News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

lifeisgoodboy

So I went to Disneyland on Oct 20 2018. There were two cast member. I ask a cast member that Are the merchandise going to the star wars land? The person said yes. The second cast member said no. She also said that What you will find on batuu is going to be the merchandise.

So I am thinking maybe it's something to do with nature or/and manmade.

SuddenStorm

So I went to Disneyland on Oct 20 2018. There were two cast member. I ask a cast member that Are the merchandise going to the star wars land? The person said yes. The second cast member said no. She also said that What you will find on batuu is going to be the merchandise.

So I am thinking maybe it's something to do with nature or/and manmade.

As a general rule of thumb, don't listen to the hourly cast members when discussing the future of the park, rumors, and park history.

They aren't told anything- and get their info from the same places we do.

To answer your question about the merchandise- the rumors so far is that any "Batuu" or "Star Wars" T shirts will be available at the Star Trader in Tomorrowland. In Batuu, the merchandise is going to be designed to look handmade and unique. Unsure how much of this is true, but it lines up with the "Disney wasted millions to hide Visa logos" rumor that's been around forever.

I'd also wager that the uniqueness of Galaxy's Edge merchandise will last a year at most.

SuddenStorm

All of the rumors that Disney suddenly cares about whether the merchandise helps the story and are ensuring Batuu is completely immersive do a huge disservice to the history of the park.

Main Street used to not be populated exclusively with Disney merchandise. The Wizard of Bras, the cigar shop, the pharmacy, the photography supply shop, etc. all worked to sell the Main Street theme.

New Orleans Square used to have the One of a Kind shop as well as various other far more authentic shops that helped enhance the New Orleans theme.

I find it a bit amusing that the current generation of Imagineers are rediscovering something that traces back to the opening of the park but was lost somewhere in the '90s. And much like the rest of the park, I anticipate Batuu's intensely themed merchandise won't be permanent.

lifeisgoodboy

As a general rule of thumb, don't listen to the hourly cast members when discussing the future of the park, rumors, and park history.

They aren't told anything- and get their info from the same places we do.

To answer your question about the merchandise- the rumors so far is that any "Batuu" or "Star Wars" T shirts will be available at the Star Trader in Tomorrowland. In Batuu, the merchandise is going to be designed to look handmade and unique. Unsure how much of this is true, but it lines up with the "Disney wasted millions to hide Visa logos" rumor that's been around forever.

I'd also wager that the uniqueness of Galaxy's Edge merchandise will last a year at most.

Then why did that cast member tell me about it. She could have said we aren't suppose to talk about it.

Phroobar

Sneek peek at some of the new GE merchandise.
HaGL9Jr.jpg

star-wars-bootleg-galaxy-cop.jpg

42c63fc285886a68333b5525758fa254.jpg

lifeisgoodboy

Who knows. But the fact you received two different answers should be enough to show that they aren't being told anything about Galaxy's Edge merchandise.

I forgot to put this, when I was leaving that the two castmember were talking about what just happen. I think I got one of the cast members in trouble.

I think maybe you are right that it's a rumor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom