News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Ismael Flores

Not as big of an issue as Fastpass mismanagement by CMs tbh

I wish they would just get rid of the free fastpass. Sorry for those that love it but whenever I walk by Indiana Jones and Haunted Mansion and see the mess fastpass has created I wish even harder that it would disappear and just leave it to max pass. Let people pay for the service and get everyone else in line then maybe we can get the Indiana jones queue used properly and get all those guests off the walkways

Last edited:

Rich T

Isn't it great to know that none of the Disney suits involved in any of this will *ever* know what it's like to actually wait in line with the GP for either of these attractions? The very thought must exist in their minds as some kind of horrific alternate-universe fantasy.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That's not how "track records" work.

A track record predicts they'd do the same, not do a lot more.

Unless you are looking at a line that simply points UPWARD and not flat... The only thing holding Disney back from monetizing this opening is their inability to get it done on time.

lifeisgoodboy

Star Tours after 32 years still doesn’t officially have single rider (though there are rumors its being tested) so why would you expect a new land to open with single rider. So no there will probably be no single rider for the first year at least.

I never say anything about Star Tours. It looks like you are mad when I ask this question.

flynnibus

Premium Member
And two night-before-opening pay-for parties is an upward pointing arrow?

First we start with free AP previews... (free if you've previously purchased...)
Then we get very limited 'free DPB meet ups' (free if you suck up our marketing...)
Then we get lots and lots of paid, but limited opportunity engagements like early park access, special bundle offers, exclusive seating, etc (no longer free, but started small and continued to expand in numbers and prices)
Then we get more paid "limited audience" packaging offers at much higher prices (we start testing just how much people are willing to pay)
Then we get paid "sneak preview" parties (we start testing these prices+exclusivity to see what the market tolerates)

And then we have the biggest product release the parks division has had in nearly 30 years with the widest market appeal in two generations...

And all of this while insiders have said repeatedly that the company is actively looking to offer more paid packages and offerings

And you want to argue it's a stretch to think there is a track record here??

DanielBB8

The track record is to monetize the attraction after it opens where the real money is at. Their track record for opening attractions is spotty and appears to never be on-time. So I don’t expect soft openings and even the opportunity to monetize it as a limited event prior to the official opening. Once it opens, expect big crowds that will generate a lot of revenue. Then they can pile on the extra charge events, special access, and after hours events.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I never say anything about Star Tours. It looks like you are mad when I ask this question.

I'm not mad at all.

I was just pointing out that Star Tours, the other SW experience, still doesn't have single rider officially after 32 years of operation. And given that since both DHS and DL versions of SW:GE are suppose to be near identical, and that WDW doesn't have single rider on most of their attractions. I'm of the opinion that its probably not a good bet that single rider will be added to the two attractions at SW:GE, at least not initially.

But no one here knows for sure. So we'll just have to wait and see.

SuddenStorm

I'm not mad at all.

I was just pointing out that Star Tours, the other SW experience, still doesn't have single rider officially after 32 years of operation. And given that since both DHS and DL versions of SW:GE are suppose to be near identical, and that WDW doesn't have single rider on most of their attractions. I'm of the opinion that its probably not a good bet that single rider will be added to the two attractions at SW:GE, at least not initially.

Um, Star Tours has single rider....

As of a day or two ago 😂

Though I fail to see how it being a Star Wars experience is at all relevant to Galaxy's Edge. I think it's a safe bet that they'll have single rider for both attractions.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Um, Star Tours has single rider....

As of a day or two ago 😂

Though I fail to see how it being a Star Wars experience is at all relevant to Galaxy's Edge. I think it's a safe bet that they'll have single rider for both attractions.

Actually no Star Tours doesn't have single rider today. Its still not official yet. If you looked at my original post I indicated there was current testing for it, but its still not official.

Here is the official list from Disney:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/#/single-rider-line

Ok, maybe it in itself is not relevant, but it was a good example to use. There are only 8 attractions as of today in the whole of the DLR that has single rider. And there are only 3 attractions at all of WDW that have single rider. So maybe single rider will be officially introduced on ST, or maybe it won't. But I think its relevant because its not like they are adding single rider to every single attractions at DLR. If they were they would have done it years ago and most of the E-Tickets.

And again DHS and DL versions of SW:GE are suppose to be near identical, and with WDW not having single rider on almost all of their attractions. I'm of the opinion that its probably not a good bet that single rider will be added to the two attractions at SW:GE, at least not initially. Maybe it'll be introduced a couple months after the land opens, I don't know. I just don't think it'll be added initially until they see how operationally things will work with real crowds.

But again I've said that no one here really knows, so we'll have to wait and see.

Ryan120420

From MC:

Star Tours Single Rider
Some of you may really like this news item . . . but the cast members we spoke with about it weren’t happy about it at all. Star Tours has added Single Rider. Unfortunately, it’s confusing and labor intensive. You enter Single Rider through the Star Trader shop at the exit of the attraction. Give it a try and let us know your thoughts.

28C366B6-C399-486C-8DE7-DDB197000C7C.jpeg

83EDB208-5EB3-4DCE-ACDA-625DC96600DE.jpeg
2671BBDA-57A2-4EF0-A66B-83FC65C23EA7.jpeg

In the past year and half Space Mountain, Toy Story Mania, and Star Tours have all received Single Rider queues! Awesome!

As for Star Tours, I cant help but think sending single riders through the ADA hallway at the entrance to the ride and up the stairs to the loading bays would be far more efficient than the exit. Ive always thought Star Tours should have a Single Rider queue and in my mind that would be the way to do it.

SuddenStorm

Actually no Star Tours doesn't have single rider today. Its still not official yet. If you looked at my original post I indicated there was current testing for it, but its still not official.

Here is the official list from Disney:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/#/single-rider-line

https://micechat.com/213627-disneyland-update-santa-priced-out-of-disneyland/

Micechat reported that it's there yesterday. Perhaps it's in the early stages of guest testing before they update the list and advertise it- but it is, as the say, operational.

Ok, maybe it in itself is not relevant, but it was a good example to use. There are only 8 attractions as of today in the whole of the DLR that has single rider. And there are only 3 attractions at all of WDW that have single rider. So maybe single rider will be officially introduced on ST, or maybe it won't. But I think its relevant because its not like they are adding single rider to every single attractions at DLR. If they were they would have done it years ago and most of the E-Tickets.

And again DHS and DL versions of SW:GE are suppose to be near identical, and with WDW not having single rider on almost all of their attractions. I'm of the opinion that its probably not a good bet that single rider will be added to the two attractions at SW:GE, at least not initially. Maybe it'll be introduced a couple months after the land opens, I don't know. I just don't think it'll be added initially until they see how operationally things will work with real crowds.

But again I've said that no one here really knows, so we'll have to wait and see.

It really wasn't a good example. The ride system and seating arrangement in Star Tours is completely different than either of the two Galaxy's Edge attractions. You shouldn't be looking at attractions as a whole- but instead how each attraction is seated and whether they have single rider.

The closest rides (seating wise) to RotR are Indiana Jones and Radiator Springs Racers, both of which have single rider. For the Falcon, which has six independent seats, the closest (once again, for seating) would be Splash Mountain or the Matterhorn- which both have single rider.

Some rides will never have single rider- Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, the Fantasyland dark rides, Dumbo, Astro Orbiter, etc. because of how those rides are sat. Disney has been expanding the single rider program- Space Mountain got it last year, and Star Tours just got it. It's a win win for Disney- it boosts the capacity of the attraction since it guarantees every seat is full.

If we were worrying about how Disney World did things, we'd all have magic bands and would be reserving our fastpasses months in advance.

Anaheim has shown an affinity for Single Rider- if their track record of adding it to everything they can is any indication. Their demographic has a lot more groups of 2 or 1, or locals who are more willing to split up with their friends to get on the rides faster than the families at Disney World who have saved up for years to go there.

You're right, we can't know for sure- but I'd be willing to bet a few churros (those lightsaber dusted ones they sell) that both attractions have single rider.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
https://micechat.com/213627-disneyland-update-santa-priced-out-of-disneyland/

Micechat reported that it's there yesterday. Perhaps it's in the early stages of guest testing before they update the list and advertise it- but it is, as the say, operational.

Again read my previous posts. Yes I'm aware of what MC reported. But as we've seen even just today with their reporting of closures, just because they report it doesn't make it true. Also Disney changes their minds a lot, even after MC reports something as being confirmed as true.

Remember how Pirates was for sure getting FP, MC reported it was a done deal because they installed the FP readers. And yet that didn't happen as Disney changed their minds.

My point, its not actually operational until its publicly stated by Disney. And even then its not always guaranteed to remain that way.

It really wasn't a good example. The ride system and seating arrangement in Star Tours is completely different than either of the two Galaxy's Edge attractions. You shouldn't be looking at attractions as a whole- but instead how each attraction is seated and whether they have single rider.

The closest rides (seating wise) to RotR are Indiana Jones and Radiator Springs Racers, both of which have single rider. For the Falcon, which has six independent seats, the closest (once again, for seating) would be Splash Mountain or the Matterhorn- which both have single rider.

Some rides will never have single rider- Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, the Fantasyland dark rides, Dumbo, Astro Orbiter, etc. because of how those rides are sat. Disney has been expanding the single rider program- Space Mountain got it last year, and Star Tours just got it. It's a win win for Disney- it boosts the capacity of the attraction since it guarantees every seat is full.

If we were worrying about how Disney World did things, we'd all have magic bands and would be reserving our fastpasses months in advance.

Anaheim has shown an affinity for Single Rider- if their track record of adding it to everything they can is any indication. Their demographic has a lot more groups of 2 or 1, or locals who are more willing to split up with their friends to get on the rides faster than the families at Disney World who have saved up for years to go there.

You're right, we can't know for sure- but I'd be willing to bet a few churros (those lightsaber dusted ones they sell) that both attractions have single rider.

Yes DLR has shown an affinity for single rider, but its with purpose and not across all attractions as you indicated. The point is, its not a guarantee. I would say that if either of the two attractions from SW:GE would have single rider its more likely RotR as the seating configuration similar to RSR, so in that I agree. As for Falcon I'm willing to bet that they would be willing to leave the engineering seats empty.

But again we'll see. I have gone back and forth on this topic in this thread. I'm just of the opinion for now that it won't be part of the attractions initially. Not saying they'll never add it, just that during the initial opening it won't be offered.

SuddenStorm

Yes DLR has shown an affinity for single rider, but its with purpose and not across all attractions as you indicated. The point is, its not a guarantee. I would say that if either of the two attractions from SW:GE would have single rider its more likely RotR as the seating configuration similar to RSR, so in that I agree. As for Falcon I'm willing to bet that they would be willing to leave the engineering seats empty.

With insider reports about operations being increasingly worried about how these attractions will handle the demand, you think management is gonna be fine cutting capacity by a potential third?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
With insider reports about operations being increasingly worried about how these attractions will handle the demand, you think management is gonna be fine cutting capacity by a potential third?

I think your estimation of a third is a bit much. But yes I can actually see no single rider initially. At least until they figure out operationally how things will play out.

For example lets say you're right and they add single rider to Falcon. Do single riders always get stuck being only the engineer? With attractions like Indy seating isn't very important because every seat is basically the same. But in the Falcon seating is important due to the interaction with the attraction. Operationally it would be a nightmare, because you're gonna have a bunch of single riders saying they only want to pilot. Do you just say tough luck, don't go in single rider then. Nah, they wouldn't do that due to the large amount of complaints that would follow.

This is why I think they'll wait to introduce single rider in order to work out things operationally first.

lifeisgoodboy

I'm not mad at all.

I am sorry that I said that to you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom