News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Giss Neric

All preshows were working today, as per a livestream from earlier today. There was one B-mode scene on the ride, which doesn’t affect ride-performance.
Here’s a livestream from earlier:

Probe Droid laser still broken and last Kylo Ren AA encounter scene in B-mode

Probe droid is not a ride ruiner and I also think it's really unnecessary in the ride. Just the stromtroopers alone is enough. B-mode Kylo is though.

gerarar

Premium Member
Probe droid is not a ride ruiner and I also think it's really unnecessary in the ride. Just the stromtroopers alone is enough. B-mode Kylo is though.
It’s still one of the few actual physical effects in the ride that I want to see remain and be maintained at least!

However imo, if we skip the probe droid and go straight to the stormtroopers it would seem too fast since we just got broken out by fellow Resistance people. The probe droid is suppose to be our second whoa! We were almost caught there moment.

MJJME

Havent been on here in a while.....Can someone update me on the preferred method? I was very familiar with DeMarke but did I read somewhere that the MDE app was updated and that method no longer works? thanks

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Havent been on here in a while.....Can someone update me on the preferred method? I was very familiar with DeMarke but did I read somewhere that the MDE app was updated and that method no longer works? thanks
Much simpler now. Basically you just keep pulling down to refresh on the join screen, beginning around 5 seconds prior to 10am. Good luck!

RSoxNo1

Much simpler now. Basically you just keep pulling down to refresh on the join screen, beginning around 5 seconds prior to 10am. Good luck!
It also seems like you should limit your friends and family list to the people that you're looking to have join you on the ride. With only a 15 second window for spots, every second counts.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Was there Sunday...after the parking fiasco a couple of weeks ago I arrived at the parking plaza at 9am....they started letting cars park around 910a. I was in the park by 926a and snagged boarding group 3 at 10am. Was on/off ROTR by 1030am...it was a good day.

Edited to add: Kylo slicing through the ceiling effect wasn't working as well as the "Dancing with Kylo" scene.

KevinPage

10am slots filled in ~12 seconds.

How convenient that groups are “suddenly” taking 3 seconds less than normal

F3C58878-B281-48B3-A736-B753A8BB851F.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom