 7am, I’m an AP.
Thanks!
I imagine the phone/App speed methods still apply as a year ago too, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom