Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

RobWDW1971

??? 🤨

I’ve seen all the Disney Star Wars movies in theaters and that scene got by far the biggest reaction from the audience more than anything else. Just look at YouTube comments on that scene as well to see how wrong you are. People absolutely loved Vader there.
The only way Vader could have been more intimidating in that scene is if he had his shirt off, was in a Force chat room with his girlfriend, and couldn’t defeat somebody in a lightsaber battle who didn’t know what the Force was and had never touched a lightsaber before.

Joesixtoe

The timing of the scenes would remain the same, yet the movement and angst would need to be reduced, creating a poorly rushed experience. He’s no Kylo in Rogue One, nor is that the Vader people care about, nor a movie people care about. But your complete and utter hate for the sequel trilogy is powerful I guess. I’m done arguing this. Hopefully saner heads prevail and we won’t see who’s correct.
Vader is also fleshed out more in the show Rebels. One of the things Disney did do right is bring back the menacing arche to Vader. And Kylo having more character development? Vader had 3 prequels all about him.. listen I like Kylo as well, but as the movies state, he is no Vader and that adds to his character.

Touchdown

I’m glad Kylo isn’t Vader 2, the relationship between him and Rey has been the most interesting part of the sequels; that said I would be lieing if I said I liked him more then Vader; but that is an incredibly high bar as Vader is one of the greatest antagonists in all of cinema.

RobWDW1971

I agree he was a Vader wanna be, bold story move, but it worked so well. His personality was a lot like Anakins, since well he was his grand son.
The entire new trilogy is a “wanna be” and just a sad cosplay of better movies. Instead of the Empire, Rebellion, and Vader we get First Order, Resistance, and Kylo. Oh the creativity!

JJ Abrams is just a bad cover band - poorly covering songs from better artists.

Joesixtoe

The entire new trilogy is a “wanna be” and just a sad cosplay of better movies. Instead of the Empire, Rebellion, and Vader we get First Order, Resistance, and Kylo. Oh the creativity!

JJ Abrams is just a bad cover band - poorly covering songs from better artists.
Yeah I agree, that's something that bothers me, its literally just swapping names.... the prequels had the fall of the jedi order with them being the peace keepers of the galaxy... then the Sith are destroyed... and the sequel trilogy I would have had a story around building up the order and gaining the trust of the people to become the peace keepers once again. So I do agree in away

RobWDW1971

Yeah I agree, that's something that bothers me, its literally just swapping names.... the prequels had the fall of the jedi order with them being the peace keepers of the galaxy... then the Sith are destroyed... and the sequel trilogy I would have had a story around building up the order and gaining the trust of the people to become the peace keepers once again. So I do agree in away
Agreed, there were countless stories to be told without having to just slavishly repeat the beats of the OT.

It’s like the Muppets - the original Muppet Show was clever and worked on adult levels with sly adult humor.

Then they needed something for the kids so they made Muppet Babies with infantlized versions of the characters.

That’s what the sequel trilogy is, the Muppet Babies of Star Wars and I’m glad the kids have something to enjoy.

RobWDW1971

I can't wait for the land to finally open so we can stop with the incessant discussion of the movies and actually talk about the point of the thread.

We’ve been talking about the land for hundreds of pages - it’s a disappointing, creative mess filled with unfathomable, terrible creative decisions. Or as one poster put it, “it’s boring and baffling”. That’s the point of the thread.

SJN1279

Just returned from Batuu, and thought it was by far the best theme park land that I have ever been to. I was blown away, and especially loved how the characters interacted within the land.

Rise was very well done, and I really had a blast on Millenium Falcon. Also unlike Potter, this land can handle crowds!

I can’t wait to return!

gerarar

Premium Member
In line at Ronto Roasters and noticed the meats aren't turning on both sides anymore. The droid and jet engine do still move however, along with the fog effects.
20191226_095106.jpg

Edit: The Ronto morning wrap is very good! Love the roasted sausage!! Would've gotten another one if it wasn't another $13 to shell out :p

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
In line at Ronto Roasters and noticed the meats aren't turning on both sides anymore. The droid and jet engine do still move however, along with the fog effects.
View attachment 436348

Edit: The Ronto morning wrap is very good! Love the roasted sausage!! Would've gotten another one if it wasn't another $13 to shell out :p
Good to know most of the elements are working now. Last Dec. 7, meats weren't turning and droid wasn't moving.

Big fan of the Ronto Wrap here! Not cheap for a snack, and small-ish for a whole meal, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom