News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Kicked out or not willing to pay a ludacris price....
3k0fxo.jpg

Last edited:

butterxcup

Well, for all the talk of ROTR downtime, I just was stuck in Hagrids an hour and a half before they finally kicked us out. No bananas or Rey in line lol
That sucks! I was just there at 4 and rode it twice. Was thinking of doing a third before park closed but decided to leave it at that so I could get home early for a RotR ride tomorrow. Hagrids seemed to be doing so well too this evening I was impressed but I guess I thought that a bit too soon. Must have broken down shortly after I got off the second time.

flyakite

I would like to thank everyone who has been posting their experiences for the past few weeks. With the wonderful advice, I hope to experience the attraction with my spouse on Saturday. Regardless of the changes I will not be ”lazy” and will show up early (5:15??). Eat my bananas and meet my neighbors. Thank you for the no WiFi and turn off your MDE advice. I hope I can get an early BG standing in front of the Chinese Theater with the masses as we tap our phones. Then trot over to MF and maybe request a pilot card. Finally with much anticipation, be captured by the enemy. It will be lovely to enjoy a cool Florida morning after an exhilarating event. I will continue to monitor Friday morning. I will post my times to help future Batuu travelers.

one question... right at 7:00am, when I open the app and if I jumped the gun, do I wait to see if the BG open, or keep opening and closing the app. Sorry I am going to be a little crazy at that moment.

disneygeek90

one question... right at 7:00am, when I open the app and if I jumped the gun, do I wait to see if the BG open, or keep opening and closing the app. Sorry I am going to be a little crazy at that moment.
Not quite sure, but I saw people around me with the group button activated before I saw it on my phone. Closed out the app and went back in and it was there.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
A lot fewer posts on this forum now that AP's blackout has kicked and AP's holders not going to the parks...........Seems AP's are a be a big audience of this website/forum
This out of state AP is just happy to live through you guys (and the locals) until I get down on Jan 8 for marathon weekend!

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Soft openings afford you both a delay and an opportunity to test and refine.
I have agreed with flynnibus on most things but agree with you in that just opening same date and same way they did but calling it a “soft opening” and acknowledging that hours would be flexible and likely changing day to day for the first couple of weeks would have probably helped things. At the end of the day, it’s just semantics and most people knew that arriving early was necessary, but I do agree with the others that the official statements from Disney saying (without hedging language) that it wouldn’t open til stated time was not a good look. Overall, still impressed (from afar) with the way they managed a tough set of circumstances at opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom