News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

The_Mesh_Hatter

As I recall didn't all CM just get a raise to $15/hr, which is above the state minimum.

Also I vaguely remember somewhere that SW:GE CMs will be making more than their counterparts at DL since they will all be face characters as you said.

Incorrect. Hearing that “fact” thrown around drives me bonkers. A third of CM’s didn’t receive the $15 wage; it only applied to a few departments. GE CM’s make the same as their counterparts thrughout the park

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Incorrect. Hearing that “fact” thrown around drives me bonkers. A third of CM’s didn’t receive the $15 wage; it only applied to a few departments. GE CM’s make the same as their counterparts thrughout the park

Ok, so if 1/3 didn't receive it then that means 2/3s did. So that means a majority of CMs are earning $15/hr or more.

As for the SW:GE CMs making more, it was something I heard not sure if it was actually true or not. But if they choose not to participate then they can go work another area in the park. No one is forcing them to work at SW:GE, so they knew what they signed up for when they requested SW:GE.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Hey it matters to me when I hear someone say Disney CMs make $15/hr yet I don’t!
Anyways, not enough CMs even requested to transfer to GE so word is they’re going to pull cast from other locations after the opening crew is all trained.

Well then maybe you need to go get one of those better paying positions.... :p

Seriously though, I'm for all DL CMs making more, just done in a smart way and not one that affects guests pocketbooks.

I think we should stop here though before it gets heated and it turns into a political debate.

The_Mesh_Hatter

Cause using 8 phrases is anything like being a face character performer?
What gets lost in chains of quote replies is that I was just replying to someone who said they think everyone in GE will be a face character to some extent... which I think is ridiculous too. I was challenging that claim as well.

But still, to be annoyingly specific, it’s more than just those 8 phrases. And it does put non-face character/entertainment CMs in an unusual, tricky position of balancing being overly “nice” with being “in theme.” I have friends bewildered as to how they’re going to act “gruff” while still being courteous. And that’s not going to work. Cast members will play it safe and behave how the would in any other location... polite... courteous... inoffensive. Cast members are definitely not expected to act on the level of face characters, but the expectations do remind me of that of other entertainers, like the actors in the Golden Horseshoe.

All those expectations for a wage NOT necessarily $15/hour and without the usual perks of entry into Disneyland all summer.

Old Mouseketeer

What gets lost in chains of quote replies is that I was just replying to someone who said they think everyone in GE will be a face character to some extent... which I think is ridiculous too. I was challenging that claim as well.

But still, to be annoyingly specific, it’s more than just those 8 phrases. And it does put non-face character/entertainment CMs in an unusual, tricky position of balancing being overly “nice” with being “in theme.” I have friends bewildered as to how they’re going to act “gruff” while still being courteous. And that’s not going to work. Cast members will play it safe and behave how the would in any other location... polite... courteous... inoffensive. Cast members are definitely not expected to act on the level of face characters, but the expectations do remind me of that of other entertainers, like the actors in the Golden Horseshoe.

All those expectations for a wage NOT necessarily $15/hour and without the usual perks of entry into Disneyland all summer.

How is this more "in theme" than working Pirates or Mansion? I have friends who have worked both and it doesn't seem more complex than that.

bshah365

QUESTION:

So if you go to make a reservation on May 2, can you only make a reservation for yourself? Or can you make one for your entire party?

Also, will you only be able to make 1 reservation for the entire preview period?

D.Silentu

Bright suns to you. Are you reading this on your data pad? Or does your youngling have your data pad watching stories? Good journey, I'm off to the refresher and then hydrator, and as always may the spires keep you....
This kind of effort is a big part of what I love about the parks, but I honestly could not get through the list of phrases without cracking up! Please, let's use these in our daily chat!

Darkbeer1

QUESTION:

So if you go to make a reservation on May 2, can you only make a reservation for yourself? Or can you make one for your entire party?

Also, will you only be able to make 1 reservation for the entire preview period?
Based on prior similar events, you will need the AP or ticket information for each person, so a family member can call once for the entire group, with a limit like 4 or 6 people max. And yes, one reservation per person for the entire month of reservation.

I presume it will end up in your Disney app.

Once again, this is an educated guess. We will find out next week.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This is kinda nuts. So after you wait 4 hours in line to ride Smugglers Run, they'll throw you out?

Hope you didn't crash the Falcon, but....
giphy.gif

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

If entry is not fully open to the public, by limited reservation only, and people are only there for a 4-hour window, why would Smuggler's Run have a 4-hour wait time?
If entry is not fully open to the public, by limited reservation only, and people are only there for a 4-hour window, why would Smuggler's Run have a 4-hour wait time?
well it depends on how many people they let in. just because you have a reservation it still does not guarantee entry to the land. it says so on Disneyland's website. they probably overbook the reservations so they can guanantee the land will be at capacity then let those in up until they reach the capcity limit. why else would you need a bathroom pass in line for the ride if they were expecting short lines for the ride on opening day. they know everyone is going to go to that ride first and the que may take more than 4 hours. probably if you are in line and your time limit is up, once you are off the ride you have to leave.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom