News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

What happened with your app today?

Couple of things going on

- Daughter and I have those pesky 1 day hoppers they gave us in December (wife and other daughter doesn’t) so sometimes it allows us to book FP+ but not them (even within the 30 day window). It was an issue in December leading into January but with blackout dates on our Silver, wasn’t a big problem so ignored it.

- This week when trying to book FP+ for April it keeps saying wife and other daughter are not eligible for whatever reason (again assuming it’s looking at our Hoppers and not everyone AP’s).

- Today daughter got in faster than me (I presume). Forgot to select me & she got BG 6

- I tried at same time and selected her and then got the error INVALID PARK ADMISSION (for both of us) which I’ve never seen before. I didn’t panic as like 1/2 second later she told me she got 6. So we were in line for GET anyways and they added me to her group. GET member though that was a weird error and never seen that before. But it seems like the app has a lot of quirks (to say the least) so ya never know 🤩🤩🤩

disneygeek90

Couple of things going on

- Daughter and I have those pesky 1 day hoppers they gave us in December (wife and other daughter doesn’t) so sometimes it allows us to book FP+ but not them (even within the 30 day window). It was an issue in December leading into January but with blackout dates on our Silver, wasn’t a big problem so ignored it.

- This week when trying to book FP+ for April it keeps saying wife and other daughter are not eligible for whatever reason (again assuming it’s looking at our Hoppers and not everyone AP’s).

- Today daughter got in faster than me (I presume). Forgot to select me & she got BG 6

- I tried at same time and selected her and then got the error INVALID PARK ADMISSION (for both of us) which I’ve never seen before. I didn’t panic as like 1/2 second later she told me she got 6. So we were in line for GET anyways and they added me to her group. GET member though that was a weird error and never seen that before. But it seems like the app has a lot of quirks (to say the least) so ya never know 🤩🤩🤩
When in April are you trying to book? Blackouts April 4-17.

So you never got a group yourself? Or were you just that close to guest experience team you stopped trying and just went to them for help.

KevinPage

When in April are you trying to book? Blackouts April 4-17.

So you never got a group yourself? Or were you just that close to guest experience team you stopped trying and just went to them for help.

1. Yeah I know blackout dates, April 1-3 won’t work. This isn’t my first rodeo 😜

2. Daughter got 6, then they called us over so timing was perfect to add me to hers.

Last edited:

KevinPage

2pm - current groups called 58-84. Pacing is averaging just over 13.5 groups per hour.

RoTR West, on the other hand, has yet to open today.

B0BD07C5-FF72-4C47-9AAD-8CB591BCD31D.gif

JD2000

I continue to be uncertain about this: if you request a boarding group at park opening, are you definitely going to be able to ride?

o_O

DCBaker

Premium Member
I continue to be uncertain about this: if you request a boarding group at park opening, are you definitely going to be able to ride?

o_O

I'm not sure why you are uncertain. If you are there are park opening, you will most likely ride, unless there are issues with the ride itself.

Backup boarding groups were available until 9:15am.

KevinPage

o_O

Assuming the following:

- you have your MDE set up correctly and know the procedure and what to click when and the order/flow

- you don’t experience any system issues/glitches

- you don’t take your sweet time once 8am sharp hits

Then YES, barring a full on ride calamity on Disney’s part you should get a boarding group and get to ride

DCBaker

Premium Member
I am only going to WDW for a short time. And it would be quite disheartening to use my FastPass+ selections at DHS, be locked in, and not get to ride ROTR. That is what concerns me. Planning WDW is far more complicated than DL.

Sure, I get that! But, because the ride is not the most stable thing here, there is no guarantee - there is even a disclaimer in the app that a boarding group does not guarantee entry.

However, including today, they have exceeded 100 groups a day for the past 9 days. Let's just hope the trend continues!

TomOutEast

I am only going to WDW for a short time. And it would be quite disheartening to use my FastPass+ selections at DHS, be locked in, and not get to ride ROTR. That is what concerns me. Planning WDW is far more complicated than DL.
You generally have a two hour window to return to ride RotR so you can use your FastPasses as scheduled and not have to worry. The exception seems to be the first set of groups called. They only have a one hour return window. Even with that, if you miss your window because you had just gotten in line for a FastPass ride when they called your group, cast members have some leeway to let you in anyway. Just be kind when speaking with them and explain what happened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom