News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Notes from Neverland

The guy at my hotel who just checked us in said we will lose the boarding group if we leave the park after securing it in the morning. So no going back to the hotel if your boarding group isn’t until the PM? Can someone debunk this and just confirm one of the check in guys at the Dolphin is wrong? I thought this was specifically not the case? Unless they changed something...
One day during our visit we secured a boarding group (59), we left and went to Animal Kingdom and then came back later in the day when our group was called.

ParentsOf4

The guy at my hotel who just checked us in said we will lose the boarding group if we leave the park after securing it in the morning. So no going back to the hotel if your boarding group isn’t until the PM? Can someone debunk this and just confirm one of the check in guys at the Dolphin is wrong? I thought this was specifically not the case? Unless they changed something...
You will NOT lose your Boarding Group if you leave Disney Hollywood Studios. We have done this twice.

Piebald

Unless things have changed, no. I got BG 57 at 630am, rode some rides then had breakfast and Epcot and rode later on that day.

That was actually one of my biggest gripes initially was that jerks were going in first thing then immediately heading out, going against the grain as the masses were piling in through the turnstiles and creating delays.

Lee L

You will NOT lose your Boarding Group if you leave Disney Hollywood Studios. We have done this twice.

same here. No issues with leaving we did it and have been around hundreds that have. Now, if you are not back when your window closes too bad so sad
Been stuck at BG 88 for a while now.

I’ve got a bad feeling about this. We are BG125. Trying now to figure out what happens if we don’t get called. (128 is “guaranteed” today). Wouldn’t mind a fast pass or something.

I’m currently in my hotel room waiting for my boarding group to get called and the app still shows it (although I’m starting to get worried with this stall at 88).

I’ve also walked out every day since Dec 30 and not had issues

disneygeek90

Couple weeks ago I got a BG at 7:15am, went to work all day, and was back at 5:30 after a 3:50 group call. You can definitely leave.

The CM's at HS almost recommend it.

yellowb

Yeah, yesterday, I opened the app a couple seconds after it rolled over to 7:00, it came right up and I was able to join and get group 23. This morning, did the same and I kept getting a line that said trying to load the information. Same with my wife. Eventually at 7:03 I got in and got group 123. Lots of others around me were similar. The park definitely seemed more crowded, they had all 4 no bag lines opened individually today (yesterday was one line feeding 2 detectors) and by around 6:50 the waiting crowd was backed up to the turnstiles and they had to move the ropes I guess.

I did notice they changed the backup groups to start at 125 today, where it was still 113 yesterday.
The same exact thing happened to us with the app. First day it connected just fine and got BG 46. The second day we went it wouldn't activate the button to join the BG until 2 minutes after the park opened, and we got BG 99.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom