News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

Thank you both for the info. Am I correct in my understanding they've still been opening the turnstiles at 6:30 and holding people on Hollywood Blvd? Just trying to figure out how long it takes to get through security and into the park right now.
Yeah they are opening between 6:20-6:30 usually. I was near the back by security a couple weeks back and was through in 15 mins.

Disorbust

So my kids did this on12/14 they got there at 5am because they wanted to be dam sure they could ride. They also had problems with the app and guest relations ( blue shirt) got their boarding passes for them. Now the way they are doing it could really screw whoever has problems with the app. Sorry but if I'm buying a one day pass JUST to ride this I rather have some kind of failsafe, like being there at 5am.

relic827

So my kids did this on12/14 they got there at 5am because they wanted to be dam sure they could ride. They also had problems with the app and guest relations ( blue shirt) got their boarding passes for them. Now the way they are doing it could really screw whoever has problems with the app. Sorry but if I'm buying a one day pass JUST to ride this I rather have some kind of failsafe, like being there at 5am.
I think it all comes down to preference. I actually did buy a one day pass next week (mostly) for this ride and I actually prefer knowing I have an equal shot as everyone else at opening time rather than worrying about being there 2 hours early. But that’s just me. There’s not really a right or wrong answer. I think not understanding this is what’s leading to all these arguments. I’m sure it’ll change again soon.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

Back to the BG's... rough day. At 73 4:14, and I think it's been there for a while.
0F1F2E27-1204-4264-9479-65E5B3F2D9D8.jpeg

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

A simulator platform that is on an elevator? That seems to be the only thing new in the ride. It uses EVERYTHING done before, but very little NOT done before.

What they SHOULD have done different was a trackless ride vehicle with 3 rows of four. You know, like Spiderman has had for 20 years.
You’re over-simplifying it. It’s a trackless ride system that has four loading stations, traverses multiple floors, has two different paths, includes multiple realistic “false exits” literally dodges moving setpieces crossing the ride path, and ends with a simulator that is also an elevator that is also a drop track element.

That alone makes it the most ambitious trackless ride to date, but then you have the huge scope of the elements prior to boarding the transport vehicle, including a smaller ride before the main ride. This level has absolutely not been done before.

Also, the vehicles are dispatched in pairs, so technically that is four more riders than Spider-Man per dispatch and I believe they have a similar dispatch interval.

Last edited:

promod1955

The boarding group swings reminds me of when Rapunzel runs away and goes back and forth between best day ever / I'm a horrible person.

Maybe this gets a Rapunzel overlay instead and we make the boarding group swings part of the theme. We could use a good Tangled ride.

orky8

have there been any reports of someone not being able to get a group despite being in the park at opening time? I know there’ve been a couple days where a few backups weren’t called, but I mean someone is in the park when the ball drops and is unable to get any kind of group at all. Just curious...
Yes. Me. Today. With my 3, 6, and 8 year old. Backup only and notified at ~430 will not be called.

relic827

Yes. Me. Today. With my 3, 6, and 8 year old. Backup only and notified at ~430 will not be called.
That is terrible, sorry. But you still got a backup. I was wondering if anyone wasn’t even able to get that despite being there right at opening.

Tom Morrow

have there been any reports of someone not being able to get a group despite being in the park at opening time? I know there’ve been a couple days where a few backups weren’t called, but I mean someone is in the park when the ball drops and is unable to get any kind of group at all. Just curious...
To add another anecdote, a friend of mine attempted to ride today. I knew it would be chaos because holiday crowds are still here and AP blackouts are over so I didn’t bother.

They parked at 5:00 am, were in the park by 6:25. Her app wouldn’t load anything, and the passes were gone three minutes after being released.

disneygeek90

At their current pace, I'm not confident they'll get through the normal groups. They still have 52 groups to go, plus any remaining fastpasses, and it's still not up and running.

relic827

This is the worst system possible. Whose bright idea was this?

with the early system even if you didn’t get a BG you could rationalize it by saying I should’ve woken up early, I’ll come back tommorow and wake up early and get on.

with a resort priority system you book a resort.

with this system you could literally show up early in the morning for 3 days in a row and get nothing.
You could wind up with nothing under the old system too. There was never any guarantee that everyone else wouldn’t show up earlier than you, however early you got there. If we’re talking hypotheticals, both systems present different potential problems and neither ever gave anyone a 100% guarantee of anything. Even if you have “more control” over your situation, that’s still not a guarantee.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom