What is the better Star Wars Trilogy

• The Prequels

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • The Sequels

Votes: 24 46.2%

• Total voters

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Since both The Prequels and Sequels are controversial which is the best between the two in your opinion?
For me I would have to go with the Prequels. Even though they have some pretty dumb dialogue and some questionable story-lines at least it had a cohesive vision and lead to something that payed off, The Sequels for me just seemed like a jumbled mess.

Meg4theMouse

In the Parks
No
For me I would have to go with the Prequels. Even though they have some pretty dumb dialogue and some questionable story-lines at least it had a cohesive vision and lead to something that payed off, The Sequels for me just seemed like a jumbled mess.
I couldn't agree more. I can watch the Prequels and make sense out of them, but all of these sequels I have a hard time making much sense out of them. I have actually stopped watching them.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I couldn't agree more. I can watch the Prequels and make sense out of them, but all of these sequels I have a hard time making much sense out of them. I have actually stopped watching them.
I agree the Prequels have great light saber fights, and other great moments. The Sequels just feel like a jumbled mess because it was 2 different visions by 2 different directors. Disney really should have had JJ Abrams do all of the Sequels.

Gomer

Probably vastly overthought my answer here. But ranking each of the saga films in order of preference and assigning a numerical value based in inverse to their standing (ESB my number 1 gets 9 points. AotC my least favorite gets 1) I chose Sequel trilogy which comes in with 14 points vs Prequels at only 9. :)

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Probably vastly overthought my answer here. But ranking each of the saga films in order of preference and assigning a numerical value based in inverse to their standing (ESB my number 1 gets 9 points. AotC my least favorite gets 1) I chose Sequel trilogy which comes in with 14 points vs Prequels at only 9. :)
It's all good :) I really enjoy The Force Awakens but after that I'm not a fan of the following 2.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Mine is heavily weighted by my extreme love of The Last Jedi (I know, I know...that's controversial). I was lukewarm on TFA and didn't like TRoS all that much. But none of the prequels crack the top half of the list for me.
You like the last Jedi ! 🤯🤢 JK😂 I can see why some people like it. Visually it's a stunning movie. I'm just not a fan of how certain things went during the movie. I do like how Kylo was in the movie. IMO He should have stayed at the main villain of the trilogy. Not bring back the Emperor.

LSLS

Honestly this is a good question. I think I need to rewatch both to really tell. One reason is I only remember Episode 1 from the Prequels well (in fact, I'm not sure I even saw the other 2 outside of being on like TNT). I THINK right now TFA if my favorite among the 6 and Episode 1 is my least favorite. But I THINK 8 is right close to there, and then 9 is next, but I'm going to rewatch all to REALLY make a determination.

Gainesvillain

I imagine that the age (of the viewer) is very indicative of preference. People in my age group, who grew up with the original trilogy, usually loath the prequel trilogy (whiney, teenage angst Darth Vader is just too much), but the kids who grew up during the prequels have a lot more love for it. So, younger folks probably would vote prequels and old folks like me probably would vote sequels. And I too liked TLJ 😬

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I imagine that the age (of the viewer) is very indicative of preference. People in my age group, who grew up with the original trilogy, usually loath the prequel trilogy (whiney, teenage angst Darth Vader is just too much), but the kids who grew up during the prequels have a lot more love for it. So, younger folks probably would vote prequels and old folks like me probably would vote sequels. And I too liked TLJ 😬
I admit I do have a bias for the prequels but I do get the hate for them. I still love the original trilogy and they are the far superior of all of the trilogies. I would say Clone Wars is a very close second for me for Star Wars based media.

Gainesvillain

I admit I do have a bias for the prequels but I do get the hate for them. I still love the original trilogy and they are the far superior of all of the trilogies. I would say Clone Wars is a very close second for me for Star Wars based media.
Clone Wars and Rebels are both high on my fav list, way better than TPM and AOTC (just ugh).

ZoneOfTheEnder

Agreed. The Prequels were worth standing in line for hours on opening days to see.The Sequels well . . . I am retconning them as never happened.
I saw Star Wars on opening day 4 times (in that first week I saw A ew Hope 13 times) and stood on line for hours to see the original trilogy movies. Plus the number of times I saw the Original Trilogy in theatres was over 50 times. The Sequels maybe 6 times and the Sequel’s uh I only saw the first one 3 times, the second I walked out of the theatre and didn’t bother to see the third.
Iger’s Disney Star Wars is dead to me.

5thGenTexan

I will be 46 later this year and saw the OT first run as a kid. I played with all the toys and killed any collector value they might have had. The Prequels had issues, but I can at least tolerate them. I can't stand the new movies, have yet to see the last one. Its on Disney+ next week, so I guess I will watch it then.

ZoneOfTheEnder

I will be 46 later this year and saw the OT first run as a kid. I played with all the toys and killed any collector value they might have had. The Prequels had issues, but I can at least tolerate them. I can't stand the new movies, have yet to see the last one. Its on Disney+ next week, so I guess I will watch it then.
Beware the farce side of the force you might not be able to unlearn what you have learned . . . Nooooooooooooooooo

LSLS

So made it through Episode 1. Far and away the worst. I really disliked TLJ. I found it slow and boring for large swaths of the movie. Phantom Menace is that with a super annoying character. Not that I want to take this off in another Rey argument, but after watching that, I have no idea how people can cry about Rey being "Mary Sue" (think that's the saying) with a straight face.

That all said, I am still not putting prequels last. These next 2 could easily lift it above the sequel. But Good Lord was that a chore to get through.

sedati

Couldn’t put an answer in. To me it’s split. For character it’s absolutely sequel trilogy. For plot and world building it’s the prequels.
I’ll happily watch any of them anytime.

G00fyDad

The Sequels. Hands down. I CANNOT watch the prequels anymore. They would be great films if it were not for two things. Yes, just two.

b39b9770-c0cd-0131-a022-1eba5a1de0f5.jpg
and
OIP.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom