News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

jmkb44

I am still trying to decide if I should book a trip for end of July to Disneyland to see this. Hopefully the June opening is legit and the first months rush will have had the chance to pass, but my question is, should I hold off on booking a hotel in the event Disney announces packages? My original plan was to stay outside the park since I can't justify paying double just for myself to have the extra hour of park time and being on the property, but if there are rumors that I did not read that they may offer some sort of resort only Galaxys Edge package I would be swayed. I will be alone so I am hoping single rider is available. Anyone know if there is anything possibly being announced like that? I will be in Orlando in April so I am sure seeing the progress will really seal the deal of me going to California.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Hopefully the June opening is legit and the first months rush will have had the chance to pass

pass? Surely you jest. The only thing keeping this from uncontrolled mahem for 6+months is the AP blackouts. The only thing that will have passed is the nutjobs who will wait 7hrs to be there on opening day.

Any hotel offer should have cancellation options within a short period unless you book a discount pre-paid rate.

mickEblu

pass? Surely you jest. The only thing keeping this from uncontrolled mahem for 6+months is the AP blackouts. The only thing that will have passed is the nutjobs who will wait 7hrs to be there on opening day.

Any hotel offer should have cancellation options within a short period unless you book a discount pre-paid rate.

It will be crazy for a while but I’d imagine one of the best times to visit SWL in 2019 will probably be late July until D23 in August. Of course people may take “best” with the wrong connotation. Least insane may be a better way to put it. But I think if you go during this time with the right expectations and a solid game plan it shouldn’t be too bad.

SWGalaxysEdge

It will be crazy for a while but I’d imagine one of the best times to visit SWL in 2019 will probably be late July until D23 in August. Of course people may take “best” with the wrong connotation. Least insane may be a better way to put it. But I think if you go during this time with the right expectations and a solid game plan it shouldn’t be too bad.

..I'm not in CA but will SDCC make a huge impact on SWGE as well?

lifeisgoodboy

BrianLo

Original Poster
I am still trying to decide if I should book a trip for end of July to Disneyland to see this. Hopefully the June opening is legit and the first months rush will have had the chance to pass, but my question is, should I hold off on booking a hotel in the event Disney announces packages? My original plan was to stay outside the park since I can't justify paying double just for myself to have the extra hour of park time and being on the property, but if there are rumors that I did not read that they may offer some sort of resort only Galaxys Edge package I would be swayed. I will be alone so I am hoping single rider is available. Anyone know if there is anything possibly being announced like that? I will be in Orlando in April so I am sure seeing the progress will really seal the deal of me going to California.

I think it will have shifted from unvisitable to very busy by July. As long as you have the expectation of multi hour waits with rope dropping you’ll be ‘ok’. I’ve done quite a few big products 6-8 weeks after opening and they still host multi-hour waits (Pandora/Diagon Alley/Radiator Spring Racers)... but we were still able to ‘do’ them.

SWGalaxysEdge

New posters - picture taken by a CM at Disneyland.
Credit : @ (twitter)

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
NASCAR’s Ryan Blaney May Have Spoiled The Opening Month For ‘Star Wars’: Galaxy’s Edge At Walt Disney World

Sooo... he got old info from a CM VIP Tour Guide.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom