News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

Here you go -
EDDBE76E-2344-47C7-8BBD-72A70ECF8D82.gif

But a simpler approach is the DMWAKPT

796F1E75-FDC8-4C1B-9AAB-83B37DD11599.gif

and to that I say

B0607D0A-D85C-4E4A-B839-C74C9D0FA03E.gif

Weather_Lady

Sorry for the double post but just had a successful test this morning. Where do you guys like to be in the park to do the lottery? I've heard a good place is in the curve of Sunset Blv near the Legends of Hollywood store.

If guests on Sunset Blvd. are allowed to proceed to the RnR outdoor queue area, we had great 5-bar service there. (Using data; wi-fi and Bluetooth turned off).

Ray B

I am going to DHS on Saturday with an 8AM opening. My plan is to, hopefully, get a good boarding group and when the park opens, head straight to MFSR. What time should I get to the park and what is the best place to stand/line up at park open to get the best route to MFSR?

Texas84

The half marathon this morning knocking out something like 20,000 runners (and probably many of their families that either spectated or didn’t want to go without one of the group) from getting there before 8am probably had a lot to do with the lower crowd today (and most of the 10k runners yesterday not finishing in time either) than earlier in the week and last weekend.
How did you get from the 10K finish to DHS?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Groups have just started being called again with group 66 called at 2:53pm - this group (66) was the first backup group for the day.

There was roughly a ~78ish minute pause with group 65 (called just before 1:35pm). This puts it at about 40 groups behind yesterday at the same time.

Last edited:

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Sorry for the double post but just had a successful test this morning. Where do you guys like to be in the park to do the lottery? I've heard a good place is in the curve of Sunset Blv near the Legends of Hollywood store.
Not sure it matters much, but I’ve gotten my best results standing in the open area in front of the stages in front of the Chinese theater, there’s usually not a high concentration of people there and not much to interfere with a signal in a decent radius. For me this has just been a difference of a group or two and seeing join group immediately vs seeing it after having to click check status (and my data set is only 4 in front of the theater and 4-5 in throngs of people elsewhere), so I wouldn’t pass up a prime spot for Slinky Dog or anything if you are there super early, but if I’m just getting to the park 30 minutes pre-opening, that’s where I post up personally.

Edit - this area is likely to get significantly more crowded after MMRR opens March 4, so may scout a new spot when I’m back in April, but at least until then, I like this spot.

Last edited:

Demarke

Premium Member
How did you get from the 10K finish to DHS?
I ran as fast as I could from the corral E start (zigzagging through people and running in the medians to finish right at one hour; 6:15-7:15) and continued jogging to my car and drove there, entering through the far right parking booths (where they wave all the ride-shares through quickly), and made it in the park 7:45 that morning.

Demarke

Premium Member
According to Cosmopolitan Magazine, the answer is 13 minutes 😂😂
That stings a little after what Disney did to me last weekend:
Whelp, Disney has done it to me again!

As some of you may remember from Wine & Dine, Disney photographers caught this picture of me, forever brandishing me as the Assholder amongst my racing peers.
View attachment 450638
As Jackie Chiles would say about this portrayal:
View attachment 450639
With many difficult months of soul searching and self-reflection, I was mostly able to put this behind me and come in upbeat and excited for this race, that is, until picking up my bib for the challenge races today.
View attachment 450640
Yes, you are seeing that correctly, at the race with probably close to a 10/1 girl-to-guy ratio, runDisney has given this given this single man ED. Now, ED is obviously not a development any man would welcome, much less have it thrust upon them by the supposedly “most family friendly mega-corporation in the world” instead of finding out through a private conversation with their physician. Even worse, I’ve been informed that I cannot participate in the races this weekend unless I wear this pronouncement emblazoned across my chest in full view of the thousands of race participants, spectators, and park visitors like some modern-day scarlett letter!
View attachment 450641

On the plus side, this gave me more time to focus on boarding groups!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom