Star Wars Half DS, Roll Call

Which events are you participating in?

• Total voters

Flight Safety

Original Poster
Hello all,

I thought it would be nice to do a roll call for the Star Wars Half Marathon, The Dark Side. Let us know which events your participating in, your starting corral, and any other information you wish to include.

I'm from South Florida, and will be running in the following: 5k, 10k, and 1/2 marathon (all about the bling, lol). I'm unsure about the 5k corral but I will be way back in corral J for the half.

This is my first runDisney event, so I'm new to the experience. I hope everyone has a great race and I'll see you there!

Witchy Chick

5K for me.

My DH is doing the Challenge.

We'll be in Disney with our two kiddos (ages 7 and 6) for a crazy whirlwind long weekend Thurs - Sun.

I cannot wait! :D

Flight Safety

Original Poster
5K for me.

My DH is doing the Challenge.

We'll be in Disney with our two kiddos (ages 7 and 6) for a crazy whirlwind long weekend Thurs - Sun.

I cannot wait! :D

Great! My wife and I will be there with our 4 month old girl and my mother in law. Should be an interesting trip. It will be my daughters first, and I'm super excited but not sure how things will go.

CaptainShortty

I'm running the half! I was hoping to do the Dark Side Challenge but with my work schedule it didn't work out. I'm running from Corral H and it's my first Disney half! I've run other Disney races (ToT 10 miler, Everest, Jingle Jungle) but am excited to participate in a longer race and get an inaugural medal.

LindsayLoves

Just doing the half. Like @CaptainShortty I couldn't swing the time off to complete the challenge. I seriously contemplated doing the challenge knowing I wouldn't be able to pick up my bib at the expo and would have to get it race morning. I know people have done this in the past but the extra anxiety I would feel getting my bib the morning of the 10k would not be worth the extra 2 medals, or the extra $175.

Very envious of all those completing the Kessel Run Challenge. I want that Millennium Falcon medal in a bad way.

I will be wearing a running costume, but I am still trying to figure out what character I want to represent, there are too many options!!!

Figment82

I'll be doing just the Half. The challenges are just too pricey for me, even though the medals look awesome.

This will be the first time I'll be making/running in a costume, which will probably end up being a bad idea. I'm anticipating a very warm race day. Oh well, lol! I'll try to post some pics when it's done.

FigmentPigments

I'll be participating in the 5K, and the Dark Side Challenge which I'll be stuck in Corral G. :banghead: That's going to be hell waiting. I love to have a running costumes for my races, and I've always dressed up. I'll be dressed as Ventress for the 5K, Boba Fett for the 10K, and a stormtrooper for the half. So excited! See everyone there. :)

JasonDeyoung

Hello all,

I thought it would be nice to do a roll call for the Star Wars Half Marathon, The Dark Side. Let us know which events your participating in, your starting corral, and any other information you wish to include.

I'm from South Florida, and will be running in the following: 5k, 10k, and 1/2 marathon (all about the bling, lol). I'm unsure about the 5k corral but I will be way back in corral J for the half.

This is my first runDisney event, so I'm new to the experience. I hope everyone has a great race and I'll see you there!
Welcome to the world of runDisney! It's awesome and you'll have a great time! I'm from Tampa and I do usually 2-3 runDisney events per year (started two years ago) anyways I'll be doing the dark side 10k this time around. I'll be staying at AoA from April 13-19 if anyone's around say hi! See ya all there!

MickeyMomV

We are doing the 10k but are so jealous of everybody doing the Kessel Run!!!! We do the Disney races as a family and my son is only 12 and with Disney you can't do the 1/2's unless you are 14. So we are planning the Kessel Run in 2018!

Flight Safety

Original Poster
Welcome to the world of runDisney! It's awesome and you'll have a great time! I'm from Tampa and I do usually 2-3 runDisney events per year (started two years ago) anyways I'll be doing the dark side 10k this time around. I'll be staying at AoA from April 13-19 if anyone's around say hi! See ya all there!

Awesome, thanks! I'm very nervous about doing all the events. I would like to do more in the future if this goes well. We're from Stuart, about 2 hours south of WDW. We are also staying at AoA same dates, lol. Maybe we will see you there.

We are usually in WDW for a short weekend trip every month but haven't been back in a while because we just had our first baby. She will be 4 months for her first trip so it should be interesting. Its been a long time since our last visit, I really can't wait! It will be our first time staying at AoA so we're looking forward to that too. Normally we're at CBR or PC.

P.S. How long do you think it will take for me to get to the start line from downtown corral J? lol.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I see the corral assignments for the Challenge and Half on the runDisney website. Does anyone know where to find the corral assignments for the 10K? I didn't provide proof of time so I'm going to assume I will be stuck in either E or F.

Texas84

P.S. How long do you think it will take for me to get to the start line from downtown corral J? lol.

About 30 minutes.

I see the corral assignments for the Challenge and Half on the runDisney website. Does anyone know where to find the corral assignments for the 10K? I didn't provide proof of time so I'm going to assume I will be stuck in either E or F.

Sorry if I missed it but are you just running the 10K? If you didn't submit a time, yes, E or F. If you are running the challenge and submitted a time for that you will be placed in a better 10K corral depending on your time.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Sorry if I missed it but are you just running the 10K? If you didn't submit a time, yes, E or F. If you are running the challenge and submitted a time for that you will be placed in a better 10K corral depending on your time.

Nope, just the 10k. Couldn't convince my running partner to go longer (really had to convince him that we need to do the 10k). And he boxes 3-4 times a week!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom