News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

sponono88

Happy opening day!! According to Twitter reports, the first wave of reservations went smoothly. Kudos to the CMs

15 minutes after opening - wait time is at 60 minutes.

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

That’s why I didn’t entirely agree overall criticism of it being cold and empty. Yeah, theme parks come to life with people in them. Even those After Hours events at WDW empty the parks out and they seem off, and yes, even while the background music plays. It’s obvious Galaxy’s Edge was built to handle a ton of people, and those people add to the atmosphere of a populated, busy outpost.

The reviews lost me when Dusty went on and on about how he was personally victimized by MF:SR.

...and then rode it again.

EDIT: I guess at some point somebody came along and removed the site name from all of our posts? Are we not allowed to mention MC now either?

Last edited:

FRD714

Actually as you watch the streaming video, it honestly looks like a lot more fun with crowd of happy people than the strange, mostly empty footage the VIPs provided yesterday.
Agreed. Just finished watching that SR stream and looks a lot better than previous footage. Does look difficult to control the Falcon though.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
reviews lost me when Dusty went on and on about how he was personally victimized by MF:SR.

...and then rode it again.
I was thinking the same thing. He seemed really upset that a fictional character talked smack to him. If I crashed the Falcon I would be disappointed if I didn’t get some blowback for being a bad pilot.

One thing that review did point out to me is the dynamic that exists between those who felt the ride was too challenging and those who felt it was too simple. While some people complained about how hard it was to fly others are upset that the controls aren’t more like a true simulator. I think Disney probably tried to lean towards the side of simple to please the masses and I think that’s probably the way to go, but I have to experience it in person to know for sure.

ayyylmao

Do we have any clue about how many people per reservation period there are?

I saw Smugglers run went from 60 -> 90 -> down to 60 minutes now.

My co-worker who got in at 8 said that the Cantina was already full.

Lightsaber lines are already around 2 hours too.

RaveOnEd

Overall, I love how it looks and can't wait until it opens at DHS. I've had to stop watching the YouTube accounts, as I don't want to see every inch of it! I want to go, experience it myself and discover those surprises on my own!

zooey

It seemed that Savi’s, Cantina, and MFSR were the things with immediate lines, marketplace, Dok’s, and food was more or less empty.
I’m going to guess they’re testing crowds during reservation period and that will inform how the virtual queue will work later.

sponono88

And now it’s down to 30 minutes. This is good. I wonder if this will be the same as the CM previews, where the wait for smugglers run will be a walk-on as the end of the 4 hr window approaches.

My plan is to head to Ogas cantina first since the majority of people head to the ride as soon as they enter the land.

I wonder why they don’t include the wait times for the cantina and lightsaber workshop on the app?

Edit - 25 min now! Can they just make the reservation system permanent? :)

Last edited:

FRD714

Down to 30 minutes currently.

captveg

Aside from MF:SR being my first stop when I go this Fall, I know the Droid Depot will be my second. (Assuming RotR isn't open yet in September).

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You are entitled to an opinion, but repeatedly posting the same things over and over again when you haven’t seen or experienced the ride or land is getting pretty tired. This is supposed to be a thread where people who have actually been to the land post their reviews. It’s fine to disagree or have a different opinion than those who have posted reviews but to post it over and over and over makes it seem like you have some sort of agenda. I think that’s why people have reacted negatively to your posts. We get it. You hate the land and the ride and you don’t need to see it in person to have that opinion. You made your opinion clear no need to continue to post it.
Ehhh! Wrong. It is a review thread. So i gave a review based on what I have seen
What? You think Siskel amd Ebert and to be on the set of every movie the reviewed to form an educated opinon on it?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Vaguely off topic but it’s still galaxy’s edge...I have a big announcement to make. As most of you have undoubtedly noticed I have a countdown in the signature to my WDW trip for galaxy’s edge. Well...it looks like the week around D23 I’ll get to experience Batuu in Disneyland as well! I’m so excited wonder if Rise will be open? Second time in California and by extension disneyland! Signature update is coming soon!
I hope you enjoy your visit and experience all the classic and original rides and unique experiences Walt's original and one true Magic Kingdom has to offer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom