News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

ok529

Can't tell you how good it feels to see folks talking about group numbers, break downs, and the Demarke!
1594918903367.png

Joel

Apparently none of the technical timing really matters anymore. They updated the code so it will always call for a group, not just after a certain period of time.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster. I do have a strange respect for those who stick to the old Jedi rituals, though.

It'll be funny if Rise is still using a virtual queue a decade from now, and you notice some graybeard at park opening swearing to everyone around him that Demarke is the one true way.

KevinPage

Demarke!

I have an iPhone 11 Pro / AT&T and used cellular. I had 3 bars of service. We were in line for SDD.

I closed the Disney app - killed the app not just switched to a different app.

At 9:57:40 restarted the Disney App. I think we determined that you have to start the app between 9:57:30-9:58:00.

On my front page the 3rd block is RotR and it has a join button on the bottom left. It did not turn red for me at 10:00:00. Using my cell phone clock and ignoring the PA announcements, I clicked join at 10:00:01.
The app asks you to select your party. I removed extra friends so I could just select all. Then I punched join. I noticed a delay today of populating my family from back in March. There are 4 of us which is the same as in March.

I think the initial estimated wait time was 75 min for BG9. It was about a 15 min wait inside the cue. We rode with another family of 3 and each family had it’s own car. All of the pre-ride scenes were working. But I’m trying to remember if the initial interrogation was cut short.

Definitely a different feel riding with less people. Seemed more relaxed but still enjoyable.

Thanks. Yeah @Joel stated the app currently does not have the restrictions it used to, so you can literally sit inside the app all day if you wanted requesting ad naseum

Basically Disney IT killed @Demarke, whether out of spite, logic, or happenstance, we will never know 🤩😂🤩

disneygeek90

Thanks. Yeah @Joel stated the app currently does not have the restrictions it used to, so you can literally sit inside the app all day if you wanted requesting ad naseum

Basically Disney IT killed @Demarke, whether out of spite, logic, or happenstance, we will never know 🤩😂🤩
With Disney making the app more simple it actually feels like a disadvantage for those studying all possible methods. Now it's just up to the luck of quick fingers/hoping all your friends appear.

nyrebel3

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster. I do have a strange respect for those who stick to the old Jedi rituals, though.

It'll be funny if Rise is still using a virtual queue a decade from now, and you notice some graybeard at park opening swearing to everyone around him that Demarke is the one true way.

I am one with the force and the force is with me!

Furiated

So, interesting thing that I noticed when trying from home today.

I tried at 1pm, and got the Hey, you're not in the park! Which I believe means I would have potentially gotten a boarding pass.

Getting close to 4, I wanted to try again. When I opened the app, I was was still on the Hey, you're not in the park screen. I backed out one screen to the Create a party screen, and then backed out one more to the screen where the blue Join button appears. The Join button was still there. I thought that was odd. I tried clicking on it at 3:59 and got the red error that they aren't admitting more people right now. I waited and tried again at 4:00:01 and got right in to the Create a party screen, and then to the Hey, you're not in the park screen.

Just interesting that the blue Join button stuck around today between my attempts at 1:00 and 4:00. My first try from home attempt on Wed at 4, the Join button wasn't there prior to 4 and I had to keep refreshing, and it was probably 4:01 or 4:02 before it finally showed up for me.

jt04

I love the face shields as part of RotR. Not sure what the CMs think of them but they really do make them more intimidating. Maybe they will theme them and make them permanent. LEDs and built in ventilation and there you go.

Giss Neric

Why can't they fit 2 parties in one vehicle. Not necessarily to fill up all four seats. Two persons in the front and 2 persons in the back on opposite sides. Someone riding solo in a vehicle might sound great but it's not practical.

disneygeek90

Why can't they fit 2 parties in one vehicle. Not necessarily to fill up all four seats. Two persons in the front and 2 persons in the back on opposite sides. Someone riding solo in a vehicle might sound great but it's not practical.
The person sitting middle front and other sitting middle back would not be 6ft apart. Theoretically it could probably work with a solo rider front left and a solo rider back right, but it likely doesn’t happen enough to plan for it.

KevinPage

ride vehicles are not big and better to be safe than sorry at this point. Plus with virtual queue they can control access

I only missed the 4pm and felt bad. Do better, rebel scum.

80C219FE-AFD3-4606-AD35-30E938A1222F.gif

KevinPage

Wait times were fairly high I saw online at DHS today. MMRR 130 minutes, 60 Slinky/Falcon, 30 TSM. This was around 11am. Obviously things change for over the day but still seems kinda high

disneygeek90

Wait times were fairly high I saw online at DHS today. MMRR 130 minutes, 60 Slinky/Falcon, 30 TSM. This was around 11am. Obviously things change for over the day but still seems kinda high
Agree. From what I can tell it sounds like most wait times are being overstated though. Someone reported a posted wait of ~75 for MMRR and waited about 25. It might be one of those things where you just take a chance.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

So, interesting thing that I noticed when trying from home today.

I tried at 1pm, and got the Hey, you're not in the park! Which I believe means I would have potentially gotten a boarding pass.

Getting close to 4, I wanted to try again. When I opened the app, I was was still on the Hey, you're not in the park screen. I backed out one screen to the Create a party screen, and then backed out one more to the screen where the blue Join button appears. The Join button was still there. I thought that was odd. I tried clicking on it at 3:59 and got the red error that they aren't admitting more people right now. I waited and tried again at 4:00:01 and got right in to the Create a party screen, and then to the Hey, you're not in the park screen.

Just interesting that the blue Join button stuck around today between my attempts at 1:00 and 4:00. My first try from home attempt on Wed at 4, the Join button wasn't there prior to 4 and I had to keep refreshing, and it was probably 4:01 or 4:02 before it finally showed up for me.
Um you do have to be in the park to join a boarding group. soo.....

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Because we are in a pandemic and they want to social distance

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom