Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
If it is Obi thinking back on his past with Anakin, that is fine. but if Vader comes to Tatooine and confronts Obi-Wan or if Obi-Wan goes off world and encounters Vader and they have a lightsaber duel that is soooooo stupid and undermines A New Hope which laid the ground work for the lore and the universe, then I am done with Star Wars for good.

Depending on how they do it, it wouldn’t undermine ANH at all. Vader says “I’ve been waiting for you, Obi Wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the Master.”. As far as a viewer knows they last met and Anakin was left for dead. There is a 19 year gap between ROTS and ANH, with the series will taking place 10 years after ROTS. It would be plausible that they encounter one another again and that’s how Obi Wan knows Anakin is in the suit. Remember Obi Wan doesn’t know Anakin is alive when he leaves him, so he finds that out sometime after.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm not sure if it was a figment of my imagination, but did someone on here sketch out the layout of the proposed Bantha attraction?
099A49E2-DCA8-4CA9-A4EA-23ADA3615AEE.jpg

SpoiledBlueMilk

If it is Obi thinking back on his past with Anakin, that is fine. but if Vader comes to Tatooine and confronts Obi-Wan or if Obi-Wan goes off world and encounters Vader and they have a lightsaber duel that is soooooo stupid and undermines A New Hope which laid the ground work for the lore and the universe, then I am done with Star Wars for good.
If you only go by the OT movies, then nothing happens, but if you fill in the canon comics that have come out recently, a whole lot happened between ROTS and ANH. According to the rumors I've seen, This is going to be a limited run series (8 episodes, I think) that will focus on Vader calling on former Clone Commander and now Imperial Commander Cody to hunt down Obi-Wan and other remaining Jedi who survived the purge. Vader will be a guy in a suit and Hayden will be in flashbacks. James Earl Jones will voice Vader. I think you can take a breath of fresh air on this one. Lucasfilm already closed the Darth Maul arc on Tatooine with Obi, I doubt they will force another fight there.

SpoiledBlueMilk

These people DO NOT LEARN. Their "strategy" of churning out SW content yearly led to bad content (I'm looking at you, Solo) and a loss of the "special event" nature that resulted in intense loyalty and attendant massive grosses.

As some folks like to say, when every day is Christmas, then no day is Christmas. I counted 9 new series announced for D+. Plus the Jenkins movie. That is asinine. Who in their right minds wants Christiansen back? Why are we getting a prequel origin story for a dude that was killed in Rogue One?

Kathleen Kennedy needs to go before she runs Star Wars into the ground and makes it common trash.

Ugh.
This is the soft re-booting of Star Wars. Get the taste out of everyone's mouths from the sequel trilogy and then start new once everyone has been focused on the series they are producing. To your points:
  1. You would expect an Obi-Wan series set 10 years after the end of ROTS to have at least one flashback. Why not get the original character to reprise Anakin?
  2. The Andor series has the potential to be a pretty good action show that focuses on the darker side of the rebellion. It could also fill in more of the early days of the Empire.
Kennedy isn't going anywhere, unfortunately. But don't place all the blame on her. Solo is the result of Iger's insistence to release the movie in the worst slot possible. Yes, Kennedy screwed the sequel trilogy by playing whack a mole with directors and story lines. It does seem now, though, with the Mandolorian, that Filoni and Favreau are getting things back to where they need to be.

SpoiledBlueMilk

My apologies, I'm so used to dealing with TLJ haters on here that I jumped to conclusions.

I did find this on Facebook that really shows that the new shows and films will have a nice balance of time periods.

View attachment 518397
I think the Ahsoka series will be right next to Mando - I heard there could be a cross-over event that ties Ahsoka, Rangers and Mando together. Also, there are rumors of a High Republic animated show which pre-dates the The Acolytes and Taika Waittiti's movies, which were mentioned quickly, but the art suggests a Jedi origin series.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

If you only go by the OT movies, then nothing happens, but if you fill in the canon comics that have come out recently, a whole lot happened between ROTS and ANH. According to the rumors I've seen, This is going to be a limited run series (8 episodes, I think) that will focus on Vader calling on former Clone Commander and now Imperial Commander Cody to hunt down Obi-Wan and other remaining Jedi who survived the purge. Vader will be a guy in a suit and Hayden will be in flashbacks. James Earl Jones will voice Vader. I think you can take a breath of fresh air on this one. Lucasfilm already closed the Darth Maul arc on Tatooine with Obi, I doubt they will force another fight there.
for OBI-WAN nothing happened. he stayed on Tatooine and did not meet Vader again until the Death Star. Kathleen Kennedy talks of a "epic re-match" but we ALREADY HAD THAT IN THE ORIGINAL STAR WARS!!!! The Death Star was the re-match.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
for OBI-WAN nothing happened. he stayed on Tatooine and did not meet Vader again until the Death Star. Kathleen Kennedy talks of a "epic re-match" but we ALREADY HAD THAT IN THE ORIGINAL STAR WARS!!!! The Death Star was the re-match.
That Death Star fight was far from epic.

*This* is epic...

I await its inclusion in the specialized version.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

That Death Star fight was far from epic.

*This* is epic...

I await its inclusion in the specialized version.

No that is fan boy fan fiction. Lightsaber fights have never been about the moves they do or techniques. they have always been about who is fighting and why that makes them interesting. This is is something fans of the prequels don't realize.

Movielover

No that is fan boy fan fiction. Lightsaber fights have never been about the moves they do or techniques. they have always been about who is fighting and why that makes them interesting.

Wow, something I actually agree with you on haha. Guess I need to check on my free-range pigs to see if they are still grounded.

It's why the sword fights in Yojimbo or the gunfights in The Dollars Trilogy are so short but extremely impactful. It's more about the buildup to the fight and the emotion behind why these individuals are fighting than the fight itself.

SpoiledBlueMilk

Yeah - her saying it will be the rematch of the century now makes me a bit concerned that Vader and Obi-Wan will be crossing lightsabers. That is totally unnecessary since we know the Empire has a complete set of Inquisitors whose soul purpose is to purge the remaining Jedi. We know he did do some stuff on the fringes to protect Luke from afar, but rarely with the Force. A possible chain of events could be:

1. Obi Wan uses the Force and is seen doing it
  2. An Imperial loyalist reports it, which gets to Vader
  3. Vader dispatches Commander Cody and the Inquisitors to investigate
  4. Cody realizes its Obi Wan and informs Vader
  5. Vader returns to Tatooine to see for himself
  6. Vader and Obi Wan clash and somehow Obi Wan gets away - how this would happen and not end up being hounded by Imperial forces for the rest of his life is beyond me....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yeah - her saying it will be the rematch of the century now makes me a bit concerned that Vader and Obi-Wan will be crossing lightsabers. That is totally unnecessary since we know the Empire has a complete set of Inquisitors whose soul purpose is to purge the remaining Jedi. We know he did do some stuff on the fringes to protect Luke from afar, but rarely with the Force. A possible chain of events could be:

1. Obi Wan uses the Force and is seen doing it
  2. An Imperial loyalist reports it, which gets to Vader
  3. Vader dispatches Commander Cody and the Inquisitors to investigate
  4. Cody realizes its Obi Wan and informs Vader
  5. Vader returns to Tatooine to see for himself
  6. Vader and Obi Wan clash and somehow Obi Wan gets away - how this would happen and not end up being hounded by Imperial forces for the rest of his life is beyond me....
Or, Obi is sought out by someone who needs help (e.g., by Leia's adopted parents who know he's alive). He leaves Tatooine and is spotted. Epic duel. Obi flees or is left for supposedly being dead, most likely a deadly fall since that never really kills anyone Force sensitive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom