Star Wars Launch Bay replacement?

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
It doesn't solve the problem of a real attraction being used there. They are better off with Horizons 2.0.
It would be interesting if they could have attractions within the play pavilion like the rumored wreck it ralph ride replacing stitch and maybe a big hero six ride. They can make Disneyland's version different.

Phroobar

The Play concept just feels like Innoventions 2.0. I don't want more outdated exhibits in that huge space. It's cheap and will turn into a ghost town within a year. Tomorrowland needs things that have to do with Tomorrow. Horizons omnimover would fit perfectly there. I would even accept Journey to your Imagination as long as it had to do with imagining the future.

cmwade77

The Play concept just feels like Innoventions 2.0. I don't want more outdated exhibits in that huge space. It's cheap and will turn into a ghost town within a year. Tomorrowland needs things that have to do with Tomorrow. Horizons omnimover would fit perfectly there. I would even accept Journey to your Imagination as long as it had to do with imagining the future.
How about a Journey into Imagination with Figment and Friends - Friends being Dram Finder and Phineas and Ferb characters all exploring the idea of imagining what can be done in the future?

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
How about a Journey into Imagination with Figment and Friends - Friends being Dram Finder and Phineas and Ferb characters all exploring the idea of imagining what can be done in the future?
It's possible. Why not turn it into a Science based pavilion that could hold a Figment ride and a Honey I shrunk the Kids movie to replace Honey I shrunk the Audience.

Phroobar

It's possible. Why not turn it into a Science based pavilion that could hold a Figment ride and a Honey I shrunk the Kids movie to replace Honey I shrunk the Audience.
Stop with the Honey I shrunk the kids thing. Your scaring me.
No one on the west coast knows who Figment is anymore. You might as well have Rocket Racoon making jokes during a ride. Oh wait...

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Alien would be cool but the franchise has seen better days. The Disneyland mommy group would have a problem with it like they did in Florida.
Tron is at least home grown and deserves somekind of attraction there. It covers the topic of computers and is furturistic.
Yeah the franchise has not been good since Aliens. Yeah I agree some parents would flip. Tron would be a perfect fit.

D.Silentu

Tron is at least home grown and deserves somekind of attraction there. It covers the topic of computers and is furturistic.
It feels like this would be the best fit, though I think the attraction ought to be original and not another copy of the coaster.

Phroobar

Yeah the franchise has not been good since Aliens. Yeah I agree some parents would flip. Tron would be a perfect fit.
If we have to go with an IP Tron and the Black Hole would work. They could bring in some concepts from the Tomorrowland movie. Too bad it wasn't a very good movie. The problem is Disney doesn't have any good futuristic IPs when you take out acquired IPs. The Rocketeer would be fun in the Hollywood section of DCA. The Island on Top of the World / Atlantis would work for the sub lagoon. The sub lagoon really needs a massive volcano and Seabase Delta with underwater coaster there.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
If we have to go with an IP Tron and the Black Hole would work. They could bring in some concepts from the Tomorrowland movie. Too bad it wasn't a very good movie. The problem is Disney doesn't have any good futuristic IPs when you take out acquired IPs. The Rocketeer would be fun in the Hollywood section of DCA. The Island on Top of the World or Atlantis would work for the sub lagoon. The sub lagoon really needs a massive volcano and Seabase Delta with underwater coaster there.
Those ideas are really cool! The Rocketeer is a possibility especially since it has a Disney Junior show now.

CaptainAmerica

I was really surprised when I visited Disneyland for the first time and Launch Bay was completely empty. Boba Fett was just... walking around, without any kind of crowd or even a character attendant close by.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom