Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side

Wolf43

Just signed up for the Kessel Challenge since I'm already signed up for the First Order Challenge. I figured I can use my half marathon time from marathon weekend for my virtual half marathon. Although with training runs starting again, it shouldn't be a problem getting it in. Any idea on how to tell runDisney, "hey, I did it. Here is my time"?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Just signed up for the Kessel Challenge since I'm already signed up for the First Order Challenge. I figured I can use my half marathon time from marathon weekend for my virtual half marathon. Although with training runs starting again, it shouldn't be a problem getting it in. Any idea on how to tell runDisney, "hey, I did it. Here is my time"?

There should be a link on the rD page for the Virtual Half to enter your race date and time. I'm using the upcoming Princess Half.

Wolf43

I'm hoping it will be a tad warmer than the Marathon races. I remember 2015.
I remember too. I did the Glass Slipper Challenge in 2015 and 2016. I thought 2015 was cold, but this past marathon weekend was awful. Hopefully, if it is on the cold side, the wind won't be blowing. That was the worse part, it just cut through whatever I was wearing.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I remember too. I did the Glass Slipper Challenge in 2015 and 2016. I thought 2015 was cold, but this past marathon weekend was awful. Hopefully, if it is on the cold side, the wind won't be blowing. That was the worse part, it just cut through whatever I was wearing.

I may be purchasing a couple of cheap bathrobes from Target for the 10k and Half, just in case.

Wolf43

I may be purchasing a couple of cheap bathrobes from Target for the 10k and Half, just in case.
lol. Not a bad idea. For the 10k, I actually had leg warmers on feet, trying to have as many layers as possible between my feet and the cold pavement while in the corral. It halfway worked. My toes were cold, but not frozen.

LAKid53

Premium Member
lol. Not a bad idea. For the 10k, I actually had leg warmers on feet, trying to have as many layers as possible between my feet and the cold pavement while in the corral. It halfway worked. My toes were cold, but not frozen.

Never thought about pavement and cold feet. I've got some merino wool blend running socks - I'll pack a couple of pairs just in case.

Wolf43

Never thought about pavement and cold feet. I've got some merino wool blend running socks - I'll pack a couple of pairs just in case.
Yep, I learned that lesson the hard way during the Princess 10k in 2015. I couldn't feel my feet for about the first half mile of the race. And it was very painful when they started to warmup. Hence, the leg warmers on the feet idea.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yep, I learned that lesson the hard way during the Princess 10k in 2015. I couldn't feel my feet for about the first half mile of the race. And it was very painful when they started to warmup. Hence, the leg warmers on the feet idea.

I did just the 5k....the Frozen 5k. I ended up walking most of it as my quads were very cold, in spite of my running tights.

Chet Dakota

Going to run my Virtual Star Wars Half on Feb 2. Will be in the Dulles, VA area on business and will run it along a part of the Washington and Old Dominion Trail. Still recovering from the WDW Marathon, so I don't expect much of a fast time.

LizaMarie89

I feel like this may be an unpopular opinion but was hoping for a different character for the challenge medal since kylo was on the half medal last year.

Figment82

I’m surprised they keep changing the designs so drastically every year. I guess in the last few years that’s been the overall rD trend, but typically they used to stick with a basic premise for 4 years, create a special anniversary design, and repeat.

It’s nice for those of us who go every year, though. But if you miss out on a year and run the next hoping for a similar design, it looks like you might be disappointed, lol! Itoo thought it was interesting to see Kylo on the challenge medal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom