News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

jmuboy

I'd hate to be a tourist just on the other side of that wall eating lunch as that claw works four feet from me.
My guess - that section of patio is closed during the work. i guess they figured out they did not remove enough tress for thew train route. I really am hoping that the vegetation is planted back really densely in these areas along the back of Critter Country and north end of TSI. I have some faith based on how the old parking lot can now be home to a heavily wooded area like Grizzly Peak.

BrianLo

Original Poster
My guess - that section of patio is closed during the work. i guess they figured out they did not remove enough tress for thew train route. I really am hoping that the vegetation is planted back really densely in these areas along the back of Critter Country and north end of TSI. I have some faith based on how the old parking lot can now be home to a heavily wooded area like Grizzly Peak.

Can confirm, that section was closed, I didn't understand why... now I do.

LukaLand

Took a look at the construction today at the end of Big Thunder trail. I don't remember tarps being up before. These were blocking the view of whatever was being worked on in a couple of spots. Excuse the crappy cell phone pictures!
20161207_111938.jpg 20161207_112246.jpg

Was also happy to see that the pond with the jumping fish is fully intact and still filled with water. 20161207_112050.jpg

And I know its been brought up before, but one of the new rocks being built sure does look like an exact replica of the rock in the poster with the bobcat on it. 20161207_122231.jpg 20161207_112246.jpg

Also stopped by the train exhibit in New Orleans Square. They moved the E.P. Ripley there with a couple of cars and the Lilly Belle yesterday, I guess. The engineer said the Lilly Belle had just been restored and had her leaky roof fixed. And that the trains will be running in July for sure, and that they are planning a big grand reopening day for them.

LukaLand

So that would mean all the new eye candy should be up right?

He said the trains will be running for hopefully a few weeks before the Grand Reopening which will be on Disneyland's birthday (July 17th) so I'd assume all the enhancements will be up by then, too. I sure hope so!

D

Deleted member 107043

This is probably the biggest construction project at the property since the Disneyland Resort expansion.

Travel Junkie

I was at the resort last night and was surprised they were working past 7PM with work lights flooding the work site. I know they are working at least some if not all Saturday's so they could possibly be working 6 days a week and late into the night. I think this is going to be the major difference between California and Florida. They don't seem in any real hurry in Florida so the gap between the projects may grow even further as time goers on.

Phroobar

I was at the resort last night and was surprised they were working past 7PM with work lights flooding the work site. I know they are working at least some if not all Saturday's so they could possibly be working 6 days a week and late into the night. I think this is going to be the major difference between California and Florida. They don't seem in any real hurry in Florida so the gap between the projects may grow even further as time goers on.

Florida contractors

TP2000

I've noticed that too, after recently driving by on Disneyland Drive well after dark around 6pm and seeing the site lit up like a football stadium and seeing giant cranes swinging around in the night sky. They apparently are going with a 12 hour day, six days a week schedule regardless of season or sundown.

The incredible progress of just the last 60 days proves that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom