News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

tribbleorlfl

Okay, we need to get a definitive conclusion... What’s the best method in attempting to acquire a boarding pass right at park opening?

1) Have app fully closed, then launch it as the clock ticks :00

2) Stay in the app and keep toggling between the “My Status” page.

3) Keep fully closing and opening the app over and over again.

Or something else? Which seems to have worked the best for everyone?
FWIW, my wife, son and I each took a different method last Saturday 1/4 to ensure one us got BPs for our family. My son won out with #2 and secured BPs (30) before the red "Get Boarding Pass" button even showed up for my wife and I using 1 and 3.

flutas

So, with the update to the Disneyland app (MDE and DLR App share the same core for some functionality) today looks like Disney is making the "once per day" a more official rule.

Daily Limit Reached
These Guests cannot join the virtual queue again today. To continue, remove them from your party.

Also they seem to be planning ahead for...something that smells like an upcharge.

Special Event Ticket Required
A special ticket is required to join this queue. To continue, remove these Guests.

tribbleorlfl

So, with the update to the Disneyland app (MDE and DLR App share the same core for some functionality) today looks like Disney is making the "once per day" a more official rule.

Also they seem to be planning ahead for...something that smells like an upcharge.
I'm actually surprised they haven't rolled out an early morning exclusive access upsell yet. Thinking back to SW Weekends, they used to have a character breakfast that did real well.

flutas

I'm actually surprised they haven't rolled out an early morning exclusive access upsell yet. Thinking back to SW Weekends, they used to have a character breakfast that did real well.

This update also had a big focus on being able to book Enchanting Extras through the app from what I can tell, so this very well could be the plan once the ride gets more stable.

Parker in NYC

This update also had a big focus on being able to book Enchanting Extras through the app from what I can tell, so this very well could be the plan once the ride gets more stable.

Even if they don't wait for it to be stable, watch them sell early boarding groups to the highest bidder.

"Due to unprecedented demand, Star Wars: Galaxy Edge now offers premium onboarding to Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance! Even if we break down, you'll still be within the first groups to ride before the poor people get a chance. Even if we shut down for the day, you'll be compensated with free one-day park hoppers. $122 per adult, $121 per child."

eek, looks like they also blocked out their twice a year comp tickets...hopefully they will remove some blocks for them as we get into February....
Interesting. My brother used on of his comps to ride with us on January 1. Not sure if it was one of his volunteer ones or not, though. Still, he got in.

pocketwatches

Even if they don't wait for it to be stable, watch them sell early boarding groups to the highest bidder.

"Due to unprecedented demand, Star Wars: Galaxy Edge now offers premium onboarding to Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance! Even if we break down, you'll still be within the first groups to ride before the poor people get a chance. Even if we shut down for the day, you'll be compensated with free one-day park hoppers. $122 per adult, $121 per child."

Sorry to say I wish they would sell boarding passes. I would buy some dinner+fastpass for one. At this point Im not sure I will be able to ride. I havn't been up before noon in 10 years as i work grave yard. Thinking about trying to stay up all night then go back to the hotel few few hours sleep then head back.... Sounds like a day killer haha

disneygeek90

Group 90 called at 2:47, glad I didn’t leave at 11am like I almost did when the ride looked like it would be down half the day! All you complicate mechanical parts, please don’t fail me now cause I can’t wait around at this point if it evacs!

Edit - made it all the way through with everything appearing to be working and on the road home! Once again I got the same route as my other two rides despite having been at different gates and different positioned cars. Apparently I am not VIP enough to be slotted for the other
front facing the AT-AT
route. 😄
Reasons I like the car you have ridden better, and I’ve experienced 5/7 times:
Ive been thinking a lot about this and while the view you haven’t seen gets the front AT-AT and the probe droid, I think the other view is superior. I like being “first” out to the AT-AT’s and seeing that door close right in front of you as you think you’ll get to escape. I also enjoy being the first out with the turrets shooting, you really feel like you’re dodging as the three move in and out. Lastly, I think you get a better wind effect when Kylo is blown out, and once again you’re first leading out to the escape pod.

disneygeek90

Where are these notices coming from?

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Yeah they somehow made up a ton of time after the rough start.
Of course the sharp increase in efficiency would be right after they got to my group (90) 😉

Good recovery though!

CA5556FA-6D78-4011-ABC0-F7463EAB8336.png

Last edited:

relic827

Still only 1 ride a day though. Unlimited rides are part of the Deluxe Premium package, which also includes a free black spire hot chocolate and $5 off a lightsaber at Savi’s (with rebate)

disneyREINA

Wow what a very intricate process lol. Then challenge almost makes it fun!
although getting out of the door and to the park That early with a 13 yr old, 3 yr old and 4 month old will be interesting. I hope it’s worth it! I heard that its Amazing so I’m willing to try.

flutas

Where are these notices coming from?

They are coming from the source code of the Disneyland app. You can see the differences with the boarding queue info in the image below (5.7.1 on the left, 5.8 on the right). Red on the left means it was removed or changed in v5.8, red on the right means it was added to v5.8.

571_58.png

Anything starting with vq_wdw means that text is specific to WDW vs generic for both parks.

SplashJacket

Rise ride #2 this morning, will update what boarding group we are doing.

Hyped up my grandma to ride it this time she’s very excited!

On another note, neither myself nor my mom felt the “swift drop”.

We’re running a few minutes behind opening but we plan on heading to Epcot so it isn’t a big deal. Will give my grandma’s thoughts. It will be interesting to hear a 74 year old’s perspective.

I’d say it’s a minor step-up from when’s she took her kids to Disneyland when she was 20 😉

Edit: Boarding Group 102! One before Sunday.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom