News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Burgower1994

47571524_1989373144465155_1433546120742567936_n.jpg

From Disney Park Blog

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

There is no point citing Walt outside of the context of Disneyland. Walt had one park and had long moved on when the Florida project came into being. It was a board mandate to add a Magic Kingdom/Disneyland. I hate ‘What would Walt do’... because he didn’t want to do 90% of things people and Disney credit towards him. He was loonnng dead. Including the entirety of modern WDW. Especially people’s beloved original Epcot Center, which completely craps all over what Walt had planned.

Even the Haunted Mansion was built with a sole context towards the needs and wants of New Orleans Square. Walt didn’t have ‘a vision’ of Florida’s Mansion.

It’s time we actually cite the what ____ would have wanted towards the original design leads of every park that isn’t Disneyland.
WALT wanted the mansion to look prestine if he was alive when Disneyworld was built he would have implemented that rule there also and it would have been carried out for decades long after his death like it is at Disneyland and the mansion would never be in the condition that it is in florida and phantom manor would never look the way it does on the outside either.

dweezil78

WALT wanted the mansion to look prestine if he was alive when Disneyworld was built he would have implemented that rule there also and it would have been carried out for decades long after his death like it is at Disneyland and the mansion would never be in the condition that it is in florida and phantom manor would never look the way it does on the outside either.

Says who?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Says who?
there is no reason to believe Walt would abadone his creedo, his desire to keep his park clean and all the attractions looking prestine. it is a very safe assumption to assume that would transfer over to any park he opened. and it is safe to assume that since he said he wanted his team to handle the outside and ghosts to handle the inside of the ride and that has been continued for decades after his death in Disneyland that had he had been around for WDW's mansion and he had extended that credo it would have been carried out to this day. but he died before it opened. WED did have FL's mansion looking beautiful when it opened but the powers that be did not keep that tradition going since walt was not around to express his wishes , so team Disney Orlando let the mansion look how it does now because " it is the haunted house spooky ride and the haunted house needs to look spooky. why doesn't it look spooky?? we want it spooky."

dweezil78

there is no reason to believe Walt would abadone his creedo, his desire to keep his park clean and all the attractions looking prestine. it is a very safe assumption to assume that would transfer over to any park he opened. and it is safe to assume that since he said he wanted his team to handle the outside and ghosts to handle the inside of the ride and that has been continued for decades after his death in Disneyland that had he had been around for WDW's mansion and he had extended that credo it would have been carried out to this day. but he died before it opened. WED did have FL's mansion looking beautiful when it opened but the powers that be did not keep that tradition going since walt was not around to express his wishes , so team Disney Orlando let the mansion look how it does now because " it is the haunted house spooky ride and the haunted house needs to look spooky. why doesn't it look spooky?? we want it spooky."

Get over it.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Get over it.
it doesn't bug me because MK is an inferior park all around to Disneyland. I couldn't care less about florida. but its things like this that make Disneyland superior. now if they messed with the original mansion's look then there would be no "get over it" ever for me. but I have no attachment to the florida mansion. it is just a shame the same company cant see what makes one version of the same ride special

lifeisgoodboy

Oh sorry. It was to just express that I didn’t notice you had mixed up the attractions, nothing meant in a harmful or malicious way. Just trying to show the light hearted nature of the post.

But yes. You did switch them. MF is a smaller building as seen via aerial footage.

Thanks you for saying sorry. I appreciate it.

I am going to see in my info if I made a mistake. If I did I am sorry if I made a mistake. I got the info from someone else. Here is the info fro the Anaheim parcel:
Screenshot_2018-12-07-22-41-57.png
Screenshot_2018-12-07-22-41-57.png

http://permits.anaheim.net/tm_bin/tmw_cmd.pl?tmw_cmd=statusviewcaseBLD&shl_caseno=BLD2016-03519

Last edited:

mickEblu

its called "Netiquette" - proper crediting, that's all.

I know what it’s called. I’m just saying you ve been a member on this site for 2 seconds, promoting your page AND telling people how they should be doing things at the same time. Maybe you should slow down a bit. Also the idea of crediting the Disney parks blog in a Disney forum/ chat room is unnecessary. I don’t think anyone would be confused on where the pic came from. That’s All.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom