Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

mp2bill

Probably because the construction is controlled by WDI, and the announcement by Marketing. Marketing is going to make the announcement when they feel it is most beneficial, even if things aren't actually ready to start.
So you're saying that they most likely shot for an August 14 (D23 expo) plan completion date, but weren't able to finish on time?

HauntedMansionFLA

If they include the existing Star Tours plot in that 14 acres, leave Indy alone, and expand back this is my best guess:
View attachment 106040

Now if they're not including Star Tours and just take over all of that back stretch of the park:
View attachment 106041

They might also expand a bit both ways (knocking out Indy leaving more room for the potential Pixar expansion:
View attachment 106042
After today's Osborne Christmas Lights announcement, these maps are nice to refer to and see what could happen regarding SWL.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Didn't Spirit predict the demise of the Osborne lights for the past 2-3 years anyway, only to see it getting pushed back again and again?

jt04

Yes, bummed about the Osborne Lights but something had to give for the expansion to get underway. I believe that they have a solid game plan in place and we will start to hear more and more announces soon. The Indy stunt show might be the next thing up. Once this project is done, it will be another great park like DAK. And your correct, the giant has awakened.

Osborne is amazing but computerized displays have become so common that it is best they are moving on.

I have no doubt they have a solid game plan. And that they are breaking ground within months, and not years as some falsely led us to believe, proves this is the real deal. Finally. Star Wars will prove worth waiting for.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Osborne is amazing but computerized displays have become so common that it is best they are moving on.

I have no doubt they have a solid game plan. And that they are breaking ground within months, and not years as some falsely led us to believe, proves this is the real deal. Finally. Star Wars will prove worth waiting for.

By "some" you mean Disney, since they originally said SWL wouldn't break ground until 2017.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Plus, previously, some here said no major adds to the Studios before the 50th. Including the rumored SW Land and/or Carsland.

Not sure if that came from anyone credible (I am not going to ask since I know you won't provide sources), but even if it was, things change. Not all incorrect information is people trying to intentionally mis-lead people as you seem to think.

jt04

Not sure if that came from anyone credible (I am not going to ask since I know you won't provide sources), but even if it was, things change. Not all incorrect information is people trying to intentionally mis-lead people as you seem to think.

I want to stay here so throwing out names is not advised. There are definitrly some who deliberately provide disinformation.

I can top that. I believe a lot of the pressure on social media for Disney to respond big a few years ago came from places that did not want to see SWL. Too bad for them. This is why I always advocated for patience. It is going to pay off in a big way.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I want to stay here so throwing out names is not advised. There are definitrly some who deliberately provide disinformation.

I can top that. I believe a lot of the pressure on social media for Disney to respond big a few years ago came from places that did not want to see SWL. Too bad for them. This is why I always advocated for patience. It is going to pay off in a big way.

:rolleyes:

Cesar R M

A permit was filed the other day for the rehab of the Jedi Training Academy stage..

355 Cypress Dr - Stage Rehab
so.. it begins?

and you can see the groundbreaking 'site' in the picture... that pile of soil just east of the NE corner of the construction parking area... a bucket full of soil from a front loader, so the suits can stick a shovel in it.... LOL
Remember, work is not officially started unless they see the mythical ladder on site.

Uncle Lupe

Any speculation on SWL staying under 200ft tall? The released artwork show the buildings lower than rockwork so I guess yes but navigation lights on top of a spaceport building would work.

culturenthrills

They may have become more common but I still have yet to see anyone do anything as good as Osborne Lights esp any other theme park. This is one thing were they didn't rest on their laurels. They kept upping the ante and technology ever year and it is still pretty impressive.

ToTBellHop

They may have become more common but I still have yet to see anyone do anything as good as Osborne Lights esp any other theme park. This is one thing were they didn't rest on their laurels. They kept upping the ante and technology ever year and it is still pretty impressive.
Indeed. It is the best and that is supposed to be the case in every way at Disney. I personally think it is time for the show to go, but that doesn't mean it isn't a spectacle.

Disneyhead'71

I'm having a slow Monday haha. Give me some hints. :D
That whole confusing Phase 1, Phase 2, ....,Phase 4. Is now more like Phase 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, Phase 2. It was originally planned to be as one project was wrapping up, the next would start with about a 6 month overlap. That was to keep as much stuff open while still building. But that was a six year plan and operations had a hissy fit. Now, the phase one projects will all be started by the holidays of 2016. Huge swaths of the park will be inaccessible and what is open will be construction walls as far as the eye can see.

The good thing is the timeline has been significant compressed and we will get the joy of seeing Disney "BUILD LIKE YOU MEAN IT!"©. By Christmas 2018, DHS will be beginning to resemble a world class theme park.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
That whole confusing Phase 1, Phase 2, ....,Phase 4. Is now more like Phase 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, Phase 2. It was originally planned to be as one project was wrapping up, the next would start with about a 6 month overlap. That was to keep as much stuff open while still building. But that was a six year plan and operations had a hissy fit. Now, the phase one projects will all be started by the holidays of 2016. Huge swaths of the park will be inaccessible and what is open will be construction walls as far as the eye can see.

The good thing is the timeline has been significant compressed and we will get the joy of seeing Disney "BUILD LIKE YOU MEAN IT!"©. By Christmas 2018, DHS will be beginning to resemble a world class theme park.
Sounds great to me. So will DHS beat DCA's record for "Most Construction Walls in A Park"? Sounds like it!

So in your opinion, where will the construction start first?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom