News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

mickEblu

Those crowds are way too light. Makes me fearful of what’s going to come in late June...

Yeah Im just thankful my bro in law and sister in law booked a hotel room for 6/22 so I’ll be piggy backing off their SWL reservation. They had to reschedule a couple nights last minute back in January so they had credit with the Grand Californian. I let them know if they were planning to go soon they may as well go in June so they can get a SWL reservation.

The day I was originally planning to go (the first Saturday SWL is open after the reservation period ends) will probably be insane.

darthryan22

As far as DAS cards, these are mainly for older attractions that are not accessible. The entire queue of MF:SR is accessible. Special access is most likely restricted to people with sensory and cognitive disabilities, not mobility impairments. But you can ask at the entrance to the ride. I have not heard if they are giving return times, but I would suspect not.

They have a guest relations kiosk at the Frontierland entrance to Galaxy's Edge. You get a return time for MF: SR and go through the fast pass queue like you normally would for any other attraction.

darthryan22

I've been trying to watch these lightsaber-building videos, but that opening speech by the cast members... yeesh!

EDIT: And that final speech... ugh, sorry cast members. I appreciate what you're trying to do. But the 'dramatic' acting isn't good enough.

As someone who did the Savi's experience, it was not bad at all. Our main gatherer was extremely well versed in the experience and was not over dramatized at all.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I have a question about Savi's build a bear lightsaber shop to those that have been in it. When do you pay? do you pay when you enter like a buffet or do you go to a room at the exit where there is a cash register and any additional accessories?

The_Mesh_Hatter

I have a question about Savi's build a bear lightsaber shop to those that have been in it. When do you pay? do you pay when you enter like a buffet or do you go to a room at the exit where there is a cash register and any additional accessories?

Haven’t done it myself but there are cash registers outside before you enter. From what I’ve heard, you pay before.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Haven’t done it myself but there are cash registers outside before you enter. From what I’ve heard, you pay before.
Oh ok so you pay the flat $200 or whatever amount it is then they show you to the building room? I ask because no one has filmed the paying process in any video i have seen. I mean at the end of Olivender's wand show you get to go to that wand room and pick your own wand and go up to the cash register. was wondering how it works here.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Also for those who have been in the cantina, do they pour the drinks right there in front of you or do they open a premade pouch and pour it in your cup? how do they serve the drinks? and for those at tables is there a waitress or you go to the bar, get your drink then sit down?

Disney Analyst

Oh ok so you pay the flat $200 or whatever amount it is then they show you to the building room? I ask because no one has filmed the paying process in any video i have seen. I mean at the end of Olivender's wand show you get to go to that wand room and pick your own wand and go up to the cash register. was wondering how it works here.

You pay and are given a time to return and or a wait I believe. Some were waiting up to two hours.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You pay and are given a time to return and or a wait I believe. Some were waiting up to two hours.
oh ok. I have seem some videos of the show and honestly i would rather build a droid. the $100 seems reasonable and i like the idea of bringing my droid to life and carrying it around to interact with the other droids in the land.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Yes, and it’s hard for me to believe that after the initial hype dies down, there will be much of a market for this kind of thing. But, I’m constantly let down by today’s general public, so we’ll see.
I would probably do a droid. I saw at target a bb-8 droid similar to what you get at the park for over $100 so for making your own custom droid that you can control remotley and it will interact with other droids is reasonable. the sabers on the other hand, while the experience seems ok, i think they need better lead gatherers who can actually act to do that whole spiel convincingly, the price is not worth it at this point. if it ever goes down to around the price of the droids i would prob do it but its not worth $200 to me at this point. and yes i get you are in part also paying for the experience

Curious Constance

I would probably do a droid. I saw at target a bb-8 droid similar to what you get at the park for over $100 so for making your own custom droid that you can control remotley and it will interact with other droids is reasonable. the sabers on the other hand, while the experience seems ok i think they need better lead gatherers who can actually act to do that whole spiel convincingly the price is not worth it at this point. if it ever does down to around the price of the droids i would prob do it but its not worth $200 to me at this point. and yes i get you are in part also paying for the experience
I wouldn’t pay a penny for either for myself, but my son likes the droid builds. Sounds like they are techy though and might lose his interest. I think he’s more into the build your own/model aspect. Who knows, in any event, I wouldn’t pay $100 for it. I’d rather wait for Target to put theirs on clearance for a few bucks like all their Star Wars movie crap eventually ends up doing.

mandelbrot

So I finally experienced Galaxy's Edge today and I wanted to share what it was like and maybe provide some helpful information.

It is by far the most impressive and immersive theme park experience Disney has ever created so kudos to Disney for bringing Star Wars to life. The land definitely felt First-Order heavy since Rise of the Resistance isn't operational yet but I think the land will feel more balanced once completed.

Our reservation time was 8am so it was the first group of the day. We were around the middle of our reservation group when we were herded into the land but even then the line for Oga's Cantina was back to the entrance of the land and growing fast. We agreed it wasn't worth it and decided to walk around the spectacular land and take in the scenery.

There were no limitations on how many times we were allowed to ride SR unlike what people were reporting this past weekend. We rode it twice, once waiting 30 minutes, and once 15 minutes. Good ride, but definitely not meant to be the headliner of GE. Can't wait for RoTR.

We walked by the Cantina after about 45 minutes in the land and saw the line was much shorter. We found CM's using tablets taking names for a virtual queue for Oga's so we signed up. They said we'd get probably get a text after about two hours but there was no guarantee. We did get the text, checked back in and waited about five minutes to enter the Cantina.

You are assigned a place to stand at high top table or the bar top and you have to stay put. There are some booths where some get sat but you're sitting with a bunch of strangers. They pack the place and it very much feels like a bar/nightclub only with LOTS of kids. It's odd. We got placed at a narrow standing table near Rex which was neat, Drinks were just okay. Beautiful place. Cool music. Uncomfortably packed. We only stayed about half an hour.

We didn't build lightsabers or droids and we didn't eat anything but we did explore every inch of the land and enjoyed the sights and sounds and people watching. The stormtroopers walking around interacting with guests were very entertaining and definitely a highlight. We also saw Chewie and Rey milling about and interacting.

Overall the place is breathtaking. The sound design is incredible, adding to the immersion. The reservation groups seem to be small enough to allow everyone to enjoy the land which never feels overly crowded. I would bet even after the reservation system ends, they will cap capacity to make the land always bearable. I hope so anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom