Star Wars Land vs Wizarding World

bryanfze55

Totally disagree with you. SWGE cost a ton of money and time to develop and build. It also has an attraction that has been reported to be unlike anything we’ve seen to date. Add to that, a specialty hotel is coming. You might be less than impressed with the final outcome, and that is certainly your prerogative. But it’s a hardly a cash grab. A cash grab is something done cheap and lazy with the hopes of merely sucking money away from people. You know, like Toy Story Land.

Disney’s hotels are the ultimate cash grab.

ppete1975

I wish they would have decided to push the envelope a little more, to me desert planet was easy (although its missed we should all be more impressed with the actual land that has been built). Imagine if they had built an ice planet.
Imagine everything white and blues maybe fan machines and fake snow. Yes it would be 100 degrees but your mind would still allow it to suspend disbelief. Or a swamp planet.. tons of water and trees.

BoarderPhreak

Totally disagree with you. SWGE cost a ton of money and time to develop and build. It also has an attraction that has been reported to be unlike anything we’ve seen to date. Add to that, a specialty hotel is coming. You might be less than impressed with the final outcome, and that is certainly your prerogative. But it’s a hardly a cash grab. A cash grab is something done cheap and lazy with the hopes of merely sucking money away from people. You know, like Toy Story Land.
Spending a ton of money doesn't make it good. The rides - MF:SR is like Star Tours Plus; not groundbreaking. RotR remains to be seen. The rest is all window dressing and overpriced merch and food/drinks.

JusticeDisney

Spending a ton of money doesn't make it good. The rides - MF:SR is like Star Tours Plus; not groundbreaking. RotR remains to be seen. The rest is all window dressing and overpriced merch and food/drinks.
Well, I don’t disagree with you there, but now you’ve changed your argument. Anyway, the fact remains it’s not a cash grab, which was your original point.

Oh, and overpriced depends on the person. Maybe it is overpriced for you, but that doesn’t mean it is for others.

SJN1279

You mean the one with Darth Vader and Kylo Ren together, when Darth Vader is supposed to be dead?? That's not canon, and thus takes you out of the immersion!! Haha see GE could have had O.T and Prequel characters and people would have thought it was cool.... not really pointing at you, just making a statement

The story is they are both images and not real. They are based on fear and come out of the canon Jedi temple to test the students. So if you actually watch the show, it makes perfect sense.

If Darth Vader was really there, wouldn't he just slaughter all the children? :)

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster

BoarderPhreak

Well, I don’t disagree with you there, but now you’ve changed your argument. Anyway, the fact remains it’s not a cash grab, which was your original point.

Oh, and overpriced depends on the person. Maybe it is overpriced for you, but that doesn’t mean it is for others.
I haven't changed my argument - there are no "facts" here; it's still a cash grab (IMO). 🙄

As for being overpriced, I would say everyone here agrees with that assessment.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
They already have that in Hollywood Studios.

It's called "Jedi Training", and literally makes kids feel like a Jedi for half an hour, including letting them fight Darth Vader with a light sabre one on one, and is actually free to sign-up for.

It's been going for decades.
Btw, you have to wonder if the academy will stay open...they shut it down in DL...

JusticeDisney

You were trying to explain why SW:GE is NOT a cash grab and used the fact that they’re building a Star Wars hotel as an evidence of that.
Well, first off, some Disney hotels are in fact cash grabs, just like some Universal hotels are. Some, however, are not. So a generalized blanket statement like the one you made is incorrect, IMO. And the Star Wars hotel, based upon its unique set up and offerings is most certainly not a cash grab. You get what you pay for in life and this hotel will be a perfect example of that. Now, with all that said, it’s not my cup of tea and I will never stay there, but I can certainly understand why some others will.

JusticeDisney

I haven't changed my argument - there are no "facts" here; it's still a cash grab (IMO). 🙄

As for being overpriced, I would say everyone here agrees with that assessment.
You did change your argument, but that’s your right. 🙄

As for your claim that everyone here believes that everything is overpriced, well you are simply wrong about that. But again, that’s cool.

Marc Levin

Sorry to burst your bubble, but WWoHP & SWGE are both an attempt at a cash grab. Neither Universal or Disney
are doing any of these things just for your entertainment. They are looking to get as much money as possible out
of any and all of the customers that come into the parks.

This is of course true, but I can't help but hope that someone in the chain of people designing and approving these things actually at some point said something like "wouldn't it be cool if".

Maybe I'm being naive, but the people with the creative energy to actually implement these projects must get some enjoyment out of it that goes being monetary concerns.

Marc Levin

From my understanding (from reading about it, hopefully I'll get back to Disney to ride it at some point in the next few years) it seems MF:SR is more like Mission Space with a Star Tours theme?

Last edited:

Marc Levin

The story is they are both images and not real. They are based on fear and come out of the canon Jedi temple to test the students. So if you actually watch the show, it makes perfect sense.

If Darth Vader was really there, wouldn't he just slaughter all the children? :)

As long as the children think he's really there it's all good. Although I saw one kid burst into tears during the show when we were there, which probably wasn't quite the idea!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom