News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Hawg G

The only extended 1 pm time slot that I know of was a slow day apparently in the park but at that time everything was back to "normal"
There was a week or two of minutes long 1 pm slots. I thought it was related to seating policy change, but still before what I think is the current policy, where the entire car is filled with multiple groups.

_mickey_

I asked this elsewhere, but I'll ask here since it is pertinent.

I am due to fly into MCO early on a Thursday morning, and anticipate getting to Hollywood Studios by noon (hopefully). In terms of getting a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance - should I try to get one at 7:00am and hope I get into a group that boards in the afternoon, or should I wait until the 1:00 boarding group sign up?

Thanks!

pdude81

I am due to fly into MCO early on a Thursday morning, and anticipate getting to Hollywood Studios by noon (hopefully). In terms of getting a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance - should I try to get one at 7:00am and hope I get into a group that boards in the afternoon, or should I wait until the 1:00 boarding group sign up?

Thanks!
I'd wait until 1 if I were you. If you get a 7am boarding group you could easily be outside your window by noon. Just remember to tap in to the park sometime before 1 for eligibility.

G00fyDad

I'd wait until 1 if I were you. If you get a 7am boarding group you could easily be outside your window by noon. Just remember to tap in to the park sometime before 1 for eligibility.
That's what I heard as well. Is it true that if you get a 7:00 a.m. boarding group and even though you may not be there to ride it you're ineligible to try for a 1:00 p.m. morning group? Does it lock you out like that or does the system realize you haven't tapped in for the first missed boarding group and allow you to try for a second boarding group?

pdude81

That's what I heard as well. Is it true that if you get a 7:00 a.m. boarding group and even though you may not be there to ride it you're ineligible to try for a 1:00 p.m. morning group? Does it lock you out like that or does the system realize you haven't tapped in for the first missed boarding group and allow you to try for a second boarding group?
You only get to join one virtual queue for Rise per day I think. I haven't tried it but my understanding is that you aren't eligible for the second round.

KevinPage

Thanks!
Here’s my 2 cents. TRY for 7am. If you get one, great. Even if you get there late, do we really think Disney is going to turn someone away who has a confirmed group but couldn’t get there in time due to travel? Chances of that happening are 0-0.0001%

They “say” 1 hour window so it’s not chaos and people follow the guidelines. But if you have an Oga’s reservation or something else, they understand and let you in.

Worst case scenario I see is they say “you are TOO late” and they auto give you a 1pm group and then you are set to go.

I could be gloriously WRONG, but I just don’t see that happening at all.

Trying for 7am gives you 2 bites at the 🍎 .

More bites = More Better
More Rise = More Better

Good Luck & Enjoy 🤩

G00fyDad

Here’s my 2 cents. TRY for 7am. If you get one, great. Even if you get there late, do we really think Disney is going to turn someone away who has a confirmed group but couldn’t get there in time due to travel? Chances of that happening are 0-0.0001%
Are you willing to chance that? I'm not.

UNCgolf

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom