News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

ParentsOf4

Left BWV at 6:07
Through security and in-line at 6:22
DHS opening announcement at 6:42
In DHS at 7:00

Boarding Group 39

Like yesterday, I did not open MDE until we entered the park. Was able to join a Boarding Group immediately.

Unlike yesterday (when we were in the middle), we stayed to the right. It seemed to move a bit faster. Consequently, the line was 9 minutes shorter.

Now it's off to POFQ for breakfast beignets!

Edit:

Back to DHS after breakfast, just completed RnRC.

Boarding Group 39 called at 9:25.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

By passed about 50 people to get to secret spot.

there’s a construction wall which makes the secret spot hidden
That’s where I’ve gone all three days! It’s a great spot and you can really make up some ground. Like you said, 3rd or 4th from the right is the best because the last two lines only have one tap pole.

BG’s still available 7:53.

Last edited:

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
That’s where I’ve gone all three days! It’s a great spot and you can really make up some ground. Like you said, 3rd or 4th from the right is the best because the last two lines only have one tap pole.

BG’s still available 7:53.
Appears to be back up groups only now
EDE3BA7C-87DA-4639-9F4A-60CF841C9E7E.png

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Left BWV at 6:07
Through security and in-line at 6:22
DHS opening announcement at 6:42
In DHS at 7:00

Boarding Group 39

Like yesterday, I did not open MDE until we entered the park. Was able to join a Boarding Group immediately.

Unlike yesterday (when we were in the middle), we stayed to the right. It seemed to move a bit faster. Consequently, the line was 9 minutes shorter.

Now it's off to POFQ for breakfast beignets!

Edit:

Back to DHS after breakfast, just completed RnRC.

Boarding Group 39 called at 9:25.
We left BWV at 530 am and arrived at HS around 545. Got in at 7 and got group 43 right away. We just came back to the room for breakfast before we head back to ride.

Goes to show you don't need to leave as early as my wife and I did, lm Glad you got an early time.

matt9112

What negativity? Everything I've heard is awesome. That's why the crowds keep coming

If waking up at 4am to ride the ride is a plus than sure. The greatest ride is worthless to those who cant ride it? I have never poo pooed on that ride itself but the poor and short sighted implementation managment has choosen. To be fair the ride will be a success it already is i amcnot judging the ride. I am judging the ludacris system they resort to vs simply calling it soft openings? I don't see how anyone can disagree. Its literally just a perception revision. FOP with all of its issues never had something like this. I rode FOP during previews and than waited 4 hours when it broke down but so didn't anyone else that wanted to sit in line. This is FP on steroids. Reward the few in the know and screw the rest, after all there not disney fan enough if there not waking up at 4am they dont REALLY want it. Hell they dont deaerve to ride this ride.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Off to a good start today! Started later than a few other days in the past week and yet (at least to this point) are at a higher BG for this time of day than any other day in the past week! If they can avoid the long afternoon breakdown they had yesterday, it could be a very solid day for throughput!

Interestingly, they capped the "main" BGs at 107 today (yesterday it was 121). Seems they are adjusting on the fly...
Capture.JPG

disneygeek90

If waking up at 4am to ride the ride is a plus than sure. The greatest ride is worthless to those who cant ride it? I have never poo pooed on that ride itself but the poor and short sighted implementation managment has choosen. To be fair the ride will be a success it already is i amcnot judging the ride. I am judging the ludacris system they resort to vs simply calling it soft openings? I don't see how anyone can disagree. Its literally just a perception revision. FOP with all of its issues never had something like this. I rode FOP during previews and than waited 4 hours when it broke down but so didn't anyone else that wanted to sit in line. This is FP on steroids. Reward the few in the know and screw the rest, after all there not disney fan enough if there not waking up at 4am they dont REALLY want it. Hell they dont deaerve to ride this ride.
I don't really know how else they should be managing these crowds. As we've said time and time again in this thread, those that showed up at 8 or 9am wouldn't be the ones also willing to wait in a 5 or 6 hour standby line. The ones that are showing up at 4am are more likely to go those lengths. The CM's are doing everything they can to tell those not in the know what's happening before they enter.

Either way you slice it, the early bird is the one that's going to do whatever they need to do to experience the attraction. More so than the ones that don't "really" want it. As someone who has been in these lines several times now, VQ is far less stressful and an overall less hellish experience than FoP ropedrop.

eliza61nyc

I really don't think thats the attitude at all. It's not about reward, it's simply about how to handle the massive hoards easily. whether you call it a soft opening or some thing else the end result is the same. If there were no reservation system those who did not wake up early enough would STILL be sol. because by the time they got to the park they standby line would be 10 hours with no possibility of riding.

it is because the ride is a success that they had to resort to some sort of system.

disneygeek90

6 am open then rides may start at 5:25 am.

if you are getting there at 6:30 am that’s the equivalent of getting there at 7:30 for a 7 am open. I think you should be alright getting a 80-100 boarding group but honestly it’s better to be early because then you have walk ons to slinky and toy story mania and you could even do those two and go to AK and rope drop Pandora if you set yourself a later Boarding group.
On Sunday I rode ROTR, then walked on Space Mountain and Pirates. All before 9am.

eliza61nyc

question?

Does your entire party need to be present to get into a boarding group? could one person draw the short straw, get up a 4 and get to the parks and t hen make a reservation for their entire party?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom