News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

SWGalaxysEdge

SWGE exclusive pin on April 25th - Don't forget, on Thursday 4/25 at Disneyland, there will be a limited edition (3,000 pcs) Galaxy's Edge pin for sale. Get yours while they last! This pin features an AT-AT Walker. $17.99.

D2idwJXXQAACuzs.png

freebird72

The resort reservation email rollout was a mess this morning.
They screwed up ours--gave us a time window before we even arrive on site for only half our party (who knows what the other half will do). I'm going to guess that there will be some additional emails from Disney forthcoming...

They screwed up ours--gave us a time window before we even arrive on site for only half our party (who knows what the other half will do). I'm going to guess that there will be some additional emails from Disney forthcoming...

I spoke with a representative this morning after a 2 hour wait. Everybody’s reservation was one day off. We should all get an updated reservation email later today. I believe everybody’s time was right but the reservation was one day early. Our original email said our galaxy’s edge time was June 9, from 8am to 12 but it is actually June 10 at the same time.

Darkbeer1

>>No stand-by visitors will be permitted to enter Galaxy’s Edge between May 31 and June 23, according to Disneyland officials.

Galaxy’s Edge visitors will need a Disneyland ticket and a free advance reservation providing access to the themed land during the soft opening period. Galaxy’s Edge reservations are void if transferred or sold.<<

Are we really doing this again? every month we have to write strong words about freshbaked?

First of all, he reads these forums.

Secondly, we are on a disney fandom forum. We are all odd ducks. If you don't think so, you lack self awareness. Conversely 20 million people go to disneyland each year. We are all different. You aren't going to like everything somebody else does.

If I were to critique him in a constructive/substantive way rather than just using the word hate lightly, I will acknowledge that his mind's eye is very weak, but he says this himself all the time. He can't imagine how something might look until its right in front of him. But as I said, everybody is different, and he surprises me a lot with his vocabulary and knowledge of history, like when he went to Paris for his honeymoon. If he likes pixar pier, so what, he also recently made a walking tour video with Ian in new orleans square where they did a great job of acknowledging the things they (and I) love about the land. I don't think he is all in on everything disney does at all. He called out the blue wall behind dumbo if I'm not mistaken, the backlot, and was very blunt about Ratatouille in Paris. The best aspects of Disneyland still takes his breath away but he is no apologist.

If you want to see a Walt Disney Company cheerleader, look no further than DSNY newscast. Everything that guy says is either an attempt to impress imagineers or walt disney studios' PR. Look! I know about crowdflow engineering! Live action remakes are AMAZING even when they are box office failures!

Just wanted to say...thank you. I can take the criticism pretty well, and rarely if ever respond to it. But it's nice to hear someone else respond in a way that I probably would have myself had I chosen to.

...btw, I don't necessarily LIKE Pixar Pier, I just REALLY didn't like Paradise Pier. It was the opposite of Walt's vision, and an obvious act of hubris of the Eisner era in thinking they could just give Walts legacy the middle finger like they did. So...Pixar Pier at least cancels some of that for me, and for that I'm grateful.

Mac Tonight

Just wanted to say...thank you. I can take the criticism pretty well, and rarely if ever respond to it. But it's nice to hear someone else respond in a way that I probably would have myself had I chosen to.

...btw, I don't necessarily LIKE Pixar Pier, I just REALLY didn't like Paradise Pier. It was the opposite of Walt's vision, and an obvious act of hubris of the Eisner era in thinking they could just give Walts legacy the middle finger like they did. So...Pixar Pier at least cancels some of that for me, and for that I'm grateful.
Monster David, you're always welcome at Pixar Pier!

nevol

I watch all of your vids and really appreciate what you do, as I can't get to the parks as frequently as you! Now, I have a request. Have you ever seen through backstage toward galaxy's edge from Harbor blvd on the sidewalk of the 5 overpass? I've looked over at the spires on my way up and down harbor from the convention center before and it is the most incredible view. I am surprised that you and Yensid and other bloggers haven't gone over there to check it out! I think westcoaster took photos from over there once. You can basically see the entire facade of the rise of the resistance from the opposite perspective of that on the mark twain. Feel free to check it out! You have good equipment that will do the view justice.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

David are you excited for STAR WARS TOWN?

Have you ever seen through backstage toward galaxy's edge from Harbor blvd on the sidewalk of the 5 overpass? I've looked over at the spires on my way up and down harbor from the convention center before and it is the most incredible view. I am surprised that you and Yensid and other bloggers haven't gone over there to check it out! I think westcoaster took photos from over there once.

I too pass by that view every weekend when I go to the park as that is my exit on the 5 north. I never filmed from there because it's simply incredibly inconvenient. You have to park somewhere at Ball and Harbor, walk up that hill (I'm not exactly a *young* man), get the 60 seconds of video, then walk back down the hill...THEN go park. It's a good 45 minutes I think. I'm pretty sure Yensid has filmed a couple of times there though. At least once that I can remember.

Having said all that though, I'll be there at some point this weekend I think as it will likely be the only way to see anything at all of the Mickey and Minnies Runaway Railway. So expect something like maybe once a month?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom