News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

on pace for 14 groups per hour so if they stop calling groups at 9pm (park open until 10pm tonight), then theoretically they should get to 190ish today.........does anyone know highest BG given out today?
No idea, but they just hit 126 which was about the average for a great day last week, and it's 4pm.

Assuming the groups are about the same size, they've made a ton of progress heading into Christmas.

disneygeek90

Do we have any idea if/how many more vehicles are being used now vs on opening day?

Below is from the other day, they may be actually using less vehicles but it's keeping the software issues down which obviously is improving the overall guest throughput.

Everyone involved has been pleasantly surprised how things have been improving. They've found a sweet spot with the number of RVs in play and that keeps the more software related issues in check. These were the things that were causing the frequent 45 minute or so resets in the first few days of operation. When we left town on Sunday, there were starting to try to push beyond this again by loading more RVs. The ride still is having the occasional mechanical issue that can cause it to be down for indeterminant periods of time; but, those have been surprisingly less than expected.

For something that was going to be a headache no matter how it was done - it has been working far, far better than anyone's doomsday prophecy.

And Anaheim's is still running better than this, so it looks even more promising out there.

Texas84

Noticed they weren't using all the holding cells Monday or Tuesday. My group went to the wrong door and got yelled at. Guess they will all be used when they can get more vehicles running.

"Is the best the resistance has?"

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Noticed they weren't using all the holding cells Monday or Tuesday. My group went to the wrong door and got yelled at. Guess they will all be used when they can get more vehicles running.

"Is the best the resistance has?"

Out of curiosity, you were at one of the "real" doors, right? I believe each hallway only has two actual loading areas. All the other doors are fake to make it seem like there are many more holding cells...

Texas84

Out of curiosity, you were at one of the "real" doors, right? I believe each hallway only has two actual loading areas. All the other doors are fake to make it seem like there are many more holding cells...
The unused doors had the color codes on the floor. But then I only rode it twice. Maybe they were used and I just didn't see it.

peter11435

The last two times I rode it the corridor queue was literally 5 feet away from "the room".
I guess it just depends on timing of how many people show up from their boarding group at the same time. If too many people show up at the same time then the corridor queue will be in danger of overflowing into "the room"
They can control the flow of guests into “the room” regardless of how many people are showing up for their boarding group times.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm noticing a trend...

1576889555904.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom