News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

DanielBB8

The $1 billion investment is just a huge expense that they can't do everything. The shows don't work in any case when the land is lightly attended. They need to install a stage and do a proper Star Wars show. I expect some interactivity will be introduced after the land catches on. What comes to mind is a light-saber obstacle course. You fight Empire and First Order enemies against a screen opponent. Maybe a charm can be introduced so people can try Jedi mind tricks. The app is Star Trekkie and not Star Wars-like.

TROR

Why isn't this the soundtrack of Galaxy's Edge? You want "in universe" music instead of John Williams' iconic pieces, this works perfectly fine. Come on, Disney!

Snow Queen

I'm surprised they didn't just leave any windows open on upper levels and just have a radio playing in-universe music. You'd think it'd be easy to have one in the garage, with a second speaker inside making it sound like someone's working while they're listening.

Though the bigger surprise for me is just how much merch seems to be selling out. That seems so bizarre to me. You'd think merchandise stock would be a pretty high priority for this land given the kind of stuff they're selling and crowds they were expecting. If they're selling out with these crowds, how the hell did they expect to sell to so many more?

drod1985

What happen to the John Williams music they had him write for the land?

I've tried not to watch videos of Smuggler's Run or Savi's...but I did catch a clip of the very end of Savi's, as people are walking out. The John Williams theme was playing as they left the build room.

George Lucas on a Bench

John William’s music plays during the long entrance from critter country into the land and it is done really well IMO.

I haven't heard it. There were jingling noises in a tunnel and circus music in the awful men's room. Obviously a decision was made to nix any music in nearly all of the Star Wars land.

This has been an exceptionally bad month for beloved iconic music artists between John Williams not even factoring in to Galaxy Edge and the release of Madonna's atrocious embarrassing Madame X album. I feel so bad about both.

EPCOTCenterLover

I'm sorry, but why exactly can't a young boy look up to a female as his hero figure? A "Hero" isn't determined by someone's sex but their character and Rey fits the bill.

- Anyway, I was a little overwhelmed when I went during my reservation period that I didn't do nearly all the things I should've. That being said, I'm SO glad I did Savi's Lightsabers considering the lines now.
My wife is one of my heroes. That said, let's switch it up and ask: How many girls look up to men as heroes or role models? Isn't this why women heroes are needed in film and in real life as well? It's common to look for someone who is similar to you, especially when you're young. Fair is fair. Male heroes need to be found in SW:GE as well.

Stripes

I was PROMISED doom and destruction upon SW:GE opening, for years!

13 hour waits for the water fountains. Children dying in the Main streets. Pathways so jam packed they need to pave over Haunted Mansion to make room. Overflowing parking garages with traffic backed up to Northern California.

Next you're going to tell me guests ride the WDW gondola and not only lived to tell the tale, but have a mildly enjoyable experience.

Ahora*

*also please be slow still in August.
I suspect WDW will be very different.
Why isn't this the soundtrack of Galaxy's Edge? You want "in universe" music instead of John Williams' iconic pieces, this works perfectly fine. Come on, Disney!

There's four things this land needs:
1. Background music
2. The droids
3. Shows and entertainment
4. Rise of the Resistance

rsm

From all the comments on how the place feels "dead", and from the photos too, it really seems like things could significantly be improved by something as simple as throwing some rubber squidhead and rodian masks from Halloween Adventure on half a dozen highschoolers and telling them to wander around. 6 people on minimum wage - heck one lightsaber build pays for that. You could probably get people to wear the masks and sit at the bar or up on the bridges for free and it would double the atmosphere.

I think relaxing the rules on the cosplay would help too.

rsm

Thinking further, you could probably CHARGE people to do it. Want to include the "premium immersion enhancement" to your park ticket? For only $50 we'll provide you a full costume and you get to sit up on this bridge and pretend to sit on a bridge for 60 minutes. For $75 we'll provide unlimited milk for you to sip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom