• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

flynnibus

Advertisement
Man... I gotta think some of these structures will be the most expensive, elaborate structures built by Disney for shops :)

matt9112

View attachment 366826

View attachment 366827
Good eye, I never noticed it there in the early cgi promo. doesn’t seem like it could fit in the finished set, but we’ll see. It doesn't show up in the drawing, but I'm not sure which came first:
View attachment 366950
the top i think is the realistic way the ties are stored and deployed they are on racks of sorts and pilots drop into them. the bottom photo looks unrealistic and set piece level stuff. theres clearly no way for ties to be behind that one. nor is there a way for that one to have pilots access unless you use extreme liberty and say theres a door in the (wall) area. so in summary bottom photo shows a single tie inaccessible for a pilot taking up valuable space in a poor way inside of a ship but in a way thats good eye candy.

Lensman

Premium Member
I really need guidance on what the local culture sees as the acceptable response to “May the force be with you.” Is it the new-fangled “And with your spirit?” Or is it the traditional post-Vatican-II “And also with you?”

*That* is the chart I need.
Or you could go with either the classic "Always" or the irreverent "I know".

sedati

I really need guidance on what the local culture sees as the acceptable response to “May the force be with you.”
The only proper response I know of is a solemn, acknowledging nod.

kenfiery

Hey everyone, so as a massive engineering dork I was looking at the Imagineering campus on Google Maps and noticed this from street view. I think that's the falcon cockpit parked in a parking lot before being moved to the park! You can also see it in the grainy 3D view. Can't believe I found this. Here is the location (it's the Disneyland version but same thing):

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.1605558,-118.2837146,3a,19.7y,145.98h,87.41t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sXE30fXkQpyquaRlgk2KcXg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

britain

Hey everyone, so as a massive engineering dork I was looking at the Imagineering campus on Google Maps and noticed this from street view. I think that's the falcon cockpit parked in a parking lot before being moved to the park! You can also see it in the grainy 3D view. Can't believe I found this. Here is the location (it's the Disneyland version but same thing):

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.1605558,-118.2837146,3a,19.7y,145.98h,87.41t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sXE30fXkQpyquaRlgk2KcXg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

View attachment 367325
Like a piece of junk.

bclane

I really need guidance on what the local culture sees as the acceptable response to “May the force be with you.” Is it the new-fangled “And with your spirit?” Or is it the traditional post-Vatican-II “And also with you?”

*That* is the chart I need.
You could always say, “and may the Force of others be with you”. That’s what I always say back...unless I perceive that they are just mocking me for wearing my Jedi apparel in public, in which case I tell them to kiss my grits.

Top Bottom