News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening day reports - Disney's Hollywood Studios

The_Jobu

ToT / Crush / STours / SplashM / SpaceM / MV3D / M:S / Ariel / Carpets / Tea / Kali / JC / Bug / Small / HM / Dumbo / DINO / Swirling: 10

10 minutes for ToT.... šŸ„° I want to be in Orlando right now.

But if thereā€™s one thing that causes people to rely more on emotion than logic, itā€™s Star Wars.

I'm going to start ducking now, we'll have incoming soon.

Who on EARTH said anything about the prequels???

It's unstoppable. It's like that internet rule, the more people talk about Star Wars, the more likely someone brings up the prequels.

It was wrong for them to say it's open without the second ride in operation. They could have painted this as an extended preview (like so many computer apps and games do with a lengthy 'beta') which isn't entirely wrong, then they could have been graded on a curve.

I want to like this twice.

Maybe Diagon would be a better comparison?

I always thought so, seems the most immersive of the two. I think it is truly special, a best in the world type situation.

monothingie

ā¤ļøBob4Evaā¤ļø
Premium Member
The biggest variable (more than Fastpass) is how many ride systems are being used by either attraction. Thatā€™s something thatā€™s hard to judge on the fly.

Me personally I look at collectively how busy the parks are in total to judge the success of SWGE. If Tower, RNR, or Slinky is less than 60 minutes then the park is dead.

The hurricane and holiday complicates the calculation this weekend, because everything at WDW is seemingly depressed this weekend. But my gut feeling is that this is an underwhelming start and that people may be getting nervous. The continued weak hotel bookings sort of reinforce this.

Donaldfan1934

It was wrong for them to say it's open without the second ride in operation. They could have painted this as an extended preview (like so many computer apps and games do with a lengthy 'beta') which isn't entirely wrong, then they could have been graded on a curve.
It still should be graded on a curve as far as Iā€™m concerned. However, for those who are quick to judge on their own personal biases, if a second ride isnā€™t open right right this second then it might as well not be opening at all.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Me personally I look at collectively how busy the parks are in total to judge the success of SWGE. If Tower, RNR, or Slinky is less than 60 minutes then the park is dead.

The hurricane and holiday complicates the calculation this weekend, because everything at WDW is seemingly depressed this weekend. But my gut feeling is that this is an underwhelming start and that people may be getting nervous. The continued weak hotel bookings sort of reinforce this.
According to @MansionButler84, they are not nervous at the moment.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

But that doesnā€™t make sense...

Once the park is crowded, people will redistribute based on the stupid prebooking system and the app.

If thereā€™s a 180 minute wait on millennium falcon on Christmas...do you declare victory?

No. People continue to parse what the big issue is: if STAR WARS (the whole enchilada of it) was in great shape...then the people would show.

This is a 20 year slide down the mountain...like it or not. Doesnā€™t mean itā€™s all lost...or there wonā€™t be people in the land...but it could be in much better shape.

Now excuse me while I go to my fourth viewing of whatever that fast and furious movie is thatā€™s gonna make twice as much as SOLO.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Staying at the Marriott Lakeshore Reserve.
We are Marriott MVC members we stay probably half our visits at MVCā€™s and half at WDW resorts.
This trip the WDW resorts weā€™re just too expensive for September. We are taking 9 people so it was just too much to do WDW resort.
But thatā€™s the pricing dynamic that has been building for 10 years. People have defended Disney for it...but the market may have other things to say. Stay tuned.
I would agree with that approach.

However too much stock it being put in the other ride. I would submit that even if it goes over as well as flight of passage, it isnā€™t good enough for their one shot at Star Wars land and it doesnā€™t get close enough to what theyā€™ve done with potter...in the long term.

Last edited:

The_Jobu

Well, they are a publicly traded company. With Christmas season around the corner that will help increase crowds.

Or they will further reduce the cost of hotels, dinning, etc.

I was hoping to visit in Janurary but it feels like they're holding back on any special offers until they get a better idea how much to give.

Donaldfan1934

By next Summer, the number of rides at DHS will increase by 35%!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom