News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

180º

That spiel for both Indiana Jones Adventure and Space Mountain are my favorite spiels in all of Disneyland followed closely by the Splash amounts in safety spiel. I hope the spiel for RotR is just as iconic.
Good choices. My #1 safety spiel of all time is Tower of Terror, which is truly the Gone With the Wind of safety spiels, and a feast for the ears in both English and Spanish. It may be the single thing I miss most about ToT.

mickEblu

Good choices. My #1 safety spiel of all time is Tower of Terror, which is truly the Gone With the Wind of safety spiels, and a feast for the ears in both English and Spanish. It may be the single thing I miss most about ToT.

Especially the Spanish version. For some reason it was extra interesting and always reminded me of the voice of the spanish talking ghost that Bruce Willis hears when listening to his old recordings in Sixth Sense.

My single thing I miss most is probably the haunted jazz music in the Q and outside of the Tower.

BrianLo

Original Poster
The site that shall not be named released a rumor (presented as a fact) on the height restriction for ROTR (40 inches) with the warning sign/ ride description that says the attraction will include “rapid motion, sudden stops, sharp turns and a swift drop...”

That seems like an accurate 'cautious' statement they'd make.

In reality: Motion with stops, turns and a short controlled drop.

NobodyElse

Here's a great resource that has a whole page about that trooper:

If I recall correctly, that guy used to slightly sway, or "shift his weight" a bit. While far from an animatronic, he was a little better than a mannequin.

That's the beauty of figures like this (or suits of armor, or robots). They can be convincingly realistic, since they don't have to try so hard to replicate a human face, etc.

mickEblu

That seems like an accurate 'cautious' statement they'd make.

In reality: Motion with stops, turns and a short controlled drop.

Dammit I hate the word “controlled” in front of drop. Swift sounds so much better. At the very least, it’s not a slow meandering trackless ride.

Then again GOTGs drops were “controlled.”

Last edited:

BrianLo

Original Poster
Dammit I hate the word “controlled” in front of drop. Swift sounds so much better. At the very least, it’s not a slow meandering trackless ride.

Then again GOTGs drops were “controlled.”

I'm sure it will be a wheeee moment. But it's supposed to be a ride for everyone. Probably slightly less extreme than the Pirates drop.

mickEblu

I'm sure it will be a wheeee moment. But it's supposed to be a ride for everyone. Probably slightly less extreme than the Pirates drop.

I’m perfectly content with the thrill rides at DLR. With that said, my 4 month old son went on Pirates (that has no height restriction) so they could probably squeeze a little more whee out of that moment on ROTR if they wanted to.

I find it odd that the first Pirates drop is more thrilling than all of Indiana Jones. Some of that has to do with the brilliant build up of course.

sedati

I never expected a straight freefall. What I'm expecting is a mix of dips, drops, vibrations, and undulations to simulate the escape pods descent through the atmosphere and onto the surface. One simple fall will last mere seconds, there's no way we're meant to get back on planet that fast.

Sharon&Susan

Didn't World of Disney used to sell Disney branded DS games at one time? They may have sold the portable KH entries there. (I know BasiltheBatLord's question is a joke, but still..)

Old Mouseketeer

Especially the Spanish version. For some reason it was extra interesting and always reminded me of the voice of the spanish talking ghost that Bruce Willis hears when listening to his old recordings in Sixth Sense.

My single thing I miss most is probably the haunted jazz music in the Q and outside of the Tower.

I loved the version of "We'll Meet Again (Some Sunny Day)". I've looked up a lot of atmo loop music, but I don't think I've ever found that one.

mickEblu

I loved the version of "We'll Meet Again (Some Sunny Day)". I've looked up a lot of atmo loop music, but I don't think I've ever found that one.

I think I found it for you. I remembered a conversation I had on Micechat years ago where someone graciously provided me this link...

Shout out to Deadwinterskies on Micechat.

EDIT: Sorry, i just checked the links and they are no longer good. Bummer

Double EDIT: found it on Youtube...

Last edited:

mickEblu

@Old Mouseketeer a few of my faves are "There's a House in Harlem For Sale", "I Can't Get Started", "Wishing", and "Pyramid".

These songs really take you somewhere. The TOT soundtrack was an amazing mood setter. They're all on youtube by the way, the entire soundtrack with a video for each song thanks to a gentlemen/ scholar by the name of Werecatboy

Last edited:

bshah365

Does anybody know when Blue Sky Cellar is supposed to go down for the SWGE overhaul? I remember it being mentioned a while back.. Is that still a thing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom