News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

SWGalaxysEdge

So then each turntable section actually has 8 pods?

..no the turntable has 7 and then a separate, stationary mounted pod for ADA. I don't know the semantics of where it is mounted.
I also just asked about the ADA experience - do they get the same feeling to board the ship, as non-ADA riders?
They reply... "...Yes it’s the same experience going thru the falcon, the only major difference is the elevator that takes them to the second floor, it’s just a regular elevator nothing fancy ..."

mickEblu

..no the turntable has 7 and then a separate, stationary mounted pod for ADA. I don't know the semantics of where it is mounted.
I also just asked about the ADA experience - do they get the same feeling to board the ship, as non-ADA riders?
They reply... "...Yes it’s the same experience going thru the falcon, the only major difference is the elevator that takes them to the second floor, it’s just a regular elevator nothing fancy ..."

Right I understood. That’s why I said turntable section, not the turntable itself and asked about how the ride experience would differ since the ADA pods are not on the turntable.

Anyway what I was getting at was I believe this is news for most people as most assumed their were going to be 28 pods total. Not 32.

SWGalaxysEdge

Right I understood. That’s why I said turntable section, not the turntable itself and asked about how the ride experience would differ since the ADA pods are not on the turntable.

Anyway what I was getting at was I believe this is news for most people as most assumed their were going to be 28 pods total. Not 32.

..ahh gotcha. I had reported about the ADA on my group some time ago, but did not think about mentioning it here, sorry, but it was more of a hearsay at the time, but I have confirmation now..

mickEblu

I think they were very smart to handle the ADA pods this way. Anyway they can figure out a solution for the Haunted Mansion? How about a ghostly over head ADA track?

I can’t get through one ride without those dang “playful spooks” acting up.

SWGalaxysEdge

My contact said the whole underside of the Falcon cockpits will be setup pretty much like Star Tours simulators.
I showed him these 2 pictures and he said pretty much spot on.

maxresdefault.jpg
solofeatured.jpg

D.Silentu

You previously mentioned that the pilot and copilot would have identical controls. Do you know if this is also the case for both gunner and engineer positions?

SWGalaxysEdge

For what it is worth, I asked about the queue inside the show building and the one last thing my contact said to me tonight...
"I’m going to try and go on a field trip again to walk the que this week, the last time there was too many painters working on the special effects "

He said he;d get back to me about it...

lifeisgoodboy

SWGa
For what it is worth, I asked about the queue inside the show building and the one last thing my contact said to me tonight...
"I’m going to try and go on a field trip again to walk the que this week, the last time there was too many painters working on the special effects "

He said he;d get back to me about it...

Thanks for giving all this useful info about Batuu.

DLR>WDW

I wonder why they would have to transfer for a non moving ride?
The Falcon will be bumbling up, down, and around to simulate movements, like a minerature Star Tours, so wheel chairs will have to be left outside and guests will have to transfer so they aren’t rolling around the Falcon. :hilarious:
Side note, is it just me or is the doubt about this attraction due to a lack of understanding of how the ride is not just a video game, but rather a true flight simulator that will make you feel as if you really are in the Falcon.
IMO, this ride would still be phenomenal without the interactive elements as we’d be able to relive moments straight from the movies, which is really cool. Just imagine sitting in the cockpit and making the Kessel Run, as seen in Solo, and taking in the beautiful visuals matched with the movements and surroundings that precisely match the movie (which is apparently one of the missions). The only experiece comparable is the Hogwarts Express.

mickEblu

The Falcon will be bumbling up, down, and around to simulate movements, like a minerature Star Tours, so wheel chairs will have to be left outside and guests will have to transfer so they aren’t rolling around the Falcon. :hilarious:
Side note, is it just me or is the doubt about this attraction due to a lack of understanding of how the ride is not just a video game, but rather a true flight simulator that will make you feel as if you really are in the Falcon.
IMO, this ride would still be phenomenal without the interactive elements as we’d be able to relive moments straight from the movies, which is really cool. Just imagine sitting in the cockpit and making the Kessel Run, as seen in Solo, and taking in the beautiful visuals matched with the movements and surroundings that precisely match the movie (which is apparently one of the missions). The only experiece comparable is the Hogwarts Express.

I’ll admit my video game glory days peaked with Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (which many agree is still the greatest video game of all time) but to this day I have not seen a video game that I mistook for the “real world.” I’m talking actual game play, not the “movie shots.” So I guess I’m having a hard time seeing how the visuals in Falcon will be better than Star Tours when you consider that it will be real time video game type rendering due to the interactive element.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom