News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

SWGalaxysEdge

...wow. I need to look into this with my contacts and see what their take is. I've got a contact directly working on RotR too.

..here's what my contact had to say about this...

"That’s some interesting information, yes test and adjust has been going on for a year but has only been testing 10 to 12 hours per day it’s now testing 24hrs per day for the last few weeks. Capacity for AL will be around 4000 per hour. Bird will be around 3200 per hour, these times are based on the actual “ride time” that’s from the moment you actually get in the seats. Most rides average 3-5 minutes except for small world 15 to 20 long and boring minutes. The mark twain has a shorter ride time than small world, I’m one of the few people who sets a stop watch. Mansion at full capacity 3 per seat is around 3200. As far as the fear from other CM it’s because of the uncertainty of a new land, it was the same fear when toon town opened and cars land. Some of the concerns are valid but the other CM are too much in their comfort zone and don’t want to give up their days off because of an attraction change. So the statement is a yes and no statement and the logistics will be challenging.

WDI has a massive team their own office building across from DL and inside GE , if it was a huge mistake to do GE and Shanghai Disney, Disney company would be out of business right now. And more changes will be coming soon to tomorrow land including marvel at DCA which may or may not be a gamble "

Stripes

I hope this right for Disneyland pirates ride square feet :
Number of show buildings:
2 (112,826 square feet)

Here is the link: http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean_(ride)

Here is the link for the blueprints for Disneyland pirates ride:

http://www.alanhague.com/he/images/pirate1.jpg

http://www.alanhague.com/he/images/pirate2.jpg
The square footage of DL Pirates is way, way off. It's more like half that. Also, it's still one show building, I don't know why they put it down as two. But the blueprints look to be accurate.

Stevek

"That’s some interesting information, yes test and adjust has been going on for a year but has only been testing 10 to 12 hours per day it’s now testing 24hrs per day for the last few weeks. Capacity for AL will be around 4000 per hour. Bird will be around 3200 per hour, these times are based on the actual “ride time” that’s from the moment you actually get in the seats. Most rides average 3-5 minutes except for small world 15 to 20 long and boring minutes. The mark twain has a shorter ride time than small world, I’m one of the few people who sets a stop watch. Mansion at full capacity 3 per seat is around 3200. As far as the fear from other CM it’s because of the uncertainty of a new land, it was the same fear when toon town opened and cars land. Some of the concerns are valid but the other CM are too much in their comfort zone and don’t want to give up their days off because of an attraction change. So the statement is a yes and no statement and the logistics will be challenging.

WDI has a massive team their own office building across from DL and inside GE , if it was a huge mistake to do GE and Shanghai Disney, Disney company would be out of business right now. And more changes will be coming soon to tomorrow land including marvel at DCA which may or may not be a gamble "
Well, sounds like someone is way off...either your contact or the MC story. The numbers above seem very high IMO.

mickEblu

What is AL?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well ya. Just hadn’t heard “Alcatraz” since the official names came out so I guess it wasn’t on my subconscious anymore. And yes it would be great If those numbers were true but I doubt it. All insiders have the numbers around 1800 per hour.
Who knows, maybe they've been tweaking things to get better numbers. Or maybe the insiders have outdated info.

Or maybe this "contact" is blowing smoke up the poster's keaster. ;):p:cool:

SuddenStorm

Wait, so who do we believe- @TP2000 's neighbor lady who stated that combined- both rides will barely have more capacity than Pirates of the Caribbean, or SW Galaxy's Edge insider info that combine, both attractions will be over double the capacity of Pirates? The neighbor lady certainly seems more realistic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom