News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

Patcheslee

I watched the video of opening crowd being allowed in. Just for some reference does it seem more or less organized/crowded than RD crowds for HS and AK?

ItlngrlBella

So besides the highly detailed sets, what’s the streetmosphere/entertainment?

Wondering if there are interactive creatures/characters wandering the land. I’ve only seen footage of Kylo and a Stormtrooper verbally harassing ;) guests.

Snow Queen

So besides the highly detailed sets, what’s the streetmosphere/entertainment?

Wondering if there are interactive creatures/characters wandering the land. I’ve only seen footage of Kylo and a Stormtrooper verbally harassing ;) guests.
From what I've seen and heard, we've got a show with pyrotechnic effects over the garage, Kylo Ren choking an officer by the TIE Echelon and demanding the troops find a spy (featured in the pyro show), Chewie's got some kind of show at the Falcon I've not seen details on, Rey and Chewie wander around the forest, Kylo and troopers wander the village on ground level and walkways above. I'm curious if Vi, the spy featured in the fight show, wanders around but I've not seen anything on that.

mickEblu

I do wonder how much work it would take to fix the issues. If there is anyway to make the gunner/ engineer positions more desirable, make the ride more thrilling and maybe not make the attraction so dependent on your pilots ability. After waiting 2+ hours in line it’s not fun to have a mediocre experience because your pilot sucked. I don’t care how interactive and “real” that makes it. Disney must think people want to role play more than have fun at a theme park.

Disney Analyst

From what I've seen and heard, we've got a show with pyrotechnic effects over the garage, Kylo Ren choking an officer by the TIE Echelon and demanding the troops find a spy (featured in the pyro show), Chewie's got some kind of show at the Falcon I've not seen details on, Rey and Chewie wander around the forest, Kylo and troopers wander the village on ground level and walkways above. I'm curious if Vi, the spy featured in the fight show, wanders around but I've not seen anything on that.

I saw a photo of a kid interacting with Vi.

Hawg G

This makes no sense. If the ride runs continuously and always has a wait then the same number of people would have ridden the ride no matter how long the standby line is. I haven’t seen anyone post that the ride was running with empty seats. Nobody is getting screwed. They seem to be managing the crowds quite well and allowing everyone who does get in a chance to look around without crushing crowds and potentially unsafe conditions.

The only people getting screwed by this system are the people rooting for the land to fail and rooting for bad reviews from angry fans who got stuck in hours long lines and massive crowds.

By your math, should the Magic Kingdom close for the day when there are 5 minute waits for all rides?

If they are limiting everyone to one ride in their 4 hr time, that's one thing. Haven't seen if that is verified.

As for the massive crowds, are you really that daft to think that isn't eminent, no matter what Disney does for a few weeks? And if anything, this gets more positive reviews to set up people for even more disappointment when they wait 3-4 hours this summmer?

Darkbeer1

I don't understand this, though. Are you saying the sign includes tax? Is that typical in Anaheim?

Yes, in California, stand alone outdoor vending stands including food trucks may opt to post their prices to include tax, for else of cash transactions. Of course, the signage is suppose to state " includes applicable sales tax". Same with vending machines. So what costs you a dollar, actually is a 92 cent item, and the other 8 cents goes to the government.

zooey

I'm having a hard time really understanding what is the worst that can happen if your pilot "sucks."

Rex sucked! Threepio sucked! Why can't you still have a fun ride even if you don't "win the game"?
Same thinking here... I guess because it’s a game it brings out people’s competitive nature. For me, I think it’s all in good fun and humor, I can’t believe anyone would feel like it’s an actual stage for judged performance.

Hawg G

Where's that Len video? I trust Len to be fair but in no way a Disney homer, so I'm interested in what his take will be.

If they're staying at one of those hotels, they have their reservation time at some point during their stay. I'm going on the 8th, and I'd much rather have a guaranteed, 4-hour time slot with a comfortable crowd level than a free-for-all.

Wouldn't you rather have TWO 4 hour periods?

TROR

Well it doesn't look like they're going to. According to the plans, they'll have RotR only. They'll still have room to expand and add Smuggler's Run if they wanted to though.
I believe it's the opposite - they'll only have Smuggler's Run.

Sharon&Susan

Threepio sucked!
C3PO.jpg
-Sad Beep-

Last edited:

Hawg G

For someone who sure has a lot of opinions about a place they haven't experienced you sure don't know much about it.

Disney Hotel guests received a reservation automatically.

And yes there are distinct 4 hour windows.
You really don't understand how queueing works, do you? If the line has a consistent wait, whether that wait is 60 minutes or 3 hours, the same amount of guests are riding the ride. They aren't running it with empty seats. You don't seem to be understanding the purpose of controlled access. Disney didn't want the ride to have 3 hour waits, that's why they did the reservation system.

Hotel guests were given automatic reservations. What's your next baseless complaint we can shut down for you?

Well, after some looking at news today, you are ABSOLUTELY WRONG. There are windows starting every hour, so they are not distinct.

Plus, you are only limited to one ride for the first hour, apparently, so MANY are taking multiple rides.

Anyone who knows anything about queue management knows that posted wait times are a powerful psychological tool, which is why Disney inflates their usually. But, with less than an hour wait, they could double the crowds, and still have VERY reasonable waits.

So Disney decided to create a system where the lucky few get a fairly empty area, and multiple rides, while everyone else doesn't even get close enough to see it.

I personally think that is a very poor decision on Disney's part. Especially for resort guests staying many days.

You folks are awful pompous for being wrong.

captveg

Gotta remember that the 3-week reservation period is to also help work out any hiccups that reveal themselves. It's not all that surprising that they are keeping things less crowded on the first day. They can always go to random guests at any point in this 3-week window and "comp" them a visit to SW:GE to raise the #s in the area.

Far easier to add guests to an under booked land than to overbook it and move people out.

Hawg G

I understand that you are limited to one ride on the Falcon in the first hour of your reservation period and they are marking the wristbands. After that no restrictions. They want to make sure that everyone has a chance to ride at least once.

With overlapping windows, that makes absolutely no sense, as people already there will be in the line for that first hour

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom