News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

What is edible soil (A Taste of Takodana) and why am I so eager to find out?

Usually it's crumbled Oreos with gummy worms, but since this is a Disney Check item, which means it meats nutritional standards for children, it would be made of more healthy things such as ground dried pumpernickel, olive paste, ground nuts, etc...

truecoat

Also, while I think the food looks good, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept some chicken nuggets in the back for the wifebeater-and-cargo-short tourists who spent 45+ minutes in line at the cafeteria and just want their basic comfort food.

I’ve never heard of fried pink slime as comfort food. Meatloaf with mashed potatoes maybe.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Well, a few overenthusiastic fans have unrealistic expectations and actually think GE is going to make them feel like they're in Star Wars as if Star Wars was real. They'll feel a bit let down that it still feels like a theme park. I think those simply expecting an impressive theme park land will have a great time, as long as they know there's currently only one ride available.
but they have a right to feel that way based on how Disney has advertised it as you not being in Disneyland but actually in the star wars universe. plus how many people have reported on here castmembers are being trained as actual characthers but not getting paid for it. they are trying to make people believe they are no longer in Disneyland. they are trying to set the bar for something never done before. people having these expectations is perfectly fair to me.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I"m surprised Disney hasn't thought of that yet. It can't be any worst than this:

Is Bea Arthur still alive?

ChristmasBea-657x360.jpg
I wonder if they will have a Bea Arthur AA in the cantina? or cast memebers dressed as Lumpy and Itchy Bacca walking around the land?? sigh...we can only dream.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

>>Oga’s morning menu will include:

• Mustafarian Lava Roll: Described as a “sweet galactic delight”
  • Rising Moons Overnight Oats: Breakfast oats served with yogurt, dragon fruit and seasonal fruit
Non-alcoholic “potations” served at Oga’s in the morning will include:

• Blue Bantha Milk and Cookies: The “Star Wars” land’s signature Blue Milk, a non-dairy rice- and coconut-based chilled milk. A Rice Krispie treat cookie with Bantha horn icing is served on top of the glass.
  • Black Spire Brew: Cold brew coffee with Caribbean spices, honey and passion fruit
  • Moogan Tea: Unsweetened iced tea and chocolate milk with vanilla and cinnamon
  • Tarine Tea: Unsweetened iced tea with peach, huckleberry and mint<<
but will there be a JAWA ordering a "MARTINI!!!"?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
but they have a right to feel that way based on how Disney has advertised it as you not being in Disneyland but actually in the star wars universe. plus how many people have reported on here castmembers are being trained as actual characthers but not getting paid for it. they are trying to make people believe they are no longer in Disneyland. they are trying to set the bar for something never done before. people having these expectations is perfectly fair to me.
The only people that believe that are the same adults that believe they are actually in Andy's backyard in Toystory Land. That is a very very small percentage of guests going to the parks, less than 1%. So I think it'll be fine, 99% of other guests will curb their expectations and know they are still in a Disney Park and still be wow'd by the experience.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The only people that believe that are the same adults that believe they are actually in Andy's backyard in Toystory Land. That is a very very small percentage of guests going to the parks, less than 1%. So I think it'll be fine, 99% of other guests will curb their expectations and know they are still in a Disney Park and still be wow'd by the experience.
I get what you are saying but all I am saying guests having high expectations of immersion based on everything Disney has released and what has been reported here is fair game even though we all know in the back of our minds we are at a theme park. I think it is completely fair.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I get what you are saying but all I am saying guests having high expectations of immersion based on everything Disney has released and what has been reported here is fair game even though we all know in the back of our minds we are at a theme park. I think it is completely fair.
Well if these boards are any indication of the demographics of the parks, from what I've seen you are the only one that feels that way. So like I said less than 1%. I don't think Disney will have any problem with less than 1% of guests being disappointed they weren't actually transported to Batuu but still come to the land.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Well if these boards are any indication of the demographics of the parks, from what I've seen you are the only one that feels that way. So like I said less than 1%. I don't think Disney will have any problem with less than 1% of guests being disappointed they weren't actually transported to Batuu but still come to the land.
but that's the thing, I am not. yesterday someone posted a twitter link to someone disappointed that the falcon has a barrier around it when the commercial advertised as you can walk right up to it. people have high expectations. but I really am not one of them. I know I am going to be in a theme park. my major critical gripes have been with the execution of some things we have seen so far and the era they decided to set the land in. I am hoping the land is a success and I have a fun time when I eventually go. all I have been pointing out is that with the level of immersion Disney has said they are going to have is people are going to have high expecations for them to deliver and I have pointed out some things people would expect that they are not doing. that is all. I expect city hall to have such a big line outside of it, that it will need it's own fast pass come may 31st.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
but that's the thing, I am not. yesterday someone posted a twitter link to someone disappointed that the falcon has a barrier around it when the commercial advertised as you can walk right up to it. people have high expectations. but I really am not one of them. I know I am going to be in a theme park. my major critical gripes have been with the execution of some things we have seen so far and the era they decided to set the land in. I am hoping the land is a success and I have a fun time when I eventually go. all I have been pointing out is that with the level of immersion Disney has said they are going to have is people are going to have high expecations for them to deliver and I have pointed out some things people would expect that they are not doing. that is all. I expect city hall to have a line it will need it's own fast pass come may 31st.
But that person on twitter is not posting on here, and likely don't have an account, or if they do at least is not vocal about their disappointments. So you completely missed the point.

Yes there will be things that comes across in the PR as being accessible that will not be. That is expected when something new opens, not everything the PR Dept puts out is 100% accurate. Will 99% of guests be vocal about it or will they go with the flow? I'm betting again that more than 99% will just go with the flow. It'll only be that less than 1% that will be vocal about it, and is likely the same people that complain anyways when something doesn't go their way.

Now with all that said I'm not saying they aren't entitled to their opinion or their disappointments of not being to walk up the Falcon ramp. But my point is you're making this out to be a large scale issue where there will be 10 hours waits to get into City Hall to ask for a refund because little Johnny couldn't walk under the Falcon, touch it, and go up the ramp. What I and others here have been saying is that it won't be a widespread issue like you make it seem. Especially when guests asks CM why they can't actually walk under the Falcon, touch it, and walk up the ramp, and are provided with an answer like, "Hondo wants to make sure the Falcon is in working order when you fly your mission, so that is why you can touch it or walk up the ramp." 99% will accept that answer, because most guests accept they are in a theme park and just go with the flow anyways. So it'll only be that less than 1% that will be vocal about it and complain and flame the land for not meeting their unrealistic expectation of actually being on a Star Wars planet.

Bottom line, will there be some that complain, absolutely. But there are people that complain on the littlest things in the parks anyways, so that is a given. It just won't be a large scale issue like you think.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

But that person on twitter is not posting on here, and likely don't have an account, or if they do at least is not vocal about their disappointments. So you completely missed the point.

Yes there will be things that comes across in the PR as being accessible that will not be. That is expected when something new opens, not everything the PR Dept puts out is 100% accurate. Will 99% of guests be vocal about it or will they go with the flow? I'm betting again that more than 99% will just go with the flow. It'll only be that less than 1% that will be vocal about it, and is likely the same people that complain anyways when something doesn't go their way.

Now with all that said I'm not saying they aren't entitled to their opinion or their disappointments of not being to walk up the Falcon ramp. But my point is you're making this out to be a large scale issue where there will be 10 hours waits to get into City Hall to ask for a refund because little Johnny couldn't walk under the Falcon, touch it, and go up the ramp. What I and others here have been saying is that it won't be a widespread issue like you make it seem. Especially when guests asks CM why they can't actually walk under the Falcon, touch it, and walk up the ramp, and are provided with an answer like, "Hondo wants to make sure the Falcon is in working order when you fly your mission, so that is why you can touch it or walk up the ramp." 99% will accept that answer, because most guests accept they are in a theme park and just go with the flow anyways. So it'll only be that less than 1% that will be vocal about it and complain and flame the land for not meeting their unrealistic expectation of actually being on a Star Wars planet.

Bottom line, will there be some that complain, absolutely. But there are people that complain on the littlest things in the parks anyways, so that is a given. It just won't be a large scale issue like you think.
I understand your point of view but I fundamentally disagree with you. Let's leave it at that. We will find out in 2 weeks who is right

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I understand your point of view but I fundamentally disagree with you. Let's leave it at that. We will find out in 2 weeks who is right
Of course you fundamentally disagree, you’re in that less than 1% I was talking about... :p

Just know I think most people here understand your point of view as well, they just disagree with it. Mostly because, speaking for myself, I give most park going public a little more credit in understanding they are in a theme park experience and not in an episode of West World.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Of course you fundamentally disagree, you’re in that less than 1% I was talking about... :p

Just know I think most people here understand your point of view as well, they just disagree with it. Mostly because, speaking for myself, I give most park going public a little more credit in understanding they are in a theme park experience and not in an episode of West World.
And my counter argument to that is Disney is trying to go for a level of immersion never hether to undreamt of before in the theme park world they dont want you to think you are at Disneyland so raised expectations are justified. Like I said we agree to disagree and we will see what will happen in 2 weeks.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
And my counter argument to that is Disney is trying to go for a level of immersion never hether to undreamt of before in the theme park world they dont want you to think you are at Disneyland so raised expectations are justified. Like I said we agree to disagree and we will see what will happen in 2 weeks.
I honestly think you’re projecting your own expectations and thinking the general public thinks the same as you do. But yeah we’ll see in two weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom