News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

SWGalaxysEdge

Thanks but no, that's after Star Tours 2.0. You can see the silhouettes of the characters up on the second level. I'm talking about when the x-wing was first placed in that store, right after Star Tours 1.0 opened. So there would be a single Stormtrooper AA aiming at the PeopleMover track, but not silhouettes. No UFOs in the store either. But there was metal rigging that the x-wing was standing on (it's landing gear was out).

Dang, Werner replied to me and said he can't find that picture either!

...maybe here ? --> https://www.cockeyed.com/travel/pictures_of_disneyland/tomorrowland/star_trader.html

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
...found the permit for the TIE fighter. It reads:
"Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - Bldg 10040 - Tenant Improvement: Interior prefabricated show set Tie Fighter being built offsite and will be bolted into place in the facility attraction #1 "

I feel like that permit is referring to this TIE Fighter:

I'm referring to this guy:

shortstop

I think it's interesting.... it's my understanding that there are Imagineers who aren't fans of hidden mickey's since they either contradict or distract from the setting and place of the attraction. But I think that's something that really depends on how the Mickey is implemented.

I guess Imagineering should be applauded for allowing some actual Disney into Galaxy's Edge.
Tony Baxter has said he doesn’t like them. Personally, I see both sides of it. They’re fine with me if they’re don’t distracting.

sedati

Thanks but no, that's after Star Tours 2.0. You can see the silhouettes of the characters up on the second level. I'm talking about when the x-wing was first placed in that store, right after Star Tours 1.0 opened. So there would be a single Stormtrooper AA aiming at the PeopleMover track, but not silhouettes. No UFOs in the store either. But there was metal rigging that the x-wing was standing on (it's landing gear was out).

Dang, Werner replied to me and said he can't find that picture either!
I took a picture of that X-Wing back in the day, but the album is at my parents house. Trying to find a pic online, but so far- zip.
Here's a great resource that has a whole page about that trooper:

britain

I took a picture of that X-Wing back in the day, but the album is at my parents house. Trying to find a pic online, but so far- zip.
Here's a great resource that has a whole page about that trooper:

Yep - that’s him!

mickEblu

The site that shall not be named released a rumor (presented as a fact) on the height restriction for ROTR (40 inches) with the warning sign/ ride description that says the attraction will include “rapid motion, sudden stops, sharp turns and a swift drop...”

Last edited:

TROR

The site that shall not be named released a rumor (presented as a fact) on the height restriction for ROTR (40 inches) with the warning sign/ ride description that says the attraction will include “rapid motion, sudden stops, sharp turns and a swift drop...”
That spiel for both Indiana Jones Adventure and Space Mountain are my favorite spiels in all of Disneyland followed closely by the Splash amounts in safety spiel. I hope the spiel for RotR is just as iconic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom