News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

DDLand

IMG_1244.jpg
Is it just me, or is the river nowhere near show ready? It looks like for the loop to be complete, that whole side still needs some love. The Railroad is progressing and part of the trestle and some of the cross beams have been built. With that said, the Railroad still just ends. It's something that can be built relatively quickly, but it still looks like @Old Mouseketeer's time frame is, sadly, most credible.

Also Battle Escape is enormous. We have only a fraction of the full built out.
IMG_1245.PNG

mickEblu

View attachment 197944
Is it just me, or is the river nowhere near show ready? It looks like for the loop to be complete, that whole side still needs some love. The Railroad is progressing and part of the trestle and some of the cross beams have been built. With that said, the Railroad still just ends. It's something that can be built relatively quickly, but it still looks like @Old Mouseketeer's time frame is, sadly, most credible.

Also Battle Escape is enormous. We have only a fraction of the full built out.
View attachment 197945

Is it just me or does the river look it will be shortened considerably when looking at the pic. Was it really only shortened 15-20%?

mickEblu

For me what is being added along the river is much more than what was taken away.
If it comes out like the concept art I might agree. So far the scale looks significantly smaller. I know the northern section of the ROA wasn't the most exciting but something should be said for that feeling of being in the vast wilderness that existed before. It kind of felt like there was always a piece of Disneyland that you couldn't explore that made it feel bigger and more mysterious. It's the kind of thing that doesn't show up on a spreadsheet.

Last edited:

TP2000

special thanks to fox news and that cameraman
Sure. But the real thanks go to the construction guy who busted his knee!

Hey, construction guy, sorry you busted your knee and couldn't get down the ladder today. I hope you enjoy the painkillers and the week or two of Workers Comp, and I hope you'll be back to your career soon. But a big THANK YOU for doing that for us so that the news choppers could get some really good and really revealing aerial shots of Star Wars construction. This Bud's for you, construction guy with busted knee! :D

TP2000

Is this a part of the Falcon Simulator?View attachment 197966
Well, I think we know how this Falcon ride is going to work now. It's an updated version of Mission: Space, apparently.

OMG! It must be!!!! Two side by side!!! Unless these are going to be two industrial grade salad bars!!!!
A revolving salad bar, Constance. Thus the circular shape. :rolleyes:

But that feature appears to be in the Battle Escape/Alcatraz ride next door. Or maybe it's just a really big Souplantation.

Top Bottom