News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

SuddenStorm

Actually that is not true, I have purposely not steered on Autopia, and I have seen others do it.

I purposely did the whole length of the Autopia without steering a couple years back... probably the most fun that ride can be. Made me respect how much abuse those vehicles are designed to endure, yet they still somehow look better than Buzz Lightyear's omnimover vehicles.

Mac Tonight

I'm seeing a HUGE missed opportunity for one SUPER overlay.
Hyper-SpaceGhost-Galaxy... Mountain.

giphy.gif

SirWillow

It's so great to hear that you can do the lightsaber experience without the obligation to purchase one. I was worried about that. I really want to build one, so I'll get my chance!

I think you misunderstood. The one story was only for cast previews of the light saber assembly. Rules are going to be different for regular guests. The cast members aren't allowed to buy the light sabers since the store isn't open yet, so they had to return them when they were done. That's not the case for guests, who are surely going to have to purchase what they put together in the show. It's not going to be a "free sample and have fun pretending without a purchase" kind of thing. Crowds and demand simply won't allow that.

ProfessorPepper

I actually don’t think it’ll be this crowded for a bit, with the reservation period and virtual queuing after. However, I’m probably wrong and just being optimistic
“However, Theiler said the park will be taking measures to keep the wait time for the ride under two hours, mainly by somehow leading many to visit it later in their window.” -OC register
So basically a 3hr20min line for Peter Pan or a 1hr15min line for Pirates. Which equates to a heck of a lot of people in the land.
restimes.JPG

In fact, we can do some math here. I hope you're sharp on your unit conversion. The capacity for SR is 1,800 guests/hour. They want it to be under 2 hours but we’ll use exactly 2 for simplicity. So 1,800 guests have to enter the line per hour. We can assume half of G1 and G2 will take those spots from 11-12pm. Then guests from G2 have to enter the queue at 1,800 guests per hour from 12pm-2. Similarly, from 2-3pm we assume half of G2 and G3 take up the 1,800 spots from that hour. So in total we can say Disney is planning to have about (0.5*1,800g/hr*1hr+1,800g/hr*2hr+0.5*1,800g/hr*1hr = 3*1,800 =) 5,400 guests per group in G2-G4 if they seriously want to keep the line below or around 2 hours.
For the first and last group, with 3 hours of the land to themselves (1,800g/hr*3hr+0.5*1,800g/hr*1hr = 6,300 guests per group in G1 & G5). In conclusion, (2grps*6,300g/grp+3grps*5,400g/grp = 28,800 reservations per day or 30,600 if they give G1 1,800 more reservations to put 2 hours worth of people in the line in the 1st hour of operation.

P.S. I think this is fairly accurate considering we're basing it on the theoretical maximum throughput AND Theiler said they'll want it to be UNDER two hours so this compensates for the overbooking they undoubtedly did.

Old Mouseketeer

“However, Theiler said the park will be taking measures to keep the wait time for the ride under two hours, mainly by somehow leading many to visit it later in their window.” -OC register
So basically a 3hr20min line for Peter Pan or a 1hr15min line for Pirates. Which equates to a heck of a lot of people in the land.
View attachment 371255
In fact, we can do some math here. I hope you're sharp on your unit conversion. The capacity for SR is 1,800 guests/hour. They want it to be under 2 hours but we’ll use exactly 2 for simplicity. So 1,800 guests have to enter the line per hour. We can assume half of G1 and G2 will take those spots from 11-12pm. Then guests from G2 have to enter the queue at 1,800 guests per hour from 12pm-2. Similarly, from 2-3pm we assume half of G2 and G3 take up the 1,800 spots from that hour. So in total we can say Disney is planning to have about (0.5*1,800g/hr*1hr+1,800g/hr*2hr+0.5*1,800g/hr*1hr = 3*1,800 =) 5,400 guests per group in G2-G4 if they seriously want to keep the line below or around 2 hours.
For the first and last group, with 3 hours of the land to themselves (1,800g/hr*3hr+0.5*1,800g/hr*1hr = 6,300 guests per group in G1 & G5). In conclusion, (2grps*6,300g/grp+3grps*5,400g/grp = 28,800 reservations per day or 30,600 if they give G1 1,800 more reservations to put 2 hours worth of people in the line in the 1st hour of operation.

P.S. I think this is fairly accurate considering we're basing it on the theoretical maximum throughput AND Theiler said they'll want it to be UNDER two hours so this compensates for the overbooking they undoubtedly did.

Great work, but I think you overthought this. The simpler estimate is 17 hours times 1,800/hour = 30,600 as a theoretical maximum, but I suspect there will be an allowance for downtimes/problems. If it's 10% less that would be 27,540 and if 20% less, it's 24,480. But I think you have identified a reasonable range.

Bongocrab88

Do we have any reports on the blue milk, a quick review? I have heard about every other detail about the land except a taste test of the signature drink. I found the pandora drinks a bit forgettable and I wont get my hopes on a Butterbeer level home-run.

Old Mouseketeer

Do we have any reports on the blue milk, a quick review? I have heard about every other detail about the land except a taste test of the signature drink. I found the pandora drinks a bit forgettable and I wont get my hopes on a Butterbeer level home-run.

I really liked the fruity slushy cocktail with boba balls at Pandora. I actually thought it was worth the inflated price. I don't think blue and green milk will match Butterbeer, absent a miracle (praise Walt). I think the question will be whether it's as bad as the dark side burger with the black bun (and resulting green poop).

ProfessorPepper

Great work, but I think you overthought this. The simpler estimate is 17 hours times 1,800/hour = 30,600 as a theoretical maximum, but I suspect there will be an allowance for downtimes/problems. If it's 10% less that would be 27,540 and if 20% less, it's 24,480. But I think you have identified a reasonable range.
Yeah you're right....I guess I can still get excited to find out approximately how many is in each group. But the group will be mixed most of the time sooo damnit.

ProfessorPepper

"Blue Milk will have berry and melon flavors.
...Green Milk will have tropical and citrus flavors."
Source: https://www.ocregister.com/2019/03/...3-varieties-of-the-signature-star-wars-drink/
Just click the stop loading button before the webpage finishes loading

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom