Star Wars Launch Bay coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios later this year

21stamps

Darth Vader also did meets even though he died in ROTJ, so I'm not totally sure what the issue would be.
He was in more than 1 movie though.

I loved K-2SO and hope he gets incorporated somehow, at least in Star Wars Land.
I'm still secretly wishing that (in the movies) they somehow find his remains and rebuild him...pretty impossible, I know.lol
He was definitely one of the best SW characters ever created..especially in that movie.

J. D.

There is no reason why this should matter.
All the current meet-and-greets are supposed to occur within the time of the new trilogy. Any other characters (deceased or otherwise) that appear in Jedi Training or the new stage show are supposed to be force visions. "Through the force, things you will see. The future, the past." Kind of a clever loophole to be able to have characters appear outside of continuity. I would love a Character Spot-ish meet-and-greet area where you entered a jedi temple or a Dagobah-like cave where the force visions would allow you to potentially meet any character from any time period.

Of course, none of this explains the continuity mess of Star Tours (flux capacitor notwithstanding.)

Last edited:

Eckert

All the current meet-and-greets are supposed to occur within the time of the new trilogy. Any other characters (deceased or otherwise) that appear in Jedi Training or the new stage show are supposed to be force visions. "Through the force, things you will see. The future, the past." Kind of a clever loophole to be able to have characters appear outside of continuity. I would love a Character Spot-ish meet-and-greet area where you entered a jedi temple or a Dagobah-like cave where the force visions would allow you to potentially meet any character from any time period.

Of course, none of this explains the continuity mess of Star Tours (flux capacitor notwithstanding.)

With all due respect, I think continuity can wait until we have a fully fleshed out Star Wars Land.

It's gotta be K2. Calling it. Unless BB8 is rolling around the Launch Bay floor, it'd be dumb to set up a room for something that could be achieved by just placing a detailed statue with a themed backdrop in a corner.

J. D.

With all due respect, I think continuity can wait until we have a fully fleshed out Star Wars Land.

It's gotta be K2. Calling it. Unless BB8 is rolling around the Launch Bay floor, it'd be dumb to set up a room for something that could be achieved by just placing a detailed statue with a themed backdrop in a corner.
BB-8 is the front-runner and the masses will line up for him whether he rolls around or not. I personally hope he does roll around, but wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. Unfortunately, K-2SO isn't even in the running for this experience. It would be R2 or 3PO before it would be K2.

Chet Dakota

Darth Vader to return to Star Wars Launch Bay
Glad to see this. Maybe they will use Star Tours and Launch Bay to keep OT characters in the park. I wonder if this is a reaction to the criticism of GE not including any OT characters. Vader is one of the most iconic characters in movie history, and Disney is ignoring him in their most expensive and immersive IP land.

TrainsOfDisney

“We are here to see the Star Wars stuff!!”

Want to see the ride we built 20 years ago? That’s over here... it’s called Star Tours.

Want to see the land we just built but it’s not really done nor is it the complete product we advertised.... that’s back here, it’s called Galaxies Edge. Be sure to try the blue milk!

Want to see the meet and greets with characters you’ll recognize? Oh that’s over here in the gutted animation building...it’s called Launch Bay.

KBLovedDisney

Want to see the ride we built 20 years ago? That’s over here... it’s called Star Tours.

Want to see the land we just built but it’s not really done nor is it the complete product we advertised.... that’s back here, it’s called Galaxies Edge. Be sure to try the blue milk!

Want to see the meet and greets with characters you’ll recognize? Oh that’s over here in the gutted animation building...it’s called Launch Bay.
"We are here to see mostly the ORIGINAL Star Wars stuff!!"

Disney: But we just built this brand new Star Wars-Like park!

Us: No, you built a Disney-fied Star Wars park that should have went straight to video.

I think Disney may be starting to see the error of their ways:cautious:

ToTBellHop

Honestly, convert Muppets into a Star Wars 3D show and have Star Tours and that new show be the Ep 4-6 area and the new land next door be Ep 7-9.

The trash cans can be Ep 1-3.

jt04

Since we are armchair imagineering....

If muppetopia becomes Star Wars IV-VI Land.....

Then launch bay can become the "Hollywood Municipal Aquarium"...

The theater next door can become the "Community Playhouse Stage"...

And the Mermaid theater can become the new "Hollywood Concert Hall" for the Nemo show from DAK....

And every big town has a University such as seen in the latest Monsters Inc film.

A nice fountain in the center of it all to the tie all together.

Last edited:

Tavernacle12

Glad to see this. Maybe they will use Star Tours and Launch Bay to keep OT characters in the park. I wonder if this is a reaction to the criticism of GE not including any OT characters. Vader is one of the most iconic characters in movie history, and Disney is ignoring him in their most expensive and immersive IP land.

I think it's more likely a reaction to Kylo Ren already being in GE so having him elsewhere is redundant. If they thought Vader was going to pull more crowds than him than Vader would have come back earlier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom