Star Wars not so popular or changes already being made?

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Thundercats reboot self-destructed on its own. Had a good premiere, but it nosedived fast and it turned into the "Let's crap on Lion-O and make Tigra the most important character" show.
@Tahu great avatar! Infinite realities, infinite Ricks.

Goofyernmost

I guess we will just have to meet back up in a decade or so and compare notes. I believe there is an exception to every rule, and that exception is Star Wars if anything else. Everything that has happened for the last 40 years is evidence of that.
Mind if I skip that meeting. I'll be 78 and probably not really able to talk about it without my teeth falling out. Let me know what you figure out and I will just nod my head and drool.

Chef Mickey

You clearly understand NOTHING about business,

Those toy sales - That's pure cash as OTHER companies put up the money to produce and market them Disney gets their cut whether the toys sell or not and THAT is what Wall St LIKES.

Wall Street DOES NOT LIKE businesses that require capital expenditure like theme parks or manufacturing. Why is Facebook worth 132/Share when Cisco which actually BUILDS the equipment which the Internet runs on is only worth $30/Share. Without Cisco and companies like it THERE IS NO INTERNET and by extension no Facebook.

The reason of course is Cisco requires massive capital expenditure with no guarantee of a return, Facebook just collects cash and routes it to Wall St it's not an expensive company to run as it has virtually no capital requirements.

So if Wall St says hey that 3.5 billion you guys want to spend on SWL in Orlando, We decided we don't like the idea well Disney is gonna snap a salute and say Yes Sir, What do you want us to do with that cash Sir?.
Not like you can compare the $30 to $132 a share like it means something...Share price means absolutely nothing. BRK.A trades at $215,000 per share while aapl trades at $118. AAPL is still twice as valuable.

CSCO is a mature, 30 year old, dividend paying hardware company with some services that trades about 15 times earnings. Nothing wrong with that...they are actually about 3X more profitable profitable than FB.

FB is a new, growing company that just had an IPO about 4 years ago.

Although FB trades at a premium (around 70 times earnings), its business model is also quite prone to irrelevancy over time. Companies with low barriers to entry like FB do leave themselves open to the new website of the day. All they do is sell advertising and collect data.

It's much harder to build Disney World, for example than build a website.

If I could take 1 business over the other, I'd still rather own CSCO over FB for the long haul.

21stamps

To be honest, this thread is kind of freaking me out a bit. NOT bc I think Star Wars isn't popular, or that Disney will get rid of the new shows.. But bc JTA is STILL not schedule past 11/12.. I can't imagine it being put on hiatus during the holidays as well though!

SorcererMC

To be honest, this thread is kind of freaking me out a bit. NOT bc I think Star Wars isn't popular, or that Disney will get rid of the new shows.. But bc JTA is STILL not schedule past 11/12.. I can't imagine it being put on hiatus during the holidays as well though!

I'm curious about JTA, too. I have the sinking feeling that it is going away (as OP stated) so that it can be repackaged and 'sold' (like Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique) when SW Galactic Spectacular is reintroduced in January and after Rogue One comes out. Let me emphasize that it is just a hunch, pure speculation, and I could very well be 100% wrong.....because I can't believe they would remove it entirely for any amount of time, let alone during peak holiday season. Maybe they will still have it this Nov-Dec but change it slightly with a special Rogue One promotion, that would make more sense to me.

21stamps

I'm curious about JTA, too. I have the sinking feeling that it is going away (as OP stated) so that it can be repackaged and 'sold' (like Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique) when SW Galactic Spectacular is reintroduced in January and after Rogue One comes out. Let me emphasize that it is just a hunch, pure speculation, and I could very well be 100% wrong.....because I can't believe they would remove it entirely for any amount of time, let alone during peak holiday season. Maybe they will still have it this Nov-Dec but change it slightly with a special Rogue One promotion, that would make more sense to me.
That's what I'm hoping..that it is just being held up for changes. Darth Vader is in Rogue One though, so I don't see him going away.

Re: becoming a package
If it would be comparable pricing to the Pirate Adventure Cruise or Pirate's League then I may actually prefer that. It means we wouldn't have to get to HS an hour before rope drop! The problem I could see with that is selling out quickly. I learned that I am not the type of person who can schedule and plan a WDW vacay 6 months in advance...I'm sure there are others like me as well, and it would be horrible to miss it bc we didn't book at 180.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom