News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

gerarar

Premium Member
Made a post in the main ROTR thread of a breakdown video that got posted just today. If you're interested in the behind-the-scenes stuff of the ride, would definitely check it out;
A full breakdown at the AT-AT room! In this POV you can see many of the physical props resetting, including the boxes with blaster damage, Fin animatronic, blaster gun, etc. all with lights on.
What's interesting is that maintenance people are already on the scene right away (thru the backdoor), as if they're just sitting/waiting backstage for an E-stop to happen. So the issue here is probably indeed the elevators given where they are placed and respond to.

Near the end, they walk through the tunnel in the dancing/disco room which leads to the unload section. Most breakdown videos end before this point, but the person recording this risked it all! Anyways, very interesting stuff backstage and many of the walls are still themed despite no gets to see this area on-ride.

rreading

So I’m reading it from at least two folks here that we DO NOT need to select members for our boarding group. One did not specify why, but another suggested that the app will grab anyone in our friends and family that has also entered the park. Makes me nervous to skip this step, but I would love to be able to get a boarding group with my boy and I are there this weekend.

Can someone confirm that this works?

DCBaker

Premium Member
So I’m reading it from at least two folks here that we DO NOT need to select members for our boarding group. One did not specify why, but another suggested that the app will grab anyone in our friends and family that has also entered the park. Makes me nervous to skip this step, but I would love to be able to get a boarding group with my boy and I are there this weekend.

Yes, it does work. There was a change in the MDE app a few weeks ago - if you and your guests on your friends list have tapped into the park, the app will auto-select them in the boarding group process.

Giss Neric

If it's only two or three in your group then go ahead and select but more than that I suggest don't waste your time selecting all, and just select one then go to any guest services team and they will add everyone in the party. Every second counts. It only takes 10 seconds for all groups to be filled.

DCBaker

Premium Member
given the CONSISTENCY of the filling... I'm really wondering if the consistency is coming from the means it's being measured @DCBaker
The numbers are solely based on the opening and closing of the boarding group window. If you have other ways to measure the window length for boarding groups, I'm all ears.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The numbers are solely based on the opening and closing of the boarding group window. If you have other ways to measure the window length for boarding groups, I'm all ears.
But is that via polling or a labeled timestamp?

I'm not pointing the finger... I'm wondering if we are reading more into the data than what the design actually gives.

DCBaker

Premium Member
But is that via polling or a labeled timestamp?

I'm not pointing the finger... I'm wondering if we are reading more into the data than what the design actually gives.
Sure, no worries. I'm just actually watching/timing the ability to join a boarding group via the code showing when the window is open and closed.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1602013428864.png

1602013533225.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom