News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

TP2000

I'm upset Disney didn't create giant drones in the shape of the Falcon and have guests board an actual flying attraction and explore space. I mean, isn't that going to be weird when we see no ships are actually taking off in the land? Bad job Disney, the illusion is ruined.

Just wait until the Goodyear Blimp hovers overhead Star Wars Land on the way to/from Angel Stadium. The Imagineers are going to be so mad!

2h5Ba.jpg

SWGalaxysEdge

Just wait until the Goodyear Blimp hovers overhead Star Wars Land on the way to/from Angel Stadium. The Imagineers are going to be so mad!

2h5Ba.jpg

or at Disneyland when the Mark Twain blows its whistle at the train as they pass each other and the train whistles back. Immersion gone...

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
or at Disneyland when the Mark Twain blows its whistle at the train as they pass each other and the train whistles back. Immersion gone...

I actually don't think that will happen. I remember while watching the construction of the berm between ROA and SWL them putting up soundproofing materials.

Ismael Flores

I actually don't think that will happen. I remember while watching the construction of the berm between ROA and SWL them putting up soundproofing materials.
wasnt that actually waterproofing material to prevent the humidity of the landcsaping to damage the concrete walls and roofs.
the fantasmic building is pretty much buried.

Im sure the actual ride buildings are sound proof but not the rest of the land wherea train whistle would be heard

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
wasnt that actually waterproofing material to prevent the humidity of the landcsaping to damage the concrete walls and roofs.
the fantasmic building is pretty much buried.

Im sure the actual ride buildings are sound proof but not the rest of the land wherea train whistle would be heard

They definitely put moisture barriers, but for some reason, I could have sworn they did some soundproofing as well. Either way, those berms are like 50 feet thick, there's no way sound is getting through them. Some sound may ricochet off of the taller mountains, but I would think they would have music or something in the land to drown that out.

D.Silentu

All they really need is a whimsical excuse for the sound. Universal's Wizzarding World abuts their Waterworld stunt show. While I visited, the show's finale was in progress, with all of its noisy, pyrotechnic glory in full view of the land. Amusingly, a passing cast member remarked that the dragons were extra feisty that day!

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You disagree based on...speculation? The Imagineers know the attraction and the land and know the best way to present it.

Having the Falcon outside in a bay for passerby's is a great weenie for guests. It is iconic and such a feature will be a crowd favorite and a necessity to the land. If this same Falcon was used to board the attraction, we'd see a queue leading up and into it. Why would people be lining up to get into an old space jalopy? How could so many be lead into this craft that clearly can't fit more than a dozen people comfortably? Are people also exiting the same ramp? That will certainly create a crowd flow issue if the way into the attraction is the way out as well.

Since you are obviously working with a limited knowledge of the attraction, as we all are, its a little silly to claim that you know what works best for this experience.
all I am saying it would have been nice to use that falcon as the entrance and the inside is where we enter the show building without it being obvious we are in a show building similar to haunted mansion.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

(Psssst. You'd be walking into a show building either way.)
I know. not saying that I think I will be walking into a actual working spaceship. I am talking about for immersion sake. look at the haunted mansion. it is a PERFECT ATTRACTION. and it all starts in the que. you keep moving closer to entrance of this mansion. the whole time you are in this front yard and you can't see anything behind the mansion due to berm so it makes you feel you are in the yard of a real house and that the attraction takes place only in that building. then you walk into the building and then to the stretching room. and they use that as a gate way to get you past the Disneyland railroad and go under the berm and into the show building all the while maintaining the illusion you are inside the same building you walked into and you never left. they cleverly use the berm to the ride's advantage and story. it is PERFECT EXAMPLE of art through adversity. but, and again I am only speaking for myself, walking past the giant falcon and into a show building only to have the show building make me get on a falcon inside that building will take me out of the experience a bit. and it is clear Disney is going for full immersion in the land especially with the "NO VISA LOGO" thing. we are now in 2018 with more advanced technology than ever before, is it too much to ask for a little creativity like they used back in 1969 for the mansion? I think not.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Oh Dude, let it go. It's damn near exactly the same.
no it really is not. again a comparable attraction would be the haunted mansion and pirates of the carribean, or even splash mountain which makes you think you are in a giant mountain the whole time and not in show buildings. those attractions are trying to tell a story just like the falcon ride is. the rocket ride is just the rocket ride. there is no story. they are not trying to immerse you into thinking you are in a rocket blasting off into space. the rocket ride is on the same level as dumbo flying elephants only it goes higher than dumbo. just having a giant rocket shell next to the rocket ride that is out in the open and not in a controlled show building is not even close. the rocket ride is more of a ride you will find at a six flags park. space mountain would be a more accurate comparsion because there is a story in the que and the ride tries to make you think you are blasting into outer space.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
no it really is not. again a comparable attraction would be the haunted mansion and pirates of the carribean, or even splash mountain which makes you think you are in a giant mountain the whole time and not in show buildings. those attractions are trying to tell a story just like the falcon ride is. the rocket ride is just the rocket ride. there is no story. they are not trying to immerse you into thinking you are in a rocket blasting off into space. the rocket ride is on the same level as dumbo flying elephants only it goes higher than dumbo. just having a giant rocket shell next to the rocket ride that is out in the open and not in a controlled show building is not even close. the rocket ride is more of a ride you will find at a six flags park. space mountain would be a more accurate comparsion because there is a story in the que and the ride tries to make you think you are blasting into outer space.

You're actually confusing rides here, the picture that Sedati showed was that of Rocket to the Moon (replaced by Mission to Mars) not the Rocket Jets spinner. It had a 72 foot model of the same rocket you rode in the attraction out front.

https://www.yesterland.com/moonrocket.html

You never actually loaded into that rocket, you went into the show building.

Its exactly the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom